Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HIDs! (Any Info or questions post here)

35w for lows and fogs. 55w is a little excessive for them. Highs, do whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by chiplin View Post
      Great. Thanks guys and one more thing. 35 ir 55w kits ?
      35w. 55w is overkill (55w are mainly used for trucks & buses
      COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
      Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
      MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

On DDMtuning.com on the DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit, it gives you options such as :HID Harness, Error Eliminator, Adaptor Cables, and Mounting Bracket, all with one option and a price... are these required or will I be okay with just the kit as it is ? Also I'm looking to put blue LED light in my dome light, trunk light, and license plate light, what are the numbers/size for these ?

Comment

You don't need any of them. The harness is a good investment imo as your drawing power directly off the battery with it. But it's not necessary for the hids to work.

Comment

Great thanks man, and did you by chance know about the three LED I'm looking for ? (Dome, Trunk, Plate) How can I find the correct size to order some LED replacements ?

Comment

Originally posted by chiplin View Post
              Great thanks man, and did you by chance know about the three LED I'm looking for ? (Dome, Trunk, Plate) How can I find the correct size to order some LED replacements ?
              Map light 168
              Dome light 561
              Trunk/Cargo area 211-2
              COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
              MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

A shot with the camera higher than the CCFL's light projection.

A shot from below the CCFL's light projection.

NOTE: I also just got the car washed and waxed.
                Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

so im looking into getting HID sometime and i was on the DDM site and im so confused. what all should i order with the kit? and what all do i need to make it as easy to install as possible?
                  Last edited by aquaacorn; 05-25-2012, 03:53 AM.

Comment

All the information you need is already on this page.

Comment

Every item there that currently isn't filled out is unnecessary.
                      -HID Harness
                      -Error Eliminator
                      -Adaptor cables
                      -Mounting Brackets

Alllll Unnecessary

Also, I went with 55w because I like bright ass lights. (rag on me all you want, 55w looks smexy. Don't care about glare.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Install is going to be annoying either way you go about it.

Either you're drilling a hole in your headlights cap to make room for the HID wiring,
                      Or you're shoving the cap on there and screwing the headlight on as fast as possible (<did that, kiiinda regret it.)
                      Last edited by ImperialBlue; 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

i have no problem with drilling, my dad has every tool you can think about ( hes a master mechanic ) so install wont be hard.

Comment

• Installation of HIDs is easy peasy. Doesnt take long either

Comment

The only thing I recommend you purchase is the bonus harness. The stock power relay doesn't have the wattage to support the HID's if the stock wiring is also powering the HID's in your fogs lights. I luckily ordered the harness when I installed the 6000k 35w HIDS for my fogs and it was a great buy.

I would assume also ordering the harness for the HID low beams would be good. The connector gets very hot and might corrode in the long run. I have Revotec Eagle Eye Projectors and they draw a higher amount of power than the stock headlights.

My recommendation is get the $15.00 harness from DDM, it will save allot of headaches in the long run.
                            Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

Hmmm. that's weird. I've never had any problems with 55w low and 35w fog

Comment

It's always better to just use a relay harness. More power to the relay = more sustained brightness.

besides the stock wiring doesn't have a master fuse on the red wire. if it fry's something it will take out the fuse in the fuse box and then you run the risk of shorting something else out. I'd rather keep the wattage localized.

Comment

Working...
                                X