Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coulomjo's G6 progression (EE Halo DRL bypass! - Updated July 27th 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coulomjo's G6 progression (EE Halo DRL bypass! - Updated July 27th 2013)

Glad to be back with another G6! I've owned a 2005 sport red metallic G6 V6 before but was traded in for the Torrent (progression thread here) which is basically my wife's car. This one however is all mine to toy with

This 2006 G6 V6 sedan (Light tarnished silver, what kind or color name is that?) has seen it's share of scratches and bumps. I'm putting a little bit of love into her and it's starting to pay off. The dealership initially asked for 6999$ but I managed to get it for 4999$ last April. And it came with winter tires on rims!

Also all known issues with this model were fixed back in November 2011 so it rides like a champ. So far the only problem I've encountered so far is the shift from park issue that I've already taken care of with some di-electric grease (thanks to you guys!)

My first mod was to remove that ugly front licence plate holder. In came in color matched bumper plugs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance mods
    - Partial debadge ( GM emblems delete, Pontiac & V6 delete, "G6" relocated to the right)
    - Dart & trunk keyhole overlays (front and back)
    - 70% front 20% back window tint
    - Polished Exhaust tip
    - Upper & lower recessed grilles (black)
    - White LEDs (reverse lights & licence plate)
    - Red LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit)
    - Redline Tuning Quicklifts
    - Eagle Eyes black projector healights
    - 6000k HIDs for lows & fogs (mod removed 09-22-2013)
    - EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to)

Performance mods
    - CRAB Intakes (O3)

Interior mods
    - LEDs - Dome light (Type 561 - 12 led SMD White)
    - LEDs - Trunk: (Type 211-2 - 9 led SMD White)
    - Radio transplant from an '09 GT (with AUX IN)
    - HVAC transplant from an '10
    - Pioneer speakers (front & back)
    - Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer
    - Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition)

LEDs: I get a lot of questions about this mod. I get all my leds on Ebay.

Mods in progress: none

Future mods: Nothing planned

Wish list: New muffler with double exhaust, WAMS Tune, 17" or 18" wheels & tire, Brembo upgrade, Strut bar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 16th, 2012 : I've given her the compound & wax treatment today, took 3 years off her age easily!

April 18 2013

July 27th 2013 (with EE HALO DRL turned on)
    Last edited by coulomjo; 10-22-2013, 06:48 PM.
    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Re: coulomjo's G6 progression

Sweet deal on the price! Nice to hear you're back in a G6 again.
    Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
    CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
    AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Nice silver 6!

Comment

Thanks!

I've updated the first post with pictures of the LEDs (trunk and dome light). I swapped the licence plate today so I'll take some pics later tonight.

Also installed overlays on the front & back Pontiac darts. Next week I'll be picking up my CRABS and hopefully my HID's will have arrived.
        Last edited by coulomjo; 05-27-2012, 02:39 PM.
        COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).

Comment

looking good man
          ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

Debadge & relocate complete!

I've removed the GM emblems, the Pontiac & V6 letters. As for the "G6" I've relocated it to the right. Thought it would be different. :-)

I've updated the first post with pics.
            Last edited by coulomjo; 05-29-2012, 03:59 PM.
            COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, where/what LEDs did you get for the interior, trunk, and license plate?

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
              Originally posted by wzbhnn
              We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post
                If you don't mind me asking, where/what LEDs did you get for the interior, trunk, and license plate?
                I get all my leds on Ebay. Here are the ones I've swapped (and yes they stay on)
                Dome: Type 561 - 12 led SMD White
                Trunk: Type 211-2 - 9 led SMD White
                Licence: Type 194 - 5 led SMD White

These are prefab and ready to go. Plug n' play baby!

Just make sure you buy SMD or SMT types, they're a lot more powerful than regular leds. I've been running LEDs for the past 4 years in the Torrent without any problems.

Oh and if you leave your interior lights on and forget about it (or in my case if your kids play with the switch) they WILL discharge your battery. Happened to me once.
                COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo View Post
                  I get all my leds on Ebay. Here are the ones I've swapped (and yes they stay on)
                  Dome: Type 561 - 12 led SMD White
                  Trunk: Type 211-2 - 9 led SMD White
                  Licence: Type 194 - 5 led SMD White
                  Awesome, this is just what I was looking for! But what do you mean "Yes they do stay on"? They go off while your driving right!?

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                  Originally posted by wzbhnn
                  We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

There is a constant amount of electricity running in the wiring. Usually the incandescent bulbs cancel it out (because of their higher resistance load) but the leds are sensitive enough to activate.

You have to look for it to see it, otherwise you won't know about this. Some people have posted fixes for this, but it's mainly for looks.
                    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Finally got around to post office. It was holding up on some goodies...

COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Current Mods:
                        CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
                        AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

4 new mods!
                          Yesterday I managed to install the HIDs, CRABS, do a resonator delete! I also added a bolt on exhaust pipe just to make it nicer for now as I plan to change the muffler later on to get dual exhaust but I have other priorities on my list (eagle eyes & tune).

I didn't take much pics because I raced against the sunset & rain. Will update this thread as soon as the weather clears.

Installation went flawlessly… except the removal of the resonator (those damn push pins!)
                          Went for a road test… and re-discovered how AMAZING this car sounds like with a CRAB. I kept teasing cars in front of me in city traffic by flooring the pedal just for a fraction of a second; the car didn’t accelerate but it does one hell of a WHOOF!

In the meantime you can feast on these two:

Last edited by coulomjo; 06-02-2012, 01:10 PM.
                          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

What the heck is that brown $h1t all over your engine bay?!

Current Mods:

Future Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by Echidna View Post
                              What the heck is that brown $h1t all over your engine bay?!
                              I think it's some kind of rustt proof treatment, I have the same thing inside the doors. I'm planning on buying an engine shampoo kit, I guess it will take care of that at the same time
                              COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Working...
                              X