This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post All Dyno Results Here

I think vector did mine in 6th cause they hit 133, maybe thats why my numbers are low? But it was for tuning not just a dyno.
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Great video she was flying!!!!!!!!!!!!
      2007 G6 GTP Hammerhead spoiler GXP bumper 6k hids low and fogs exhaust 4 inch tips

Comment

Originally posted by hybridsix
        Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan

From what I've been told, dyno pulls are supposed to be done in 3rd gear because 4th will actually give you a slightly higher HP than what is true. But, that's just what I have been told. I'm no expert.
        Yeah, I let the dyno guys decide what gear it should be in. And for comparison's sake, when I start doing mods, I just have to keep it in the same gear anyway.

I do have the 6 speed tranny, so would third gear still be the best choice?

Gear ratios:
        First 4.48
        Second 2.87
        Third: 1.84
        Fourth: 1.41
        Fifth 1
        Sixth 0.74
        Reverse: 2.88
        Final Drive Ratio: 2.77
        We have the same tranny, but I don't know. Never really understood why they chose 3 for us when we had our dyno day in Columbus. No idea, if the ratio's have something to do with finding exactly what the right hp is.
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
          I think vector did mine in 6th cause they hit 133, maybe thats why my numbers are low? But it was for tuning not just a dyno.
          Nope, they did your's in 4th or 5th I think. I hit 100 in 3rd gear when I race, so take that as you will. Had they been in 6th, @ 6300 RPM you'd be doing over 145.

Comment

OK that make more sinse. Just a few more adjustments and things should be good. I really hope you can go to vector to get tuned for your headers and get some vids. I got one more vid I'm trying to get up on here but it's being weird.
            My Car Domain
            Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
                OK that make more sinse. Just a few more adjustments and things should be good. I really hope you can go to vector to get tuned for your headers and get some vids. I got one more vid I'm trying to get up on here but it's being weird.
                Oh, I've already decided to go up there in January if I don't get reassigned to Costa Rica for this coming year (should know in a couple weeks). I'm going to see if we can do a race tune and a highway tune for MPG. Not sure if there is much difference, but I'd be nice to actually use the remote tuner / data logger I have for something like swapping out tunes for different needs.

Comment

is it just me or does that seem really high for WHP... Hell factory rating on that car is 224 at the CRANK!!!

hhhmmm.... something does not sound right.....

Chris Woodburry Ponners Leon can someone smarter than i please weigh in?

Comment

Gtp is higher than 224 I thought. My GT is 219 crank and 180 to the wheels.
                    Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                    I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                    Originally posted by ahuhn
                    i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

• Re: Post All Dyno Results Here

oh yea... 260 something...

Comment

DOHC LY7 = 252bhp.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

For the Record.... Dan Dyno's are supposta be run in the gear closest to 1.00. In most 6 speed transmissions, not the G6's in this case as their's is 5th, but in my GTO and many T-56 tranny's in F-Bodies, GTO, Vette, GT500's and such, 4th ends up being exactly 1.00. Most runs are done in 3rd gear however to put less strain on a car. In the typical 3 runs, usually 2 are in 3rd and 1 run is done in 4th just so the car isn't doing 0-120mph runs over and over in a enviorment where the car is standing still and it's not really moving and getting the airflow needed to cool the car properly.. most dyno's fans and such will blow 30mph if you're lucky and it's a big ass fan.

People who say running it in 4th gives yo ua higher # than what the car is making is false, It's actually giving what the car is making in most cases or a closer reading.
                          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                          2005 CGM GTO.
                          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                            For the Record.... Dan Dyno's are supposta be run in the gear closest to 1.00. In most 6 speed transmissions, not the G6's in this case as their's is 5th, but in my GTO and many T-56 tranny's in F-Bodies, GTO, Vette, GT500's and such, 4th ends up being exactly 1.00. Most runs are done in 3rd gear however to put less strain on a car. In the typical 3 runs, usually 2 are in 3rd and 1 run is done in 4th just so the car isn't doing 0-120mph runs over and over in a enviorment where the car is standing still and it's not really moving and getting the airflow needed to cool the car properly.. most dyno's fans and such will blow 30mph if you're lucky and it's a big ass fan.

People who say running it in 4th gives yo ua higher # than what the car is making is false, It's actually giving what the car is making in most cases or a closer reading.
                            Thanks Woody. So the main point is to use the gear with the 1;1 ratio. In our case, it's 5th

Comment

Well, If you don't have the speed limiter removed, you'll hit it before the redline in 5th gear. I was at ~115 when I hit my rev limiter in 4th.
                              30% tint front, 15% Tint Back

Mod Wishlist:
                              CAI
                              MPD Hood
                              Exhaust
                              ECM Tune

Comment

Originally posted by hybridsix
                                Well, If you don't have the speed limiter removed, you'll hit it before the redline in 5th gear. I was at ~115 when I hit my rev limiter in 4th.
                                My stock gov was 126 before the tune. They fing suck if they dropped it to 115
                                My Car Domain

Comment

Working...
                                X