• Show
Clear All

Re: Interest List: Unqiue Coatings Projector Retrofit

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
    Originally posted by markpetersonii
    Originally posted by bluegtp33
    breaking one tab wont hurt ya. unless it is the one by fender
    ummm....
    I'd buy some epoxy and glue it back............ tha's what I'm doing with the ones I got from Dan. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    ok, cool!

Comment

off topic here....but make sure it is plastic epoxy or it wont do crap

chad---need any old inner bezels/housings?

Comment

ok thanks!

Comment

I would so much love to see this come to fruition(sp?).......................

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

is there going to be a flat rate shipping charge? I need to count up every dollar before spending....
            It's not what you've got in the car, it's what you can do with it!
            K&N Filter
            KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
            FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17
            R1Concepts E-Line Cross Drilled Front

Comment

Man, are we impatient or what?

This thread was to guage interest. Some are asking a bunch of questions that maybe should be kept until Chad is able to gin up an example set. Until he has done that, he really has no way to determine what the price point would be for them to make a reasonable profit. I understand that cost is an issue to all of us, if it weren't, I am pretty sure we would all be driving something other than a 6er. In my case it would be a 'new' 959.

I suggest that if you are interested in these lights, add your name to the list. Once there is a working prototype and we can mostly agree on the extras, we would start another list for the buy.

Comment

no, there will not be a flat rate shipping charge. if there were, i would have to assume worst case scenario and charge everyone 65 dollars to ship. i dont think people in surrounding states would like that.

the determining factor is getting a spacer/kick-plate built that will position the projector forward in the housing, so the entire projector tucks inside the back cap. i have the best in the country working on a design for the spacer.
                Chad
                Unique Coatings
                http://www.uniquecoatings.co

Customizing in Tinted Tail Lights, Tinted Headlights, Color Matched Headlights, Angel Eye Upgrade Kits, HID Xenon Conversions, HID Retrofits, VentureShield Paint Protection

Comment

sweet I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these

Comment

Originally posted by RedMan243
                    sweet I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these
                    Blue Man Group
                    Current Mods: tint 35% front & !5%back, Alpine Type E 2-12" subs w/ Rockford Fosgate P400 Amp &cap, Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and 6"X9", R1Concepts E-Line slotted/cross drilled Rotors w/ Pads and painted blue calipers, 6,000k flashtech HIDs, and chrome be gone...

Future Mods: GXP/AIT front bumper, LED tinted tails, modded painted headlights with halos, Rockford Fosgate 6"x9" in the back doors

Originally posted by danmccormick87
                    gotta love iraq bootlegging

Comment

• Re: Interest List: Unqiue Coatings Projector Retrofit

Originally posted by Convert

This thread was to guage interest. Some are asking a bunch of questions that maybe should be kept until Chad is able to gin up an example set. Until he has done that, he really has no way to determine what the price point would be for them to make a reasonable profit. I understand that cost is an issue to all of us, if it weren't, I am pretty sure we would all be driving something other than a 6er. In my case it would be a 'new' 959.

I suggest that if you are interested in these lights, add your name to the list. Once there is a working prototype and we can mostly agree on the extras, we would start another list for the buy.

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
                      Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by cbrenn71
                        no, there will not be a flat rate shipping charge. if there were, i would have to assume worst case scenario and charge everyone 65 dollars to ship. i dont think people in surrounding states would like that.

the determining factor is getting a spacer/kick-plate built that will position the projector forward in the housing, so the entire projector tucks inside the back cap. i have the best in the country working on a design for the spacer.
                        Dang, someone knows some people...

Comment

Originally posted by Convert

Everyone else was asking questions....gosh!.....maybe I over read the part about a prototype....sorry...still interested though
                          It's not what you've got in the car, it's what you can do with it!
                          K&N Filter
                          KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
                          FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17
                          R1Concepts E-Line Cross Drilled Front

Comment

Good news guys! It looks like i will be able to have a custom made trim plate built for us that will serve as a kicker plate to move the projector further into the headlight, preventing the projector from protruding out the back.

It will however add more cost than i had planned, I still need to iron out some details, but it sounds promising at this point.
                            Chad
                            Unique Coatings
                            http://www.uniquecoatings.co

Customizing in Tinted Tail Lights, Tinted Headlights, Color Matched Headlights, Angel Eye Upgrade Kits, HID Xenon Conversions, HID Retrofits, VentureShield Paint Protection

Comment

around how much more?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by cbrenn71
                                Good news guys! It looks like i will be able to have a custom made trim plate built for us that will serve as a kicker plate to move the projector further into the headlight, preventing the projector from protruding out the back.

It will however add more cost than i had planned, I still need to iron out some details, but it sounds promising at this point.
                                Correct me if i'm wrong but the "Trim Plate" is that part that a lot of us get painted black?

If it is, make sure the one we're getting is black :P

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
                                Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X