• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clunking in steering

Originally posted by ahuhn
    max you discribed this problem pretty well

Originally posted by kylecap
    i've noticed this in my 6 as well...
    how much does the dealership charge to fix it?
    would it be under my warranty?
    or possibly a recall?

also... is this going to affect any other parts of my car
    such ass my c/v joints or suspension?
    no recall. if you have warrenty it should be covered

and it will not effect any other parts of your car
    i should have read before posting, thanks ahuhn

Comment

underwarrenty they will

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well I am now replacing my 4th rack in my 2005 g6...5 if you count the original.....GM is still saying that they have no problems with the racks........right...

Comment

Its just not a G6 issue, I have read that a lot of GM products have had a boat load of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRedDemon
            Its just not a G6 issue, I have read that a lot of GM products have had a boat load of issues.

so does EVERY OTHER CAR. where there are mechanical parts, there will be problems.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
              Originally posted by DarkRedDemon

so does EVERY OTHER CAR. where there are mechanical parts, there will be problems.

But if the problems are not random and a particular part fail consistently, then it becomes a defect.

None of my other cars went through 2 steering racks and 2 i-shaftes in less than 3 years. I don't think that was due to my driving or my bad luck especially when others are having the same problem.

Comment

Exactly, they have an obvious part failure....these racks can't even last 12,00o miles....I have a open case with the executive offices to have someone come look at the car as this is starting to get ridiculous........

Comment

I had mine to the dealer once for this but they said they they replaced the stablizer link every thread on here that I have read about a steering clunk its the steering i shaft and mine needs fixed but I am no longer under warranty

Comment

As long as the clunking isn't a safety issue, I can live with it.
                    Kicker KS 6930's 3-Way Rear
                    Kicker DS 650's 2-Way Front
                    Silver Star 4000k Low Beams
                    CRAB Intake : Full System Upgrade and Resonator Removed
                    Racingline : Engine Ground Kit
                    30% Tint Sides and Rear & Windshield Strip
                    Interior Door Trim at Handles and Driver Side Switch Housing : Black
                    Pontiac Dart Overlays : Front, Back and Steering Wheel : Black
                    Headlight Tint and Eyelids : Black, and Tinted Tails
                    Partial DeBadge : GM Badges Removed
                    Chrome Exhaust Tip

Comment

I had my I-shaft replaced a few weeks ago, the squeaking is gone but I still have a problem on the right. I can feel something like a clunk or jittering when I turn right, particularly at low speed or when cornering sharply. I will be taking it back in hopefully next week.

Comment

I wonder if this is wat went wrong with my car? It makes a weird clicking noise and I never knew wat it was coming from. Then a few days ago I hit a curb and now the noise is more frequent and today I lost power steering all together. I checked the fuses and they're all good. They earliest the dealership can look at my car is Friday.

Comment

my car has the clunk, and sometimes the steering seems very loose. is that related to the clunk? or is it something else?
                          2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                          2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

something else

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

it doesnt do it all the time. for now its just once in a while but im sure it will increase. next time i go in for an oil change i will ask them to look it over
                              2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                              2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

I had my rack & rod replaced in like September and I've noticed this is coming back again.
                                I've heard they can just adjust the torque on the rod and lube it up and it will go away.

Steering is pretty lose again.
                                The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
                                Making people rage since '05

Comment

Working...
                                X