Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

theshibbykumquat's Progression (Brembos Pg. 2!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: theshibbykumquat's Progression

Couple updates from the last couple weeks...

I put the Konis on the rear end of the car now! Theyre awesome! Havent put the fronts on yet but will be in the coming weeks. But even with them on the rear end the difference is huge! The rear end feels much more planted and controlled cant wait to see what its like with the fronts. But heres a couple pics...

Also for those that wanted to see how my pedders springs have settled I snapped another pic. Definetely not the lowest, but they got rid of excessive wheel gap above the wheels and it looks much better. I like them because theyre not super low, so I still have a decent amount of wheel travel and didnt jack up the suspension geometry to bad...

And finally I grab a clip of the exhaust, broken in for about 5000 miles. Sorry for the bad video quality but its all I had at the moment. Nice deep tone, no rasp and no ricer sound...

Broken in...

Brand new...
    Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Looks amazing man! - Nice job!

One question, since I'm sure many will be wondering as-well, can you please provide the link to were you bought the Rear Koni's and what is involved with the installation!

is this the website you got yours from in your PM back in March? - http://thmotorsports.com/koni/koni_s.../i-105359.aspx

Keep it up!
      Last edited by Deathmage; 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM.
      Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Got the Konis from tire rack only cuz they had a sale on them, pretty sure its over now so just shop around for the best price. The part number for the rears is 8040-1342SPORT, they are the rear Konis from the Saab 9-3. Installation for both sides is simple, took about 30 minutes. They are identical to installing stock rear shocks, no modification necessary.
        Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
          Got the Konis from tire rack only cuz they had a sale on them, pretty sure its over now so just shop around for the best price. The part number for the rears is 8040-1342SPORT, they are the rear Konis from the Saab 9-3. Installation for both sides is simple, took about 30 minutes. They are identical to installing stock rear shocks, no modification necessary.
          Thx man, I'll be ordering these on Friday. My rear's are squeaking and starting to jiggle/bad feedback on some high G turns....front feel fine for now but they don't travel as much as the rears can... I'm thinking the Monroe's just don't like the lowered application too much, they have about 39k on them so far and rated for 50k.

by-the-way, did you get more negative chamber in the rear from installing them? with my shims I'm only able to get -1.4 on both sides in the rear; it's allot better than the -2.2 it was before....
          Last edited by Deathmage; 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM.
          Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
            by-the-way, did you get more negative chamber in the rear from installing them? with my shims I'm only able to get -1.4 on both sides in the rear; it's allot better than the -2.2 it was before....
            Shocks don't affect camber

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Re: theshibbykumquat's Progression (Pedders Pg. 2!)

Also got overlays for my steering wheel and door sill logos, as well as GM logo mats
              Where did you get the overlays for the steering wheel and door sill?

Comment

Re: theshibbykumquat's Progression (Pedders Pg. 2!)

Originally posted by Shanye93 View Post
                Where did you get the overlays for the steering wheel and door sill?
                Right here! http://www.grafxwerks.com/shop.php?part=G6GX1

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Shocks don't affect camber
                  Well I just wanted to ask since these are better shocks I wasn't sure if they would hold up the car better than the monroe's....

Comment

*kicks stone* I have to wait till October 25th for my rear shocks, special order.

Edit: Sweet Tire Rack has two is a warehouse in Nevada that I was able to snag, they will be here on Thursday.
                    Last edited by Deathmage; 10-11-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Re: theshibbykumquat's Progression

double post.
                      Last edited by Deathmage; 10-11-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

*kicks stone* I have to wait till October 25th for my rear shocks, special order.

Edit: Sweet Tire Rack has two is a warehouse in Nevada that I was able to snag, they will be here on Thursday.
                        Lucky you! I had to wait 2.5 months to get the rear ones!

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Lucky you! I had to wait 2.5 months to get the rear ones!
                          wow! i just checked tracking, these weren't supposed to be here till Thursday but Fedex shipped them over the weekend and they are in Newark ATM.

Curious to know if you turned the shocks to firm or soft or if you installed them OOBE right onto the car...

Comment

wow! i just checked tracking, these weren't supposed to be here till Thursday but Fedex shipped them over the weekend and they are in Newark ATM.

Curious to know if you turned the shocks to firm or soft or if you installed them OOBE right onto the car...
                            I set them to a 3/4 turn from full soft, might do another half turn firmer to see how that works out... I would recommend not to set them to full stiff or the rear end will probably start jacking down

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

I set them to a 3/4 turn from full soft, might do another half turn firmer to see how that works out... I would recommend not to set them to full stiff or the rear end will probably start jacking down
                              now you say 3/4 turn, is there a click or notch that you follow for the turn? - like how do you know how much you have turned them? - is there a notched mark on the nut and the outer casing to follow?

Comment

Idk if there is notches or marks or not, my assumption would be no however u can always make a mark with a sharpy so you can see how far you've turned it

Comment

Working...
                                X