eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eyelids

Yeah I mean even after I paint them on if I don't like them I want to be able to take it off. Or like you said if I sell it, I might want to take it off. I would have to talk to fuzz about it, I will call a graphics or vinyl shop to see what they can do and I'll consider the paint. What paint would I get though?
    GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

You can probably find a duplicolor spray can that mactches. Or have a body shop or performance shop do it to be absolutely sure its perfect. lol.
      But I understand where you're coming from. Try calling vinyl shops first. Most should have a swatch book and should be able to provide a sample to see how close it is.
      I just checked Avery and they do have a dark green that looks like it might be real close.
      I personally use Avery vinyl only. But maybe 3m or another brand has closer colors.
      Also this site appears to have a LARGE selection:

And they sent me like 6 color samples. It cost a couple bucks and you choose what you want. I liked that because I can hold it up to the car and see how it looks.

Comment

Yeah Ill keep searching a little more. Autozone has the duplicolor spray that matches my paint. Ill see what I can find in vinyl and then Ill make a decision. I just want the eyelids, it gives the car a much more aggressive look
        GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
        2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Comment

Yea I really like mine. Good luck on your search

Comment

Ya cruisin g6 they do have a lot, just wondering, which color do you think would match or be closest to the crimson red on our cars

Comment

Don't forget about these: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19832
              CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

I do like those. But I don't like ow those badge things stick out, but they eyelids look really good.
                GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comment

Hey Cruisin, I think I found a solution for the eyelids. Since I have such a different color from the norm, i can't seem to find vinyl that is the exact color as my car. So what Im thinking I can do is get some plastidip, spray that on as the eyelids and once its completely dry, then I will spray some Duplicolor Perfect match paint over it! Im going to test it tomorrow on a surface to make sure that the paint will stick and not go through the plastidip. Hopefully it will work, cause thats probably the best shot I have at this or else I will keep searching for vinyl lol and even then if I dont like it, its removable. Win win
                  GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comment

yea could work. Good luck!

Comment

I hope so, ill let you know tomorrow how the test goes
                      GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comment

So I had just finished the plastidip test. I did it on my refrigerator lol but I did two different tests. One with black plastidip and the dupli color on top of that, and the other with white plastidip and dupli color on top of that. I'll put up some pictures in a little bit. But I think that using the white plastidip really shows the color. The black is just really dark obviously.
                        GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comment

Yes, they are on two different textures, as you can see

This is with the white plastidip, looks more like the color of the car.

This is with the black plastidip. A lot darker, not sure exactly how it would look, probably to dark. The color is actually darker than in the photo, pretty much black with a hint of green

I think the white looks better
                          GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comment

yea it actually doesn't look so bad... I had my doubts ha. White base coat seems the way to go. Have you tried to see how removing it would be?

Comment

Yeah I tried to remove it from my fridge and it comes off easily. The spray paint did not go through the plastidip, so that is good. It is actually a pretty solid idea IMO. I didnt think it was going to work, but its not so bad. A pretty good solution to the problem of colormatching lol and since the plastidip is under the spray paint, peeling it off wont be a problem since plastidip is removable
                              Last edited by bjohnsong6; 02-04-2014, 09:22 AM.
                              GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Comment

Nice. Glad that worked. Can't wait to see it on the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X