• Re: Lowered Rides...Pics w/ reviews.

Originally posted by ImperialBlue View Post
    Place of Purchase: Summit Racing
    Brand: Eibach
    Front Lower height: 1.5"
    Back Lower height: 1.7"
    Price: $229.00
    Camber affect: .1
    Short review (likes, dislikes, and how the ride was affected): Ride is definitely rougher, but the cornering is unbelievable. It's like a whole new car. I can only imagine what it's like what you get Endlinks and a Racing Bar

good grief I thought low profile tires were tiny, what the heck kind of tires are those? - they look extremely ugly on the G6, did you even lower it? Your ride must be extremely harsh.
    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Thanks! The tires are 235/40/18, and they are a terrible ride! Also, your rims are by far the ugliest things ever! I never understood why Pontiac would put such ugly rims on a car...it just blows my mind...but then again, we're not talking about your car here.

Believe it or not, I did lower it, and they are cheap tires as a Pontiac G6 is a cheap car, for people with cheap budgets!! God, I could only imagine how shitty life would be if I were a middle aged man and drove this car *shudder*

Comment

Thanks! The tires are 235/40/18, and they are a terrible ride! Also, your rims are by far the ugliest things ever! I never understood why Pontiac would put such ugly rims on a car...it just blows my mind...but then again, we're not talking about your car here.

Believe it or not, I did lower it, and they are cheap tires as a Pontiac G6 is a cheap car, for people with cheap budgets!! God, I could only imagine how shitty life would be if I were a middle aged man and drove this car *shudder*
        Chill bro, he doesn't like your car. whoop-d-doo. you're the one who has to drive it everyday. Slim tires are not everyone's favorite look, and sure as heck arent everybodies favorite ride. And on this forum, when people don't like something they say it. You just gotta take it with a grain of salt. Don't get so defensive.
        DGC393's Progression

Mods

Performance:
        1.CRABS with K&N Cold Air Filter
        2.RES Delete
        3.Variation on Lampoon's RAM Air
        4. Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic
        5.Full Catback Stainless Steel Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Appearance:
        1.Rebadged/Debadged- GT Delete, G6 to trunk, Pontiac to dash
        2.20% Window Tint (All windows)
        3.Upper Recessed Grilles
        4.Lower Recessed Grilles
        5.Upgrated G6 embroidered carpets
        6. Temple and G6P Stuntin'
        7.Tinted Tail Lights (reverse blocks white)
        8.Fog lights ever on
        9.Tinted emblems
        10.Pontiac seatbelt pads
        11.Pontiac logo tire caps
        12.Eagle Eye headlights (black bezel)
        13.Eibach Prokit
        14. Color matched, AIT Fiberglass Hood

Comment

All this over one person's opinion on really low profile tires. Who cars, let the tires wear out as you planned and upgrade to an increased ride quality! ha Everybody goes through that awkward phase, let it be the time between fitted tires or a person in the middle of growing their hair out, sure it looks silly NOW, but give it a year

Comment

Everyone can speak their mind, I can understand that, I just take it a smidge harsh when language such as; "extremely ugly" are used. I get my tires are low-profile. I actually got it a few times before hand when the last 4 comments were made (even repeated by some). I just feel as though you don't have to be a douche-bag to get your point across.

And what I said is true; I really can't stand those rims and the G6 is one of the cheaper cars on the market.

EDIT: and yeah, I will let these tires wear out, and then it's going 235/45/18 or 225/50/18(I'm honestly excited to put my stocks back on to see if the gap disappears). And It's not just one persons opinion, it's people saying things in a rude way that's really lame.
            Last edited by ImperialBlue; 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

True that, the least that can be done is to not use such harsh language for such things. And I agree the stock wheels that come with the G6... all styles, are pretty distasteful, That's why I just painted my steelies, ha

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                True that, the least that can be done is to not use such harsh language for such things. And I agree the stock wheels that come with the G6... all styles, are pretty distasteful, That's why I just painted my steelies, ha
                I was merely stating my opinion. But I concur the rims on the stock G6 are horrible looking but with those rubber bands they look really unattractive IMO on those rim's it almost seems like you need coilovers to make up for there extreme thin appearance.

Question, if this is true ....."And what I said is true; I really can't stand those rims and the G6 is one of the cheaper cars on the market." ....why do you drive one?
                Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

ANYWAYS, haven't have read all of the posts, Looks like you guys are in need for the SAMURAI to weigh in on this debacle.

1: imperial, your tires are ugly , deal LOL

2: see, if this were a mitsubishi evo forum, you'd have a very very valid point about him being too old for the car lol because this things scream "im immature". however poeple of all ages buy different cars for different reasons. so stop hating. the GTP and gxp models were anything but cheap brand new....and both are respectively holding a high resale value to this day. the cheapest gxp in my area is 17k with 80k miles on it! it debuted at around 30k. my car had one owner who had passed away when i bought it. her son showed me the original invoice. it was purchased by his mother, elderly lady who paid $28k cash down for it. age is not a factor when deciding to purchase a beautiful car.

3: in lighter news, you're right, death mage needs to upgrade his rims to the gtp style

Comment

Originally posted by samurai View Post
                    ANYWAYS, haven't have read all of the posts, Looks like you guys are in need for the SAMURAI to weigh in on this debacle.

1: imperial, your tires are ugly , deal LOL

2: see, if this were a mitsubishi evo forum, you'd have a very very valid point about him being too old for the car lol because this things scream "im immature". however poeple of all ages buy different cars for different reasons. so stop hating. the GTP and gxp models were anything but cheap brand new....and both are respectively holding a high resale value to this day. the cheapest gxp in my area is 17k with 80k miles on it! it debuted at around 30k. my car had one owner who had passed away when i bought it. her son showed me the original invoice. it was purchased by his mother, elderly lady who paid $28k cash down for it. age is not a factor when deciding to purchase a beautiful car.

3: in lighter news, you're right, death mage needs to upgrade his rims to the gtp style
                    I concur, there is no doubt the stock ones are ugly, I haven't denied this fact.

I'm just following a process; Exhaust, lowering, tint, then rims. Rims will be my last upgrade.

Comment

Rims can also be expensive I'm looking at a set of wheels for just over a grand, and that's still considered cheap for wheels.

Comment

Let see some more lowered rides in here, there is one person who bought pedders, I wanna see them installed!
                        2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                        2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
                          Question, if this is true ....."And what I said is true; I really can't stand those rims and the G6 is one of the cheaper cars on the market." ....why do you drive one?
                          Because it's the best cheap car I could find. Incredibly cheap for what it is. Paid 15K for an 08 GT w/ 20,000 miles. I would kill for an A6 or my X-Type back, but when you're a broke college student, beggars can't be choosers. I really want to get an STS V8 now or an A8/A6.

Comment

Because it's the best cheap car I could find. Incredibly cheap for what it is. Paid 15K for an 08 GT w/ 20,000 miles. I would kill for an A6 or my X-Type back, but when you're a broke college student, beggars can't be choosers. I really want to get an STS V8 now or an A8/A6.
                            mmmm A6 ....... mmm 3.0 Quardo Turbo ..... mmmm...

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                            Rims can also be expensive I'm looking at a set of wheels for just over a grand, and that's still considered cheap for wheels.
                            I know right, freaking rims are nearly as expensive as the tires I just installed. Rims are dead last in my book, you go faster enough rims look like shinny pizza pans, they wouldn't be looking at that when your up there ass in the fast lane?
                            Last edited by Deathmage; 10-10-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I didn't know pedders made a spring set for the G6, I wonder how they look...

Comment

Eibach Pro-Kit, 1.5" front, 1.7" (ended up being about 1.9") rear, bought off Samurai, freaking love them, didnt put the isolators and dont regret it. The roads in Norfolk are pretty horrid to begin with but the Eibachs still take some of the beating, will be adding wheel spacers here in the next few days, my buddy and I are writing the CAD file tomorrow all custom width.

IMG_20130113_225910.jpgIMG_20130114_161113.jpgIMG_20130114_161126.jpgIMG_20130114_161141_1.jpg
                                ST199
                                Member SCCA DC Region

Installed (performance): CRAB intake, custom ram air, Flowmaster Super 40 Camaro Exhaust, Eibach Pro-Kit NGK Iridium IX, Magnecore KV85 Comp wires, BMD Front End Adjustable Links, rear seat delete (race-day), 245/45/17ZR Kuhmo AST, 17x7.5 Sport Tuning T10 wheels, Racingline Front Strut Bar, R1 Concepts premium Drilled and Slotted Front Rotors and OEQ Blank rears, Hawk Ceramic Pads
                                Cosmetic: SS color engine cover, caliper, rear control arm: DDM tuning 8000k HID hi/low/ 12000kfogs, tinted tails, black overlay emblems, 35% tint
                                Audio: Direct iPod integration; 10" 1000W Kenwwod, 10" 1000W Punch HE2

In the Works: WAMS tune, Megan Racing coilovers, wheel spacers

ST199 G6 GT Progression-http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12402

Comment

Working...
                                X