Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6 View Post
    I'm no expert, but doesn't your engine need some back pressure? Can't running it with no muffler or resonator cause damage?
    Funny how most people don't understand back pressure lol, as long as the car has headers there is plenty of back pressure if not too much. The catalytic converter that is apart of our headers has more than enough and the exhaust after that could be whatever- it really doesn't matter. The smaller diameter you go after that point is just restricting the exhaust,which will lower your torque curve.
    Black 2007 G6 GTP six speed 66,000 miles. Mods: Carbon fiber GT spoiler with seven inch brackets; 25mm wheel spacers; Chrome ebay intake with black couplers: Red led interior lights; Painted front grille with chrome strips; Muffler delete; Painted headlights with eyebrows; 4 55 watt 6000k hid lights from the retrofitsource; projectors with super bright red cob led halo rings; Altezza tail lights; Front Splitter; front canards; rear diffuser; eibach lowering springs; racingline strut tower bar. Future mods: Front Cobalt as brembo brakes; 19x10 inch wheels; fender flares; 10% window tint; make my own carbon fiber hood to look like the vis racing hoods; Reshape the rear trunklid to look smoother and add a sportier looking rear lip; Painted mirrors; Protean in wheel electric motors in the rear wheels.

G6 is now for sale! $7000

progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25701

If its possible I can do it, if it isn't I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by OneBadAzzG6 View Post
      Funny how most people don't understand back pressure lol, as long as the car has headers there is plenty of back pressure if not too much. The catalytic converter that is apart of our headers has more than enough and the exhaust after that could be whatever- it really doesn't matter. The smaller diameter you go after that point is just restricting the exhaust,which will lower your torque curve.
      This statement makes me not worry about putting 2, 2.5 borla ataks on a dual exhaust setup now. No more single exhaust for two headers now.

Comment

Hello everyone! I've got a 2008 Maroon GXP Street Edition. I just purchased a Vibrant Resonator to throw on my car and was wondering what kind of exhaust you all would recommend to go along with that. Just looking for advice and opinions. Thank you!

Comment

I can only say that I suggest borla ataks or the s-type. Mainly cause I want the atak or the would settle for the s-type. I am going to be putting the Borla ATAK exhaust on my car though. Good low rumble is magnaflow for sure. I like the flowmaster 10 series for the decibels.

Comment

I have the flowmaster 10 series single out with no res, sounds like money. only drones when letting off the gas at highway speeds.

Comment

ok so let me start with my exhaust is completely rusted I am going to replace it but as of know I don't have the money and it still working somewhat perfectly fine the not perfectly fine is the small leak in the muffler so I have a 08 g6 gt coupe 3.5l v6 with about 111 thousand miles on I want that more of a rumble growl sound and ive been reading a lot about it the past few days I see some people remove the resonator but Id rather not I was thinking since my muffler already has a small leak in it would it hurt the car or make more sound if I remove the muffler and replace with pipes to the tail pipe and or cut off tfrom the muffler back and just add on new pipes from the old where muffler was cut off put stainless steel pipes to a new tip? can someone help me out or have any imput I don't have pictures as of now due to me being lazy and not feeling like walking out to the car in this heat lol but if needed I can go oiut ant take some pictures

Comment

I had just a 10 flowmaster with the rest being stock, and it wasnt loud enough for me. i pipped the res and its spot on, it just depends on what you want and how much time/money you are willing to spend on messing with it.

Comment

I have the k&n 69 typhoon cold air intake on already which adds a lil more loudness but that was a few years ago don't remember what the stock sounded like lol I just want it to be like noticeable when driving I don't got the extra like 800 or whatever it is to do the whole system right now I like the idea of adding a new muffler with a bigger tip any imputs should I go with flowmaster or borla ?? is their significange loudness between them or whats the loudest I should say

Comment

seems like flowmaster is the cheapest compared to magnflow and borla but do they really produce better sounds

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
                      I had just a 10 flowmaster with the rest being stock, and it wasnt loud enough for me. i pipped the res and its spot on, it just depends on what you want and how much time/money you are willing to spend on messing with it.
                      I think im going with your set up flowmaster 10 where did you get yours? I looked on flowmasters site and they don't even have an option for the g6 only the g5 gran prix and vibe did you get yours custom or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Comment

i got mine from a friend that distributes all the muffler brands, he is out of earth city MO. unfortunately i cant have him drop ship orders. i was just in the area and went and picked it up. i think it was like $35 for Flowmaster 10 series muffler.

Comment

i got mine from a friend that distributes all the muffler brands, he is out of earth city MO. unfortunately i cant have him drop ship orders. i was just in the area and went and picked it up. i think it was like $35 for Flowmaster 10 series muffler.
                          I live in mo. Does he have any borla ataks?

Comment

What is the name of his shop?

Comment

The companies name is Gator products.

Comment

Id have to check and see if he has Borla at all, never asked lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X