X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 3.5 ltr.

Originally posted by stupendusd
    I think its $299 either way with you sending in your ECU. However, from what I know, he wrote all the shit for Vector's and his tune (WAMS) is better b/c he tweaked it a little for better results. Not sure how or anything, he's the master not me, but that's what I understand from reading posts and talking to him.

I'd go with his tune myself. According to him, the longest part of it all is getting it sent to him and back. He told me that I could next day air it, he'll get it, do it that day and send it back that day or the next. So, in all it should only take 3 to 5 days. Only hang up on my end is having the cash to throw down, plus I wanna get a CAI and CAB from Lampoon before I do it so I don't have to resend it and have him update it. Once again, waiting on cash.

So, that said, anyone interested in donating to dave's upgrade fund, feel free to send as much as you want.
    OK, cool! I was just worried about not being able to drive my 6 for 4 months!!

Comment

I don't know about all that. Me though, once I get the cash I'm gonna be pimpin the bicycle for a few days

Its worth it
      Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by stupendusd
        I don't know about all that. Me though, once I get the cash I'm gonna be pimpin the bicycle for a few days

Its worth it

HAHA At least I have my Ranger to drive around...

Comment

And yeah, but how about those VIKINGS huh?

K, I'm done
          Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

HAHA YEAH!!!!

Comment

BRETT FARVE AND HIS ROCKET ARM! WOOOOOOOOOOSH!
              106,000 MILES!
              There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
              Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

the reason it took so long is because i ordered a new pcm. i didnt ship mine in due to my warranty still remaining. that way if something breaks, i can put the original pcm back in and take it to the dealer. then after, put the tuned one back in.
                if you ship yours in, you will only be down a day, 2 max
                2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Oh! Ok, that's cool! Yeah, no more warranty for me! Yay! (kinda...)

Comment

im pretty sure you wont have to send it back to be retuned for a cai. i could be wrong tho. i got my tune used from another member on here and all i gota do is send it to chris to change the vin.

Comment

everytime. i love the LX9.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

ok... dont me yet...

so my understanding of the 3.5 (LZ4) and the 3.9 (LZ9) is that they are essentially the same motor. yes there is a displacement difference due to the fact that the 3.5VVT is a destroked version of the 3.9

My question is can we (the lz4 motors) replace our intake manafolds with the 3.9 manafolds?

the 3.5 (lz4) is just like the GrandAmGT (3.4)

What are the improvments between the 3.5 upper and lower intake and teh "Ram Horn" looking 3.9 intake?

now you may but be gentle... haha

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                            ok... dont me yet...

so my understanding of the 3.5 (LZ4) and the 3.9 (LZ9) is that they are essentially the same motor. yes there is a displacement difference due to the fact that the 3.5VVT is a destroked version of the 3.9

My question is can we (the lz4 motors) replace our intake manafolds with the 3.9 manafolds?

the 3.5 (lz4) is just like the GrandAmGT (3.4)

What are the improvments between the 3.5 upper and lower intake and teh "Ram Horn" looking 3.9 intake?

now you may but be gentle... haha
                            Ok that kind of confused me yes I've heard that the LZ4 is a destroked version of the 3.9 but I didnt think that it compared to the 3.4's in grand ams I thought it was the Lx9?

Comment

Originally posted by gt08
                              Ok that kind of confused me yes I've heard that the LZ4 is a destroked version of the 3.9 but I didnt think that it compared to the 3.4's in grand ams I thought it was the Lx9?

I was referring to the intake manafolds. the heads are similar to the LZ9 heads and the intake is the same as the LX9 / 3.4 (the GrandAmGuys swap the LX9 heads on to their 3.4) they also swap to our (LX9 LZ4) intakes.

So can LZ4 Swap to the LZ9 intake?

Comment

O ok I get it now .... not sure if anyone has tried that yet, you go ahead an swap them then let me know how it works

Comment

Working...
                                X