Aftermarket Deck + Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Deck + Speakers

Hey guys, just curious as to who has installed or paid someone to install a new deck and speakers. I've been in contact with a couple places and they keep saying I need some sort of module that costs around 200 bucks on top of the deck and speakers price. What's your guys' set up look like as far as brand and model goes and how much of a hassle was it to find the right deck and speakers. At this time I'm more worried about a new deck, but am confused on what's required in order to get it done.

Re: Aftermarket Deck + Speakers

Do you know which module they are trying to have you buy? That would really help us in letting you know if you need it or not

Comment

If you get an aftermarket HU, do the normal display modes work on it? So you can reset oil etc, or is all that lost? Or does it depend on the HU? I am audio illiterate.
      Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
      Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

Most of the G6s produced have their "DIC" embedded into the factory radio. That changed in the 2009.5 & 2010 models where that system was now included in the dash cluster.

In order to have access to your settings, oil life, trip, etc... you will need a special mounting kit for your aftermarket radio that will allow you to interface with those same features.

A regular bracket costs 15$. A bracket with DIC interface costs 175$ on average.
        COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
        Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
        MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Hmm. That kinda sucks.
          Yeah I don't mind the monsoon system, but it is a little weak. Does not having those options affect anything, like resetting oil life etc?
          There is only 1 shop near me that would do a sound system in my car, I don't need anything crazy just a couple notches more than stock. Not a huge bass fan, rather have nice highs and mids. Would it be strange not to have sub put in? Thanks again!
          Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
          Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanology View Post
            Hmm. That kinda sucks.
            Yeah I don't mind the monsoon system, but it is a little weak. Does not having those options affect anything, like resetting oil life etc?
            There is only 1 shop near me that would do a sound system in my car, I don't need anything crazy just a couple notches more than stock. Not a huge bass fan, rather have nice highs and mids. Would it be strange not to have sub put in? Thanks again!
            Nope, no oil life reset. Just make sure you make you make your oil change regularly. Everything that can be accessed through the radio's screen you won't have access to if you swap it out.

And no, it won't be strange if you don't have a sub ;-)
            COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
            MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
            X