X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malibu SS???? IDK

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
    Originally posted by zlatsky
    well from what i hear even if you buy a caprice it won't be a chevy. it'll be a rebadged holden.
    In North America?!?!?
    that's what the g8 is.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

well from what i hear even if you buy a caprice it won't be a chevy. it'll be a rebadged holden.
      In North America?!?!?
      that's what the g8 is.
      I realize that....

i heard that they were re-badgind it as a chev since Pontiacx doesnt exsist any more.... and calling it a Caprice.

They wouldnt badge it as a Holden in North America...
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

^ I thought I remembered hearing something about that
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I realize that....

i heard that they were re-badgind it as a chev since Pontiacx doesnt exsist any more.... and calling it a Caprice.
          and that would mean it's still a holden. which IMO isn't a bad thing. at all.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

^not at all, Holden is BA!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to see how it turns out once its actually brought to the US. Although I still don't know, the name is pretty unappealing to me!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I realize that....

and that would mean it's still a holden. which IMO isn't a bad thing. at all.
              youre missing the point
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
                Yea. There's a few Malibu SS's on the site.

They had the 3.9L. 2006 only.
                The Bu SS was 06/07, wish i had've picked up an 07 cuz i'd still have warranty
                MODS:20% tint, Lumens 6000K HIDs low and fogs, Lumens white LED plate light and reverse lights, Spyder LED/CCFL Halo/Projector headlights, white/white "Switchback" LED rear tail/brake/signals, shorty antenna, debadged hatch and front doors, blacked out grill

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
                  ^not at all, Holden is BA!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to see how it turns out once its actually brought to the US. Although I still don't know, the name is pretty unappealing to me!
                  This ^ The Caprice name isn't exactly synonymous with performance. It'll definitely be a boost to the reputation. I think it'll do the opposite of what happened to the L-Body Charger lol. I mean sure they had the right format but aren't your usual name plate to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalhead852 View Post
                    This ^ The Caprice name isn't exactly synonymous with performance. It'll definitely be a boost to the reputation. I think it'll do the opposite of what happened to the L-Body Charger lol. I mean sure they had the right format but aren't your usual name plate to build on.
                    All the rumors online about another Holden based Chevy coming to our shores, are not worth paying attention to. GM has been saying for at a year and a half now (since they knew Pontiac was done) that the only Holden car will be the Caprice PPV because they're apt to make more money selling that car to police/federal/security agencies than they would to sell another G8. Yes it has midly successful while it was in production, but similar to the GTO, it's taken far too long to sell the remaining 2009's (at STEEP discounts) to even consider bringing them over. The only way I think we will see a Holden developed vehicle on our shores again, is if it is built alongside the Camaro here in Oshawa....
                    MODS:20% tint, Lumens 6000K HIDs low and fogs, Lumens white LED plate light and reverse lights, Spyder LED/CCFL Halo/Projector headlights, white/white "Switchback" LED rear tail/brake/signals, shorty antenna, debadged hatch and front doors, blacked out grill

Comment

Originally posted by MalibuNut View Post
                      The only way I think we will see a Holden developed vehicle on our shores again, is if it is built alongside the Camaro here in Oshawa....
                      Ahh yes. Yet another American classic built by our northern brothers. It would make sense. I personally would prefer the Holden name plate come across instead. I'm tired of GM putting classic American badges on foreign cars that have already been around for awhile anyways. I mean I understand why but it's just funny to me.

Comment

Ahh yes. Yet another American classic built by our northern brothers. It would make sense. I personally would prefer the Holden name plate come across instead. I'm tired of GM putting classic American badges on foreign cars that have already been around for awhile anyways. I mean I understand why but it's just funny to me.
                        This. I mean, people should buy a car because they like it, not because of the name. Like the GTO. that was a godawful disgrace to the name, but its still a great car.

Comment

You have a problem with Canada building cars? Our economies are so intertwined that it really doesn't make a difference if GM builds a car in the US or Canada.

A few of the cars that Canada builds (all of which are in the Toronto area):

Chevrolet Impala
                          Chevrolet Camaro
                          Buick LaCrosse
                          Chrysler 300
                          Dodge Charger
                          Dodge Challenger
                          Ford Edge
                          Ford Flex
                          Lincoln MKX
                          Lincoln MKZ

Chrysler's Minivans are made in Windsor.

Ford's Crown Victoria has long been made in St. Thomas.

In the past, we also made the 4th gen F-body cars here, as well as the Grand Prix, the Ford F150 and some of GM's pickup trucks.

GM's Oshawa plant receives awards for efficiency and quality on a regular basis, which is why it manages to win contracts to build cars despite the wage differences between Canadian and American auto workers (Canadian workers are more expensive with the current exchange rate). Ford's Oakville plant can't build it's vehicles fast enough to keep up with demand (My sister has an MKX on order. 8-12 weeks for delivery. There was none on the dealers lots). Your very own Civic was built in Alliston, Ontario, Canada.

GM has no business bringing Holden to North America. That would just be adding yet another nameplate to the most competitive market in the world. I'd like to see them bring the Commodore here again and call it a Chevrolet Commodore or even better, an IMPALA to replace the aging W-body being built in Oshawa.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by trevor4257 View Post
                            This. I mean, people should buy a car because they like it, not because of the name. Like the GTO. that was a godawful disgrace to the name, but its still a great car.
                            I think the GTO name was perfect for the GTO. To each his own.

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000 View Post
                              You have a problem with Canada building cars? Our economies are so intertwined that it really doesn't make a difference if GM builds a car in the US or Canada.
                              I know where my car was built. In no way was that meant to show I have a problem with it. I said "an American classic built by our northern brothers". That's not meant to be malicious by any means. The only thing I don't like about Canada is Mayo on French Fries. Other than that I'm a hockey loving Canadian built car driving nephew of my Uncle Sam. Been to Canada plenty of times and no once have I had a bad time. I know I "stir the pot" as you and many other think. But I have no quarrel with Canada's cars....

Just their condiment of choice. =D

Comment

Mayo on French Fries
                                but Mayo on french fries?

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Working...
                                X