X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random GTO Banter Thread

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    Originally posted by zlatsky
    you understand that. woody just thinks ls2 gto's > ls1 gto's.
    My whole deal is if you do something, you do it right and do what's best.

Like everything I do, I go big or I go home. If its a matter of $, I'll save a little more and opt for the better thing than go cheap and kicking myself in the ass for not spending the extra whatever $1,000-$2,000 in this case to have something a little better.
    wait then why don't you have an 06?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
      im still digging 04 price mileage. as i said its not that big of a concern. easy to make 400 hp with it and thats about all ill need.
      You say that now. 400hp will not be enough once you get used to it.

And Mike, cause it took 6mo for a nice '05 to pop up and it was summer and I wanted it then I got LS2, and it was one owner, GM Certified so if its certified, year/milage i dont care.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

...well then you settled too.

Comment

I was out for a '05 or '06. Just not '04's. If it wasnt a '06 I wanted GM Certified.

I settled for CGM. I wanted Impulse Blue with blue interior, or Midnight blue. However, im happy with CGM.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Dude... I saw a 04 5.7 red today... It was completely bad ass..I love how they look without that hood on it. Sooo much sleeker then that nose hood.

Or get that black caliber srt... mm mmm mmm
            2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
            2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
            Tsukuba Red

Comment

Originally posted by Kleindl
              gto > really fast short bus. i was at a dyno day and there was one that dyno'd like 500 to the wheels on race gas.

Comment

im still digging 04 price mileage. as i said its not that big of a concern. easy to make 400 hp with it and thats about all ill need.
                as mentioned 400whp will not be sufficient once you get used to it. I drive mine with my good friend in the car all the time who is a huge mustang fan. I'll gun it, look over at him and say man this thing is getting slow or something.......he just laughs and says, nope this thing is still pretty dang fast!

Point being, the potential for the LS1 or LS2 regardless of which route you go is HUGE. Anything from simple (or complex) bolt ons to twin turbos, supercharger (TVS, Procharger), to full engine swaps, punching out stock blocks, building iron blocks, 427's.....the list is endless. You will have a modern day muscle car which really are far and few now a days-the mod bug will never leave you alone!!

My very very long term goal once the goat is a pure weekend car is a full repaint of CGM, making the car look off the showroom floor with a full engine swap 427, heads, cam, TVS (I'm thinking).....make your own HP conclusions there
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Dude... I saw a 04 5.7 red today... It was completely bad ass..I love how they look without that hood on it. Sooo much sleeker then that nose hood.

CSRT4 is too slow. 14.0 1/4 stock. but yeah HOPEFULLY this dealership calls me with good news on my trade in value today so i can get it this week.
                  Originally posted by LoJac963
                  as mentioned 400whp will not be sufficient once you get used to it. I drive mine with my good friend in the car all the time who is a huge mustang fan. I'll gun it, look over at him and say man this thing is getting slow or something.......he just laughs and says, nope this thing is still pretty dang fast!

Point being, the potential for the LS1 or LS2 regardless of which route you go is HUGE. Anything from simple (or complex) bolt ons to twin turbos, supercharger (TVS, Procharger), to full engine swaps, punching out stock blocks, building iron blocks, 427's.....the list is endless. You will have a modern day muscle car which really are far and few now a days-the mod bug will never leave you alone!!

My very very long term goal once the goat is a pure weekend car is a full repaint of CGM, making the car look off the showroom floor with a full engine swap 427, heads, cam, TVS (I'm thinking).....make your own HP conclusions there
                  As i said im moving out of my parents house. its not so much that the bug will be gone but that i cant afford the bug haha. i will prolly be doing exhaust and intake within a week or two of the car. then itll be about finding a shop that can tune the car but that may come later. plus tinted tails, tint and the gauge pod above the radio
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

427 with a tvs? you won't know what traction is

Comment

yup
                      ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

there's a resleeved ls2 427 on ls1 with a 2300. such a sick build.

Comment

lol well by then it will be a weekend car to take to the strip occassionally and the saturday night car shows. Oh and the occassional drive my neice to school and watch all the kids oogle over the car LOL.

CSRT4 is too slow. 14.0 1/4 stock. but yeah HOPEFULLY this dealership calls me with good news on my trade in value today so i can get it this week.

As i said im moving out of my parents house. its not so much that the bug will be gone but that i cant afford the bug haha. i will prolly be doing exhaust and intake within a week or two of the car. then itll be about finding a shop that can tune the car but that may come later. plus tinted tails, tint and the gauge pod above the radio
                          OK I see what you're getting at now. RIGHT NOW you won't be able to afford the larger mods and 400hp for the time being is sufficient. That I'll agree with you on. However once you do start getting extra cash-believe me the goat will take it all from you regardless if you like it or not lol
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

haha this is true.

btw im picking my goat up on thursday......
                            sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

haha this is true.

btw im picking my goat up on thursday......
                              Link me.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                              Show
                              -20% tint
                              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... f=national
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X