This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

I pick fights when I think about it. Never had a go at car that looked like competition though. If I happened to come up to an Evo or STI I'd have a go with them if the kids driving them don't look like dick cheeses. I enjoy seeing what my car can, and can't do. I don't recall losing expect to this kid in his daddy's BMW.
    Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

I often taunt my friends about their Accords and how I can whip their asses so tonight we challenged each other to a drag race in a quiet industrial area. I just had my car tuned-up with the filters changed and an oil change so I figure my car is in tip-top shape. All of the cars are stock V6s with no performance mods. To make a long story short, I lost to them both by like 4-5 car-lengths. WTF? Afterwards, we did a few 0-60 runs which confirmed that the G6 is indeed the slowest. I am so disappointed and so pissed. How can this be? I am suspecting it is the gear ratios. They are geared heavily for economy rather than performance because there is no way a 3.5 V6 with VVT can be this slow. Anyway here are the results:

2007 G6, 15000 miles, 0-60 in 8.5 seconds
      2003 Accord, 60000 miles, 0-60 in 7.8 seconds
      2000 Accord, 75000 miles, 0-60 in 8.1 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom

me and my friend with a Z28 just did the same thing, with our elevation our times were slow, but i averaged out about an 8 second 0-60, and he did right about 8 too. Then later he tells me in front of this girl i was hanging out with, how his times were alot better than mine (trying to show-off it seemed...)
        18" Zyoxx ZX8 rims 245/40/18, Bridgestone Potenza's, Alpine Type R subs, Vector ECU Tune, DS stage 3, Magnaflow exhaust 6000k HID's, G6P member: 249

Comment

I often taunt my friends about their Accords and how I can whip their asses so tonight we challenged each other to a drag race in a quiet industrial area. I just had my car tuned-up with the filters changed and an oil change so I figure my car is in tip-top shape. All of the cars are stock V6s with no performance mods. To make a long story short, I lost to them both by like 4-5 car-lengths. WTF? Afterwards, we did a few 0-60 runs which confirmed that the G6 is indeed the slowest. I am so disappointed and so pissed. How can this be? I am suspecting it is the gear ratios. They are geared heavily for economy rather than performance because there is no way a 3.5 V6 with VVT can be this slow. Anyway here are the results:

Would a tune fix this for you? An ECM/TCM combo?
          Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

vtec for the win... you cant beat DOHC + VVT with less than a liter more... your pushrod v6 cant match they're lighter/more powerful cars

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

i have lost to
              SL 550, damn those things r fast
              Dodge Ram SRT-10
              G35 Sedan, i had a passenger, he didnt, so i think that played a difference
              Turboed TC
              EVO-VIII
              thats all i can think of right now

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by Swampassjr

me and my friend with a Z28 just did the same thing, with our elevation our times were slow, but i averaged out about an 8 second 0-60, and he did right about 8 too. Then later he tells me in front of this girl i was hanging out with, how his times were alot better than mine (trying to show-off it seemed...)
                A: GTP would them
                B: swampass you should punch your "friend" in the face.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                Show
                -20% tint
                -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                -Professionally heated seats

Comment

This past week on my way to work (around 6 in the morning) on the freeway, I came across a 08' mustang gt, a g8 gt, and a camaro z28, each on different days. I could tell they wanted to race so I decide to try anyway, even though I knew I was gonna get my ass whipped by each of those cars. I basically tried just to do it (plus it got me pumped up before a long day at work). The mustang and the g8 left me in the dust! Each run was from about 65mph. Not a bad way to start off a morning, especially with three races three days in a row with some nice cars even though I lost

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

hey, jus saw this thread..
                    well, most days from school, im waiting on the traffic light to turn green, and opposite the 4 way, on some days is a 300 srt8, but i never realise he is there unitl it utrns green, adn both of us turn onto the road, line up next to one another (i turned left, he turned right at the lights) and as soon as i hit it, and he sees the front of my car nod up, he's gone, and all i hear is the v8 rumble down obt... sucks, and for some reason , everytime i see him, i do it all over again

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                    PSN: racin247
                    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Right by my house there it goes from 2 lanes to 1 and there is always one person that tries to beat me to the merge. i lines up with an BMW of some sort and it wa sover before i knew what happened
                      87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
                      90 Eagle Talon TSI
                      09 G6 Progression(New Car)
                      My Progression

Comment

haha i have that same kindathing where right by my street it merges from 2 lanes down into 1, its going down a hill too lol but no one around has ever tried to race me too it..i think theres too many old ppl that live around my neighborhood to race lol

Comment

Ok so it was my first time racing.. and it was PACKED at this race track at midnight. You can usually pick who you want to race with, but its kinda hard when all these cars are lined up to race. So I got stuck racing a nice souped up mustang... I knew right then I was going to lose having no modifications to my car.

Anyway, so I pull up to the light.. And of course you have to be lined up so noone cheats. Well at first I was at the right point, then for some reason I had to back up because I was too much forward. Well by the time I looked up, the light went green, so I had to hurry and push it. I pushed that pedal so hard that if I had been pressing it long enough i would be flinstoning my ass off that track. Well since I can go from auto to manual shift, I used my manual shift. And my car picks up quick but I could not pass him. My nose was right on his ass the whole time haha! I was pissed. I dont remember the time, but it was around 15.5 - 16 I believe. Well either way..

..I WILL get my revenge this year with my extra mods.
                          QuickG6Guy

Mods: 5% Tint - K&N CAI - GT-R Exhaust with 3" Tips - 18" Drag DR Wheels - HID Headlights - HID Fog Lights - White LED Map and Dome Lights - White LED Reverse Lights - White Gauge Face - Blue LED Trunk Light

Future Mods: Halo Projector Headlights - AIT Front Bumer - Vector 91 ECM/TCM tune - Underbody Glow - 10" Sub and Amp
                          Possible Mods: Lowering Kit - Full Crab Intake

Comment

Nothing worse then pulling up, have to back up and then when not ready the light turns green! Def a bad take off, yo shold have been around 14.8-15 on a good take off.

15.6 on a bad take off still really isnt bad at all really
                            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                            Gotta have it Green color
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack
                            GT500 track pack differential cover
                            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                              Nothing worse then pulling up, have to back up and then when not ready the light turns green! Def a bad take off, yo shold have been around 14.8-15 on a good take off.

15.6 on a bad take off still really isnt bad at all really
                              Yeah I mostly just wanted to see what my time was, but I was caught off guard, so i didnt really get a good start. But it wasnt too bad of a time.
                              QuickG6Guy

Mods: 5% Tint - K&N CAI - GT-R Exhaust with 3" Tips - 18" Drag DR Wheels - HID Headlights - HID Fog Lights - White LED Map and Dome Lights - White LED Reverse Lights - White Gauge Face - Blue LED Trunk Light

Future Mods: Halo Projector Headlights - AIT Front Bumer - Vector 91 ECM/TCM tune - Underbody Glow - 10" Sub and Amp
                              Possible Mods: Lowering Kit - Full Crab Intake

Comment

Originally posted by jakeman17
                                Right by my house there it goes from 2 lanes to 1 and there is always one person that tries to beat me to the merge. i lines up with an BMW of some sort and it wa sover before i knew what happened
                                This is the story of my life on the commute to work.

Swear to god, if a car wants to play with me on the highway, its ALWAYS a bimmer.

06 Gray GTP Sedan
                                Planned: 30 Tints, Tail Tints, Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                                X