X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

never lost
    ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
      heh.... not a g6.... but this sure was embarrassing.

Friend in his Cobalt SS/SC with a few mods ;-) smoked a new gen Corvette the other day.

He gave the guy thumbs-down when he caught up.

Imagine... driving a corvette with your lady in the passenger seat and being smoked by a 4 banger.
      And he's still driving a true sports/GT car with a long running heritage and the other guy is driving a quick econobox. No comparison.
      2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
      (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
      (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by earlbaer
        It's an LS1 with the A4. My best 60 was 2.184 out of 4 runs. I just couldn't get any grip at all. It wasn't crazy spinning, but it slowed it down a good bit. It seemed to leave well but when the rpm's got to about 3500 the tires just wanted to spin. I didn't even try doing it with the TC on. That cuts out a lot of power in this car.
        Spinning or not, it still would have been ugly. Even an A4 LS1 can run low 13s stock. I ran a 13.38 @ 105 my first pass ever at a track with my 01 Z28 and the only mod was a Magnaflow muffler. Now you could probably hang with or beat a stock A4 Mustang GT with a good launch.
        2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
        (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
        (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by earlbaer
          Yea I was still up around 30 psi. I also think I was not spinning them far enough out side of the water box. Maybe the tires were still wet. I don't know I have a lot going through my head about it right now.
          99 SS A4 (2.0-2.1)
          never go into the water
          lauch just off idle
          tires psi @ 24
          Until you add the spray then it's 11.2 @ 123 with MT streets. Nothing like getting sticky tires so you won't spin @ 60-65 mph no more.
          07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
          FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
          "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

Originally posted by coolmanvette75
            never lost
            wait how the fuck can you lose if you can't even drive yet.lol

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
              Originally posted by coolmanvette75
              never lost
              wait how the fudge can you lose if you can't even drive yet.lol
              damn u caught me i was speaking for the car and my dad driving it.
              ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

lost to a minivan this morning...

k i wasnt racing but i was accelerating as fast as i could without making the clutch slip =\

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                  lost to a minivan this morning...

k i wasnt racing but i was accelerating as fast as i could without making the clutch slip =\
                  Good job at making GTP owners look like dumbasses. LOL JK.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

it was all the work making us look good that blew the clutch =P

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
                      it was all the work making us look good that blew the clutch =P
                      You blew the clutch already!
                      Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

since i bought it i've been to the drag strip or auto cross on average once every 2 weeks... that and i spent a lot of time practicing my quick shifts... i drove it way too hard on the clutch =\
                        4 months though, not as bad as my first car...only took me about 7 weeks to trash that one haha

on the plus side i'm up to 23 mpg city because i have to drive it so nice to make the clutch last me till i can replace it with this

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/prod ... cts_id=564

Comment

Pulled up to the last stop light heading out of my town. There was a '06 F-350 Dually with Banks plastered all over the back window...and I should have known better considering I have a '99 F-250 V10 and I know how much torque my truck has.

Well anyway...dude is staring down at me...and I look up at him thru the sunroof (LMAO) and he glances at the redlight...I turn TC off, give him a nod, and it's set. The light turns green...we both punch it hard. Of course he beats me off the line cuz he's definitely got that torque advantage...my front bumper is to his rear wheels when I tapshift to second and start to pull on him. I get my back wheels up to his front bumper...and I can hear the turbo spool up...and all I think is OH SH*T SON!!! (I'm a sucker for trucks...what can I say). Next thing I know...I see his tailgate and he still goin. He hits about 80 (guessing) and lifts.

We got caught up at the next light at the next little town about 6 miles out of my town. He looks again and asks...wanna do it again...I just laugh, shake my head, and tell him that was freaking awesome! Then he said "Not bad!"...now I dunno if that was for me doing as well as I did or if it was for him kickin my a$$...but it still was pretty cool. I can't wait to get my CAI and GT-R!!!!
                          BALLZ ~ 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Black
                          Present Mods: 35% Tint ~ GT-R Exhaust ~ Injen CAI ~ WAMS 93 Tune
                          Future Mods: GXP Kit ~ Red StreetGlow ~ Random Red Accents

Comment

People! Please stop losing! we're at 4 pages now.

Comment

lmao just choose your battles wisely people!! dont race WRX STI's or Lancer Evo's, you know better!!!
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Well I'll own up to my loss...I already kinda knew I shouldn't have messed with a truck that had Banks mods...but it was still fun!
                                BALLZ ~ 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Black
                                Present Mods: 35% Tint ~ GT-R Exhaust ~ Injen CAI ~ WAMS 93 Tune
                                Future Mods: GXP Kit ~ Red StreetGlow ~ Random Red Accents

Comment

Working...
                                X