Design Ideas for Shirts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Design Ideas for Shirts.

Looks good. nice clean lines. should make easy for transfer.
    Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Here's an update!
      I just ordered some sample vinyl and transfer sheets. Should be in within the week. I'll then try and make one crazy ass shirt and see how it all works out. I'm also going to try and talk my buddy into cutting the G6 on the vinyl plotter, I've seen it done, I'm sure if he sets it to a slow speed it'll work. If it does then I'll get vinyl that's designed the stretch and flex - for nylon clothing. That should make it less likely to wear off.

Comment

Sounds great. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Yea me too, I'm pretty anxious to try all this out. I figure the first couple of shirts will just be white with black vinyl and such. As I get a feel for how it all works I'll start using different colors and hoodies and such

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
            Yea me too, I'm pretty anxious to try all this out. I figure the first couple of shirts will just be white with black vinyl and such. As I get a feel for how it all works I'll start using different colors and hoodies and such
            Since the first few will be white and black vinyl if you throw a black vinyl on a red shirt ill buy either way it turns out.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Alright, worth a shot

Comment

Woot woot cant wait!!!!

Comment

So I ordered the materials yesterday morning, and they arrived today! That's is legit, now to start fine tuning some of these outlines and get things perfect.

Comment

So I ordered the materials yesterday morning, and they arrived today! That's is legit, now to start fine tuning some of these outlines and get things perfect.
                    GREAT!!! Let me know if you need anything or if I can help in anyway. I'm really anxious to see the finished product.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Alright, so this morning I did my first two heat transfers ever! I did it on a blank shirt I had laying around because I just had to see how it works. I also learned a ton about this. A little rough but I think it's getting there.
                      After printing on the paper, I have to heat transfer it onto another paper. I don't think I pressed it long enough before peeling them, but it did alright for the first time.

Then I finally pressed to the shirt. I think I peeled too early on the right side, so the left side I double pressed and peeled for a good result.

Then I thought, oh I'll press it longer for the back, Not a good idea as I burned the shirt a little bit. So I think the best bet is a shorter press, but maybe do it twice or even three times to ensure it adheres well.

So all in all it is definitely getting there! Just some more fine tuning and tweaking and learning and I think we'll get it done.

I plan to have the vinyl cut by my buddy someday soon, might not be until the weekend. But once it's cut I'll press it on and see how it goes. That's how I'll do the G6Performance URL and usernames and such.

I also did a second press with silicone paper to give it better adhesion and durability.

For all their products they recommend washing them inside out without bleach.

Comment

Alright, so this morning I did my first two heat transfers ever! I did it on a blank shirt I had laying around because I just had to see how it works. I also learned a ton about this. A little rough but I think it's getting there.
                        After printing on the paper, I have to heat transfer it onto another paper. I don't think I pressed it long enough before peeling them, but it did alright for the first time.

Then I finally pressed to the shirt. I think I peeled too early on the right side, so the left side I double pressed and peeled for a good result.

Then I thought, oh I'll press it longer for the back, Not a good idea as I burned the shirt a little bit. So I think the best bet is a shorter press, but maybe do it twice or even three times to ensure it adheres well.

So all in all it is definitely getting there! Just some more fine tuning and tweaking and learning and I think we'll get it done.

I plan to have the vinyl cut by my buddy someday soon, might not be until the weekend. But once it's cut I'll press it on and see how it goes. That's how I'll do the G6Performance URL and usernames and such.

I also did a second press with silicone paper to give it better adhesion and durability.

For all their products they recommend washing them inside out without bleach.

I'm liking it. Nice job so far. I think it was a good idea to start on a white shirt. Referring to the whole burning when pressing too long. White tend to be a tell all if something doesn't go write.

Anyways I'm loving it so far. When you planning tossing it in the wash to see how well it holds up? Take pics of it when you do. I would like to see the results.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Loooks good! Im craving a hoodie though lol

Comment

They recommend waiting at least 24 hours before washing. It'll be soon too. I'm worried the outline of the car won't last, but the arrowhead on the front may be alright, That'll be done with vinyl anyways.

I'm just doing the shirts to get the technique down and figure everything out, Hoodies are on the list, no worries!

This was done with a laser printer. I'm worried that may not be the way to go with durability, so I think I may invest in a color inkjet printer, This will also open up more possibilities. But I've been reading people have far more better results with ink vs toner.

BUT it's all a learning process at the moment, it's getting there!

Comment

UPDATE TIME!

Ok so I finally got the vinyl cut, I have yet to wash the shirt to test durability, but I pressed the vinyl pieces to it with good results. I like how the vinyl works and I think that will be the primary method.

I don't think the transfer paper will last, because I used stuff made for a laser printer and toner just doesn't stay.

I did how ever successfully cut one intricate design (more intricate than the outlined G6) for a friend, and will be pressing his shirt Thursday morning, he's going to test the durability of the small intricate lines. I have a feeling it'll last a lot better than the transferred stuff.

I was also thinking of getting INK based transfer paper, and trying it with an ink jet printer, because it'll last on the shirt for much longer.

So as it stands I plan to press some more test shirts, I'm basically just going through all my useless clothes and pressing like crazy.

I'm going to try more and more designs with just the vinyl. Seeing as that will probably be the longest lasting media for this.

Comment

Sounds great. Got pics?

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Working...
                                X