This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Group Buy II on MPD hood - What a success! Ended 3/20/2008

Special thanks to the 'Group Buy Organizer' and Eric of MPD for building such a high quality hood. The agreed price was very reasonable. Of the few mods we have, the MPD hood is the best appearance/functional upgrade.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

More to come. I'm uploading the rest to my gallery as we speak.

So the guy's drill he was gonna use to cut holes for the RAM Air broke.. so I'm going back next Wed. and he's gonna cut them for me. It looks like JUuuuust the very end of the new metal piece just makes it, like 2-3" of it over my CAB. When I go to do that, they're gonna put on that little plastic peice that blocks air and stuff that was on the stock hood to it to prevent any lift or water getting in there.

I was looking for any suggestions how to cut it. Pooners drew up one that had like 2 2" hole in it, and a box. I was thinking of doing that.

2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Keith had a very nice hole cut on his air dump.....look at his picture.
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

NICE!
          Blue Man Group

Comment

i thought eric said to not drive with the hood without a hole cut to allow the air to come out?

i put two small holes to at least let some pressure come out, before i cut my hole

Comment

I wouldnt do it. Its like a parachute with no where for the air to go.
              Be carefull Woody....
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                Be carefull Woody....
                It's only till Wed. next week. I'll be driving on the highway a couple times though....
                The guy won't get his machine back from being fixed till Tuesday but I'll be at school.

****EDIT****

PICTURES

Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  Originally posted by Lampoon
                  Be carefull Woody....
                  It's only till Wed. next week. I'll be driving on the highway a couple times though....
                  The guy won't get his machine back from being fixed till Tuesday but I'll be at school.

****EDIT****

PICTURES

http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...hp?f=7&t=16400
                  Here's the pic of the opening.
                  2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                  Forge Motorsports BPV
                  CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                  HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                  HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

man that is a huge hole woody i would still just drill a small hole to let the air out, before i cut my real hole i just drilled 2 holes in it so the air could at least escape.

oh and go UNC with your 113 points live

Comment

Btw whats the best way to cut the hole. What tools, etc?
                      '07 GT Sedan Granite Metallic: http://www.fquick.com/achg6gt

Comment

i used a roto zip and then smooth it with sandpaper by hand...marked lines with tape

Comment

It's official. The MPD hood definally adds to the car's appearance and everyone loves it

On my way back from work, I had a WRX, and two hot chicks in a V6 Mustang all try to race me. This guy in a Miada flew out of an intersection when he had a red (turning right) to get behind me and pulled up to me at the light and asked me what the hell it was. He thought I was a T/A when he saw the front at first, then he saw I was a Sedan and thought I was a G8, then he pulled out behind me and saw I was a G6 and was so confused

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

I don't understand why you want your car to like a GTO when it can't outrun a Camry.

EDIT: ElecBlueG6GT

** If you make a habit of not having anything constructive to say, post to create controversy and start flame wars, you will be warned ONE time about this, if that does not work you will then be banned. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all.

http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=44 <---Rules here!

Comment

Originally posted by electricblue07
                              I don't understand why you want your car to like a GTO when it can't outrun a Camry.
                              Is that suppose to be a constructive comment?

Comment

Not a good way for a noob to get noticed around here.
                                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                X