No announcement yet.

Paint chipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the link to the pics. I like the moulded ones. Wonder how hard it would be to paint them to match the color of my car? I'm not sure the black would look good against the red?

Jeff
    My 07 G6 Convertible
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

I had posted the first thread about this ive used the clay bar and waxed the hell outta my car but they dont totally come out. I have had the molded splash guards on my car since i bought it. Other than getting that chipguard stuff put on when you buy it i think it may be unavoidable.

Comment

yeah 60mph rocks are tougher than your paint, it happens to all cars and there is little you can do about it unless you buy the self repairing clear coat...but that assumes the rock doesn't chip past the clear.

Comment

Well with GM paint you know that if it will chip, it'll be to the metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            Well with GM paint you know that if it will chip, it'll be to the metal.
            It would have been nice if they hadn't used white primer on Electric Blue metalic.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

As I previously mentioned I was getting the same damage as JNAK.

They GM Body shop manager told me that the wear on this panel is a design flaw. After looking at the damage he told me that buffing would not work..only paint. He also told me that I would be "wasting my money by re-painting" since, I only had 9k miles on the car. He sympathized with my complaint but told me that GM views this as
              "Normal Wear & Tear".

I decided to go to the local Ziebart shop and had them install "Clear Guard" on that area.
              They charged me $125 CDN. It looks almost invisible. I can still see a few
              of the chips but, they don't seem as noticable.

I would urge anyone with a coupe, to look into a protective film before the damage becomes an expensive repair.

** PICS Tomorrow **

Chris M.
              Black GTP, 6-speed
              Ottawa, Ontario
              Go Sens!!!

Comment

you said in your orginal post this is a design flaw for the coupes... I also have these same "dots" in the same area on my sedan.
                Mike # 3!

Comment

The topic of conversation, at the dealership, was only concerning my coupe.
                  I didn't ask about the sedan. Although, my salesman had a similar issue with his Solstice.

The point is, if you have an issue, there is an option.
                  Don't wait for GM to resolve any "design issue" with regards to
                  this.

Good luck,

Chris M.
                  Black GTP, 6-speed
                  Ottawa, Ontario
                  Go Sens!!!

Comment

i have this problem too...sucks

Comment

I had it with my probe, cougar, focus and I am sure I will have it with the 6. 3M or clear guard is the best solution
                      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                      ^ The Man
                      v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                      X