X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clunking in steering

welcome to the forum feel free to use normal sized font

as for thte clunk has it done it more then just once because GM should have had it fixed (or so they say.)

vibration will not occur from the clunk its just the clunk

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

sorry, must've scrollwheeled the text size, oops.

anyway, yes, it does it every day.

Comment

lol no problem

can you feel the clunk in teh wheel too? if you can maybe you just got a bad ishaft out of the box. either way i would problebly take it to a dealer and drive with someone to replicate it

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

k thx that was my plan

Comment

Yesterday I noticed a totally different clunk than any of the other ones that we have found. It feels and sounds like the intermediate shaft clunk only a little less pronounced. It happens when I'm driving and come to a stop. As the car reaches the stopping point and the car kicks back you can feel it pop once. I hope you know what I mean when I say that it kicks back. It happens again when I accelerate from the stop. It's like something is loose and it pops in or out of place when stopping and back in or out when I accelerate. There is another clunk when I am turning the wheel, but that's not like the shaft problem either. I have to turn the wheel almost all the way to the stopping point. It happens when I stop turning it and the wheel kind of moves back a little. I'm debating on whether or not to take it in or wait until it gets worse.

Comment

sounds like something in the suspension maybe or the same clunk just in its early stages

Comment

It's getting considerably worse each day.

Comment

Well Im in somewhat of a pickle and cant figure out whats going on. When I come to a complete stop and turn there is a knocking or a clunking (which ever you prefer to call it) I can feel it in the steering wheel. It only happens once when i come to a complete stop but noticed it happens alot more ofte. Its hard for me to explain it. Am i experiencing the same issue as you guys are having or whats going on.
                  Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

i've noticed this in my 6 as well...
                    how much does the dealership charge to fix it?
                    would it be under my warranty?
                    or possibly a recall?

also... is this going to affect any other parts of my car
                    such ass my c/v joints or suspension?
                    Black '05 G6 GT Sedan
                    (sorry about the extra long signature b4)

Comment

max you discribed this problem pretty well

Originally posted by kylecap
                      i've noticed this in my 6 as well...
                      how much does the dealership charge to fix it?
                      would it be under my warranty?
                      or possibly a recall?

also... is this going to affect any other parts of my car
                      such ass my c/v joints or suspension?
                      no recall. if you have warrenty it should be covered

and it will not effect any other parts of your car

Comment

So what do I exactly tell the dealership when I go in next time?
                        Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

tell them you want your shaft lubed

that or just tell them you hear a clunk when you turn the wheel(this option may not get you smacked )

Comment

This is still an obvious issue. I have an 09 GXP with 18000 miles and this started a few weeks ago. First with the squeak through the wheel, then onto the clunking and other feel through the wheel. I took it to the dealer and started describing the issue and the first thing he says is "is it a sierra?", no a G6 I said. So it is apparently across the GM board. Boring story short, its the I.S.S. and they are ordering the part. I hope this crap doesn't continue to be a problem. If so anyone want to buy a White GXP.

Comment

I had this problem. I took it in and they re lubed it and the noise went away and then came back and now left never to return.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                              Originally posted by [i
                              Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

ugh i have the same problem, will they fix this no charge?

Comment

Working...
                                X