Wheel Locks Disintegrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Locks Disintegrated

So I was putting on winters for my Sol, however there's a little problem...

One of my wheel locks (GM original, came with the car) DISINTEGRATED and half of it is stuck on the car, and the other half in pieces.

Any way I can get it out?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Re: Wheel Locks Disintegrated

got any pics? i need to see what youve got left

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Here's what's left:

<-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

ouch ive never seen one that bad. i think your 2 best options are either take one of the still good ones to teh hardwarestore and find a cheap socket that youll be able to pound on it and hopefully you can get it off that way. or you could try finding like a rounded nut removal kit and that might get it off. if neither of those work youll problbely have to take it to a shop and have them air hammer it appart

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Oh well... off to the dealer then. They gave me those wheel locks and I have all the right to complain...

It's safe to drive for short distances, right? All the other nuts are properly torqued.
          <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

yeah no problem having 4

Comment

what should u torque wheels to when tightening?...80...100lbs?...picked up a torque wrench today cause people say that most people over torque nuts which can be bad

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

100 ft/lbs is the GM Spec

Comment

Another question... I read that the worst case scenario, when they have to resort to the air hammer, it means I pretty much need to destroy and install a new wheel stud?
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

yeah if it gets damaged then it will need one. its really easy though. take the brake caliper and rotor off then turn the hub so the stud has nothing behind it then hammer it out and pound a new one in

Comment

Working...
                    X