Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio buttons chipping

Hi everyone
    The paint on two dial buttons on the radio of my '08 G6 Sedan are starting to chip off. The #1 button is starting to chip on the sides and the #2 button is just beginning. Has anyone else experienced this? I called the dealer and they said to bring it out-don't know if they will give me any problems with fixing it yet.

Re: radio buttons chipping

It's a common issue. They also fade and turn pink. I had mine replaced under warranty , but they are peeling again.
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Dont let them replace the radio. The knobs just pull off. If you have to buy them they are around $8 each. I just went to parts and ordered new ones.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Reaplace with new head unit (aftermarket), unless you really like your stock deck.

Comment

Just buy new knobs if they wont replace the KNOBS under warranty.
          They are cheap.

MODS:

Comment

Mine are doing it as well, didn't know you could just replace the knobs, will have to go purchase them soon.

Comment

they pull straight off. The outer ring holds the center part in.
              Just replace and snap the new ones on.

Then go tell your wife to trim her fingernails and not to do it again.

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

HAHA! this is very true! What about the buttons you press like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Comment

Originally posted by GTDr1v3r
                  Originally posted by Lampoon

HAHA! this is very true! What about the buttons you press like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
                  Black nail polish!

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
                  Mods:

Comment

if the buttons are going youll need a radio. only the knobs (the power and tuning knobs) can ber replaced. all buttons require a radio

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

UPDATE:
                      I went to the dealer regarding the radio chipping and they are ordering me a new radio. I would have preferred a simpler fix but can't complain. They were actually good about it!

Comment

The dealer said it its caused by hand lotion. My wife always uses it and it rubbed the paint right off

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                        Originally posted by [i
                        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                          The dealer said it its caused by hand lotion. My wife always uses it and it rubbed the paint right off
                          That is very true, Hand Lotion can take the paint off of pretty much anything. Squirt some on the hood of your car and let it sit. (jk don't do it!)

Comment

Originally posted by djslift2
                            UPDATE:
                            I went to the dealer regarding the radio chipping and they are ordering me a new radio. I would have preferred a simpler fix but can't complain. They were actually good about it!
                            aaahhhhh

What they ordered was a refurb. Warranty does not replace with a new one.
                            Think back....they prolly saiod they will order you another radio and did not say new.

If they did specifically say new then they lied to you.

Also your refurb will only have a 1 yr warranty on it regardless of how much warranty is
                            left on the car. Sooooooooo be prepaired for your CD changer to crap out next year.

Its all explained in the warranty fine print....Ive been down this road.

MODS:

Comment

pooner is 100% right!
                              ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                              .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Working...
                              X