Headlight shake/wobble when driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight shake/wobble when driving.

I tried searching and found nothing, I know this is an issue with Malibu's and GP's... but now my G6 has started to have headlight shaking issues when driving at 60-70mph and whenever I hit a bump. Its getting worse and I'd like to try and fix this as I know it's just as annoying to other drivers as it is to me.
    106,000 MILES!
    There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
    Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Re: Headlight shake/wobble when driving.

make surethe two screws are in tight and the ball joint behind the headlight is in place...thats all i can think of
    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009
      make surethe two screws are in tight and the ball joint behind the headlight is in place...thats all i can think of

Comment

the only other thing is maybe your little tab on the outside back end of the headlight isnt securing itself when you pop the headlights in. If its just the 2 screws holding it then I could see it shaking if the bottom locking thing is messed up.
        2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
        Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
        Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
        Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Does it shake when you do it by hand??

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
          Originally posted by [i
          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Mine only does if it I hit a medium to hard bump but its done it for a while I believe.
            Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
            I <3 Cody.

No homo.
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

If I get ahold of the assembly from the bottom and shake the assembly, it feels loose, but all the fasteners are tight. Is there a way to replace the blue clip that the ball thing fits into?
              106,000 MILES!
              There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!

Comment

Yeah I definitely think the ball joint isn't being secured somehow. I noticed that the last time I pulled the headlights out, the driver's side blue tab was broken, but still on, so I thought what the heck and threw it all back together.
                106,000 MILES!

Comment

how big a bumps you hitting?

i have had my ball joints off the headlight forever now and have 0 problems

im sure you can buy that part

Comment

Working...
                  X