This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Leakage from Sunroof into Rear of Car and on Seatbelts

I just bought a 2006 gtp coupe on monday! after my test drive i noticed the floor behinde the driver seat was a lake! The salesman said someone left the window down. good to know he was full of shit.

Comment

Haha that's kind of funny but not really sorry... Well at least you know to do your research next time for common problems a car has...

Its really a pretty easy fix... Do it yourself, follow the how to and you'll be fine... I used gorilla glue to glue my tube back in.
      Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Looks like I'm joining the club after 3 years. I had the car in to fix the interior light fuse blowing that someone else mentioned, and about 3 weeks after that we had a hell of a storm, and my seatbelt and floormat was soaked. I hardly have anyone ever ride with me, so maybe it was an issue before and I never noticed it. Dealer wanted $415 bucks to take the headliner down and install something that extended the hose they said. I said screw you. Called GM to try and find a record of the "recall" from a couple of years ago, but looks like it wasn't an offical recall, just a TSB or something. Anyone in KC famielr with this stuff and want to try and help me? Otherwise there is a shop that can do it for about $80.

Edit: I never got the "recall" or Customer satisfaction survey thing in the mail, anyway I could call GM and make a case? Or is it really worth it. It sounds like maybe this wasn't a recall at all, but just a TSB.

TSB Number: 060857004NHTSA Number: 10023912TSB Date: October 1, 2007Date Added to File: February 15, 2008Failing Component:
        Visibility:Sun Roof AssemblySummary:
        Wet headliner, seat belt, front or rear floor/sunroof water leak (inspect rear drains and correct routing/install extensions).
        Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
        Originally posted by schenko
        If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

i do belive it was a recall but it has since expired and it is now just a TSB

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

So would you know why I wouldn't have gotten the notice?
            Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.

Comment

did you buy the car new? maybe GM never found out you bought it (if it was used) maybe it didnt make it to your vehicle for some reason idk

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Yea, I bought it brand new in Aug of '07, with 25 miles on it, 15 of which were me on the test drive.

Comment

I fixed my passenger side sunroof drainage leak with a little gorilla glue (this stuff is awesome). Tubes just needed to be held together.....plenty of rain since and no leaks. The hook-up is pretty easy to locate after you take the liner down enough on the side.

Comment

I found another way to fix this issue, much easier and costs NO money at all! Park with your car nose down hill. A slight downward angle will force the water to not collect in that area and the result is dry seatbelts. Fixed!
                    Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

Hi all my name vivian i come from florida happy to meet all here thankyou

Last edited by bluegtp33; 05-27-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vivian View Post
                        Hi all my name vivian i come from florida happy to meet all here thankyou
                        you realize this is the sunroof leakage thread?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

oh boy....
                          sigpic
                          MY PROGRESSION:
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

I had the same problem and after taking liner nearly completely out I found that drain holes were clogged. You may be able to spray air blasts into drain holes on door jambs by door hinges. It is a black rubber hole on jambs. Also your drain hoses may be disconnected directly under sun roof but you must remove head liner to get to it. I did it myself and resealed hoses to outlet. No more issues. If you have a lot of leaves or pine needles in your area, I would be willing to bet this is your problem

Comment

Link doesn't work.

Comment

I'm the newest of newbees. Just bought a used 05 GT sedan, after much research. I even checked this forum, and this particular thread before I bought. My car has no signs of seatbelt wetness, or odors of any kind because I was looking for them when I test drove the car. BUT! I did notice water in the trunk area under the spare tire. Was wondering if this is the same issue. The dealer where I got the car did a nice job cleaning up the moisture, and even painted the unsightly rust spots. It was no doubt a long standing issue with this car. I got a good deal on the price, and the dealer was very helpful, so I'm not complaining. After a trip through the car wash, the interior stayed dry, but the trunk had the fresh wetness back.

Comment

Working...
                                X