Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting thread ... answers a lotta questions for me!! I've been wonderin why my seatbelt gets soaking wet after a rain storm ... and why my speakers were wet the other day ~ I NEVER woulda guessed it was comin from the sunroof ... I just thought it was comin in from the window somehow! (tho that wouldnt have answered why i had water on the speakers in my trunk) Now I'll know what to tell 'em when I go in to have it fixed!!

Comment

Yeah and I'd get that fixed asap.

Comment

I got a recall notice in Feb '07, and another one regarding this issue again in May.

Comment

HAs the 2007 model experienced the same problems???
          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
          Stock Silver 3.9L Coupe

"A bad day at racing is better then a good day at the office"

Comment

Krazy Glued them into the green rubber connector and sealed it with Permatex....that's what I did and haven't had a problem since. I decided to do it myself to make sure it was done right.....I didn't want to wait for them to look at it and wonder whether they fixed it correctly...while my car incurred more water damage to it.
            Amen. I used to be a Pontiac technician in a past life - the dealer will very seldom take the time to truly do this all correctly. I found the right side drain tube pulled out of the green rubber connector - caught it before it became too wet. Just right seatbelt and right side panel felt and under the right side of the back seat was wet. Carpet not wet yet. (My car is 06 GTP Coupe).

I re-routed both rear sunroof drain tubes (routed them ABOVE the bracket they were misrouted through) and encased both the green rubber drain connectors and the first inch of the plastic tubes in clear RTV silicone to prevent them pulling out again. Took rear seat and rear side panels and felt out of the car to dry. Extened seatbelts all the way and tied them together to dry. Dried everything 1 week. Reinstalled, have no further odor except slightly when very humid outside. All have stayed dry for 3 months now.

One warning.... DO NOT attempt this unless you are technically inclined. Pulling the headliner down in the G6 couple is not for the faint of heart or weak of mind.

Those of you who have the dealer do it.... With the recall I believe they now have the info to stop the leak permanently if they follow the recall instructions and don't shortcut anything. However, getting them to dry out your car completely will be another matter.

Comment

Re: Water Leakage from Sunroof into Rear of Car and on Seatbelts

This issue applied to the 2005 G6 GT Sedan's too right? It's been raining alot here in the Ohio Valley the past few days. Today I got into my car and as I was pulling out of my driveway, water started to come in near the driver's door and through the sunvisor arm that goes up into the headliner. The water went onto the left side of the dash near the door and also into MY LAP! Talk about having instant wet jeans!

I looked up the TSB's for this and there are a few. 1) Driver Door Water Intrusion and 2) Front Floor Carpet Wet.

I'm taking it to the dealer while it's still under warranty. I do have the electric standard sunroof (not pano). Based on reading this thread, it looks like I need to tell my dealer that my issue is likely with the sunroof drain tubes..??

Comment

Originally posted by rage32
                This issue applied to the 2005 G6 GT Sedan's too right? It's been raining alot here in the Ohio Valley the past few days. Today I got into my car and as I was pulling out of my driveway, water started to come in near the driver's door and through the sunvisor arm that goes up into the headliner. The water went onto the left side of the dash near the door and also into MY LAP! Talk about having instant wet jeans!

I looked up the TSB's for this and there are a few. 1) Driver Door Water Intrusion and 2) Front Floor Carpet Wet.

I'm taking it to the dealer while it's still under warranty. I do have the electric standard sunroof (not pano). Based on reading this thread, it looks like I need to tell my dealer that my issue is likely with the sunroof drain tubes..??
                This specific issue was the coupes only...I'm not sure where your leak would have come from. It might be the sunroof drains.

Comment

Err .. heavy rain this weekend and my seatbelt was drenched!!!

Back to the shop it shall go tmr to be fixed AGAIN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicEyez
                    Err .. heavy rain this weekend and my seatbelt was drenched!!!

Back to the shop it shall go tmr to be fixed AGAIN!!!!
                    Screw getting it fixed. Just park on a slant.
                    Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

^-^ ... Its tempting cause Im tired of going out there ~ its not as if they are right down the street from me ~ =/

Im taking it out there today ... no tellin when I'll get it back. tho, I have to give 'em credit ~ because they've seen me up there so many times ... they ususally try to get it done pretty quick cause they see Im not happy when I go up there ~ lol.

Comment

Thankfully, I've only had mine in once for this problem. They fixed the tubes right, because the problem hasn't come back since. *knocks on wood*
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

^ Knock hard! They had already fixed mine once ... this'll be the second time to work on it. I know after they worked on it the first time it was alright cause it had never happened again ... UNTIL ... last weekend ~

Now they get to clean my seatbelts as well cause they stink!!!!

Comment

just an FYI the recall for this problem that was on the coupes has expired so there is no longer a recall

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Recall or not they get to fix it ~ lol ...

Comment

I still have to the end of the year to bring mine in, according to the notices they keep sending me. But I'm not going to.

Comment

Working...
                                X