X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: in need of engine teardown guide or schematic

torque converter?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I GOT IT! new engine is in as of last night. finishing up neatness of wiring today and fluids..... the mount on the passenger side of engine.... even if you unbolt it fully from top end, you can not remove the engine. the mount needs unbolted from subframe. that was it.

its really not hard to replace a g6 engine and you end up with minimal bolts really. the tricky part is the tightness of some areas. my hands are pretty raw from smacking and rubbing metal

Comment

ill write up a how to at a later time also

Comment

Awesome. I'm glad you got the new engine in. Looking forward to the write up =)

Comment

its actually simple man.first drain radiator and oil and take out the intake tubes and filter box.

remove the starter, a\c compressor, alternator, front and back down pipes, spark plugs and all the wiring harnesses. beware there are some hidden under the headers. undo all hoses also.

then passenger engine mounts need unbolted and also unbolted from sub frame (located very bottom below crank pulley). the passenger side tranny to block mount needs unbolted. (located on back of block}

unbolt oil pan to tranny bracket (black mount with 4 bottoms on oil pan), unbolt the 6 tranny to engine bolts ( you have to remove the tranny mount to get to the very front one) unbolt flywheel cover. spin engine by crank pulley to see flywheel bolts. unbolt the 3 flywheel bolts. chain it up, wiggle the engine to break it free and then slowly pull out the top.

i think thats about it.

shipping weight was 480 lbs and yes it does way the much. so be careful when transporting it.

Comment

been running since yesterday. no engine lights or anything. purring like a kitten.

Comment

Working...
              X