Altered6 Progressions - Baer Cobalt 13" Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Altered6 Progressions

GMPP Strut Tower Brace just clears the stud.

The two bump stops required to keep the Strut Brace from damaging the hood. I installed these after it rubbed on the passenger side.

Redline Tuning Hood QuickLift Plus system.

Last edited by Altered6; 06-19-2013, 12:57 PM.
    Current Mods
    245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
    Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

The latest mod. Nothing ground breaking as it's been done many times and is well documented. The hardest part is paying a dealership to unlock the radio. This really is an easy swap and depending on your tools and mechanical skill set, can be easily done, start to finish, in less than an hour. In the documentation I read, there seemed to be some discrepancy in what screws needed to be removed, how many and what needed to be disconnected. There is an excellent video on YouTube that is most accurate if you prefer a highly detailed visual tutorial as I do. Remember that the radio will need to be unlocked by a dealership and the charge for this ten minute service can vary considerably so shop around.
      I really like the added versatility of the Aux input and the two lines of text on the radio display.

Before

After
      Last edited by Altered6; 07-11-2013, 01:51 AM.
      Current Mods
      245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...

Comment

did you have to reprogram the new radio or was it plug and play?

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19 View Post
          did you have to reprogram the new radio or was it plug and play?
          Yes indeed, it required a trip to a dealership to unlock. The unlocking procedure took about 15 minutes.
          Current Mods

Comment

Re: Altered6 Progressions - Baer Cobalt 13" Brakes

how much did you pay for it?

Comment

how much did you pay for it?
              Grand total $52.34 to unlock.
              Current Mods

Comment

thanks

Comment

thanks
                  You're welcome.
                  I've heard that some have paid as little as $20 for an unlock service and as much as $120. Of course that's all hear say but worth making a few phone calls to the GM dealerships in your neighborhood to obtain a reasonable price.
                  Current Mods

Comment

Current Mods

Comment

this is from a while ago, but im looking to redo my brakes and im not doing brembos cause thats just ttooo much, but its either r1 concepts or baer, im on their website and it shows they dont make them for a cobalt, and if you could help me? could you tell me all the parts you did and cost for the conversion? it would be much appreciated!!! i just need to do this soon

Comment

Originally posted by ryann View Post
                        this is from a while ago, but im looking to redo my brakes and im not doing brembos cause thats just ttooo much, but its either r1 concepts or baer, im on their website and it shows they dont make them for a cobalt, and if you could help me? could you tell me all the parts you did and cost for the conversion? it would be much appreciated!!! i just need to do this soon
                        Pretty sure the Baers cost quite a bit more than the Brembos just sayin
                        Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

I would avoid R1 Concept. they will warp with excess use i.e. mountain driving. I'm currently running EBC rotors up front. if these warp I'm up grading the Baer's

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                          Originally posted by ahuhn
                          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I noticed that Baer discontinued their Cobalt brake kit quite some time ago. I contacted them and they assured me that they would continue to offer support in terms of service parts for any brake kit they have ever offered even if it has been discontinued. With that knowledge try contacting them and see what they say, they may be able to hook you up with something but I wouldn't get your hopes too high on that.

I'm not sure what your budget is but if you want to pin the needle on the "cool meter" and do something nobody else has yet, there's these LOOKY

While I have no regrets with my Baer brakes and continue to be impressed with there performance, I have to agree with the others that there are less expensive options available that are easier to install. There are still some good deals to be had on used Brembos if you have the patience to wait for them to pop up. And for the more budget minded option, upgrading the G6 OEM brakes with carefully selected quality aftermarket performance components. I've personally had good experiences with Hawk brake pads, Centric rotors and the Cryo treated rotors.

Hope this helps you find what you're looking for.
                            Last edited by Altered6; 07-17-2013, 01:16 AM.
                            Current Mods

Comment

it has thank you.. i appreciate it

Comment

it has thank you.. i appreciate it
                                Glad to help.
                                Current Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X