BORN2SKI's GT - Approach lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BORN2SKI's GT - painted headlight bezels

Painted headlight bezels ... see post #1 for pics.
    Better pics tomorrow!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Re: BORN2SKI's GT

ahhhhh (sign) reminds me wen my car was looking stock lol nicely done
      Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
      JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Before/After painting headlight bezels:

New overal pic:

Up next is painting mirrors, and installing puddle lights. Then painting rims!
        Last edited by BORN2SKI; 03-01-2011, 08:18 PM.

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

That looks great!! Very nicely done.
          2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

wtf is a puddle light?

Comment

Puddle light:
              Plan to hook it up to the door sensor, so when the door is open or when you unlock the car by remote, it will turn on. Lights up the ground under the door, found on many BMW's and MB's as OEM.

I think they give a luxury look, and if it shines to the rear enough, will light up the curb so you can see it better at night when parking to avoid curb rash!

Comment

Just finished painting the rims, and thought it would also be a good time to do a wash/wax.

Wow it really needs lowering!
                Last edited by BORN2SKI; 03-01-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

looks good, nice and shiny-nice job on the wheels :
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: BORN2SKI's GT - painted rims, washed/waxed

i enjoy your car brutha
                    Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                    sigpic
                    Progression Page
                    Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                    Sponsored by: Negrotisâ„¢ Racing

Comment

what did you use for painting? do you have any action shots? like while in process of painting?

What did you use for clear?

living in Canada you are going to be battling cold weather and snow and ice. report back after the winter.

MAH PROGRESSION THREAD.................................................. .................................Mah Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2 View Post
                        what did you use for painting? do you have any action shots? like while in process of painting?
                        Ive got a few pics, see if i can find them.

I'm gonna get some flack for this but here is what i did:
                        Said with 320 grit sandpaper
                        Paint with Dupli-Colour sandable primer (black hot rod primer as they call it)
                        sand with 1000 or 1500 grit and repaint. repeat until satified.
                        Done

I orginally tried the Dupli-Colour rim paint but wasnt happy with the result, so I went with just primer insteat, hopefully it will last. Even if it doesnt though, it is a very easy repair.

What did you use for clear?
                        I didnt

living in Canada you are going to be battling cold weather and snow and ice. report back after the winter.
                        Regarding the winter, I have steelies and winter tires, so they will be stored when the temp drops.

Comment

those rims look awesome. i want to make mine black but cant find a place that will powder coat them. I think my best bet is painting them, do you have any progress pics?
                          Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, Eyebrow 5% tint, Windshield 35% tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Painted engine covers, LED tails, 6K Lows, 8K Highs, 6K Fogs Painted grilles, Painted window trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, RacingLine STB, RacingLine Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W

Progression Thread -
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18428

Comment

yea def need a clear coat on them to be a shiny black like mine...and whats with oll the fake chrome in the front...a little over done

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17 View Post
                              yea def need a clear coat on them to be a shiny black like mine...and whats with oll the fake chrome in the front...a little over done
                              I think they look good in flat black actually. As for the chrome, ya it looks kinda cheap.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
                              2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
                              Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

Re: BORN2SKI's GT

Im thinking of pulling off the chrome, I like it, but it doesnt work with the all black look I am going for.
                                Thinking of colour-matching the lower grills at some point too.

And in a few weeks, I'm gonna polish the rims to give them a bit more shine.

Comment

Working...
                                X