Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ThatAt&tGuys 2008 G6 GT Coupe Death -> G35 Coupe Progres

Thanks guys for all the comments!

The tuner that worked on my car logged almost 200,000 hours alone on the VQ35DE motors so i was in good hands with this tune. He told me that the torque my car puts down is more the stock Nissan 370z's have been putting down on their dynojet. He asked if he could keep my number handy so if he needed some advice on aftermarket parts he would call me to see what i did to my G.

Apparently i was running "super lean" sitting at about 8.0 afr from 2000rpm up. NO BUENO! I wish i lived in Cali, my car would make 40whp more just from the elevation difference. Here in parker its about 5900Ft above sea level, drag times are depressing.

Comment

and for all you guys who own a goat... check this sucker out! 2006 Dark Metallic Blue GTO with a lS7 7.0L v8 motor swap! It was the tuners DD and it was seriously the most perfect car ever. Im a huge fan of the 05+ GTO's and this one made my vision blurry ahaha.

Just the engine shot for now but dang!

Comment

Definitly not a bad daily driver if you own a gas station lol Sorry to hear about your tranny troubles though Glad everything is fixed and your making G37 horsepower now

Comment

Wow its been awhile since ive posted. But the G35 is gone, snapped a connecting rod that buckled the hood. She will be missed, to replace her im running with a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6. I thought my G was fast, but this car is on a different level. Currentl Mods are intake, tires, upgraded intercooler and lots of little mods. Here are some pics.

Literally the day her rod snapped on.

R.I.P.

The new, Day 1

Got some vinyl/Di-Noc so i began blacking some of the silver out.

Also got the Mercedes AMG center wheel caps for my wheels, after all, this car is mostly a MB But here is how she looks right now.

Engine after intake/intercooler.

thanks for looking, hoping to get a g6 for winter possibly if found for cheap enough. I still miss it.

Comment

Damn RIP to that g35. Thing was absolutely sexy. Not a fan of how the crossfire looks but nice engine.
            Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LED map/dome/mirror/trunk/license/reverse lights

Comment

i want an SRT6 they are bad ass and sorry about the G but i love your SRT6 whats next for it
              Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
              JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

that SRT 6 looks nice man

Comment

Well right now my mod list is all details. Got the calipers painted black, blacked out grill, side vents, new billet cowels and AMG emblem on rear quarters. i added the SRT stripe to my rear side skirts too. Intake was a huge gain, supercharger screams so loud now lol plus upgraded IC pump.

Next is 64MM SC pulley, upgraded heat exchanger(slk32AMG), and tune. Idk what else there is to do to this car after that. SRT6s are doing high 11's 1/4 mile with those mods.

Comment

wait...so what happened to the hood?...it smashed into ur windshield?

and whats was the sticker price on one of these crossfires...i was looking into them, but hated how small the trunk was and parts must be expensive

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

The crossfire looks awesome, looking out the back is worst than my sol though lol. Messed me up the first time I drove one that you have to pull up on the shifter to get it into reverse.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

that crossfire i cant find less than 14500
                        Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                        JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

those little cars are gross! you have good taste my friend. keep us posted on progress with that little tank. (smaller pulley would be my first move)
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Ehhh. Idk. I think I would've kept the G35 over the crossfire...
                            Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
                            2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
                            2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Wert842 View Post
                              Ehhh. Idk. I think I would've kept the G35 over the crossfire...
                              It wasn't a choice if you read back there. I think AndyM16 wanted one of these things

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17 View Post
                                wait...so what happened to the hood?...it smashed into ur windshield?

and whats was the sticker price on one of these crossfires...i was looking into them, but hated how small the trunk was and parts must be expensive
                                I had the G35 with a fresh tune that let me go to 7900RPM on that 3.5L motor and i guess it was too much. Just driving home and all i hear is a "clank" then my hood jumped a bit and had this lump coming from the passenger side. Tow truck took her away and i never saw her again. Well, i did drop by to snag some of the $$ parts to resell.

I got this one for $22K with less then 8xxx miles on the clock. The only thing that sucked is the Intercooler pump died right when i bought it, but 30 mins and 100 bux later i replaced it within the same day. I wanted the SRT6 because its a VERY under rated car. Wicked fast

Pulley and Tune are next, then taking her to Bandimere Speedway for some high altitude drags. Right now im sitting on my arse waiting for my settlement from a car accident If its enough, i want a audi TTS, white. Broken femurs are worth some $$$ thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X