X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturns Fate will be set in Next few Days

The Cobalt?

I still think that GM is making a HUUUGE mistake if they disband Pontiac and Saturn. Idiots.
    106,000 MILES!
    There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
    Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

I had an 03 Cavalier and I like the next size up of coupes personally.
      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I'm getting the last powerful coupe Pontiac made Probally the last ever as well... given the enviorment.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue6851
          The Cobalt?

I still think that GM is making a HUUUGE mistake if they disband Pontiac and Saturn. Idiots.
          cobalt is crap compared to G6 on every level i think minus performance.

cobalt is great on performance only in SS trim, and still then, its not good enough, cause its fwd

cobalt is being replaced by the cruze, not so?

end.

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
          PSN: racin247
          Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            I'm getting the last powerful coupe Pontiac made Probally the last ever as well... given the enviorment.
            you mean your monaro?

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
              .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Well, yeahhhhhhhhhh, but for a lot of people they find it to be more than adequate.
                106,000 MILES!
                There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

New GM CEO Not Fazed by Future Competition from Saturn Brand, Peugeot Cited As Potential Partner

http://www.saturnfans.com/company/new-g ... al-partner
                  Originally posted by www.saturnfans.com
                  News recently talked with GM's new CEO, Fritz Henderson, about the state of General Motors and how he plans to fulfill the restructuring demands made by the Obama administration. While most of the interview focused on the company's new so-called core brands, the UAW, and it bloated dealership body, Henderson did discuss Saturn's desire to be spun-off, becoming independent of GM.

"We're supporting that process because these are good dealers, very good dealers," he said. When asked if he realized that those very same retail facilities could "be easy entry into the U.S. market for a foreign brand" — possibly Peugeot according to AN — he said he wasn't fazed at all. "There's lots of competition."

No other information was provided about the possible Saturn spin-off. An official announcement is expected before the end of the month, with some rumors suggesting one could come as early as this Friday.
                  peugeots website if your interested in what they have to offer.
                  http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/cars.aspx

Anyone know anything about peugeot? quality, sales, popularity in there market ect.

Comment

they sell Peugeot back home in trinidad. Very interesting cars..stand out amongst anything like mazda's new face.

the interiors are not bad. depending on the model, much like chrysler stuff. the 307, and 307sw's sell like mad, and and they have a cc (coupe/vert) hard top vert, that would probably be big competetion for the sebring, since it looks a shit load better...

reliability wise, i'm not too sure. I know Renault and citroen used to have bad electrical reliability, but not sure about the peugeots'

308 cc

407 coupe

Comment

Peugeot used to make crappy cars but they have come a long way in the last decade or so.

Comment

The 206 GTi was an excellent car.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

That peugeot front end is HORRID...

other than that...it's interesting to say the least, idk if i can see them as saturns though. i still would be happier if saturn became the american opel as GM initially started to do...

on an amusing note, a couple weeks ago, just a day after the announcement of the closing/spinoff of saturn came, i was driving and passed an independent repair facility with a big sign out front saying 'NOW WELCOMING SATURN OWNERS." as if the brand just disappeared overnight.
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Investor group confirms they are bidding for Saturn; looking to sell multiple brands

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/15/repo ... aturn-loo/

Originally posted by autoblog.com
                            In what General Motors spokesman Steve Janisse is calling a "very interesting" proposal, investor group Telesto Ventures has put in an official bid for Saturn. The consortium features a variety of backers, including Black Oak Partners LLC (a private equity group) and a number of Saturn dealers.

While the proposed deal doesn't appear to express interest in continuing to build or sell existing Saturn products over the long haul, the arrangement would apparently keep the 384-store network stocked with GM-sourced vehicles through 2011, allowing for an easier transition. According to Automotive News, Telesto's long-term vision hinges on selling vehicles from other manufacturers, primarily products from unnamed foreign companies. The plan, likened to the multi-brand approach favored by electronics giant Best Buy, would see a focus on smaller, fuel-efficient offerings that could also be sold by other outlets.

GM says a feasibility study into this program is underway, with a report scheduled for delivery to the brand's dealer body by early next week. If the deal goes through, one thing is for sure: Saturn will once again truly be "A Different Kind of Car Company," albeit not the sort that the division's founders originally intended.
                            I have heard this scenario before in the roumor department. (multi-brand approach)

Comment

NEW rummor!!!

We heard from another dealer that Saturn is going to anounce something BIG next week, possibly Monday. The dealer also heard that since Dodge/chy/jeep and Fiat talks have broken down that Fiat is going to throw there hat into the ring for Saturn or to pay Saturn to sell there cars for them.

Comment

i don't know if to be bothered by this or not...but sounds like a cool rumour...

Comment

Working...
                                X