This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO - remove the intake resonator in one piece way # 2

I pulled mine out tonight. A lot harder then i thought it would be! I Attempted to pull it all out at once but i ended up putting an electric saw in there and cutting it in half The pins were really hard to get out so i didn't remove all of them. Otherwise it wouldn't have needed the saw lol.

This thing is ugly!
    Last edited by Triple7; 07-05-2011, 08:56 PM.
    Completed Mods - CRAB Intake, Resonator Delete, Debadged Decals, Racingline Performance Strut Tower Bar, Red Calipers, Glossy Black Upper Front Grilles, and Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings

Future Mods - 6000k HID's, 35% Window Tint, 17" Racing wheels, Dual Rear Valence, Dual Exhaust, Smoked Tail Lights, Indash Dvd player.

Comment

man I forgot how ugly that thing is

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
        man I forgot how ugly that thing is
        That's what your mom said
        Last edited by popsicle; 07-06-2011, 12:13 PM.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Just finished pulling this damn thing out. I didn't take any pictures pulling it out but it was a bigger pain in the ass then I thought it would be. The push bolts were hard to pull out. Not sure if anyone else had trouble with them. Once I got enough out and got to the resonator, I took off the bolt than struggled to free it from the two rubber bolts holding it in place. After that it was just a matter finding the right angle to pull it out. Took me a little over an hour, than it was off for a test drive

Appearance - Eagle Eyes black headlights, tinted tails, 35% rear tint, 20 % front tint, black front and rear dart overlay, black stock wheel dart overlay, de-badged, red painted calipers, black license plate holder, Red LED floor strips,

Performance - Super Flowmaster 40, Resonator delete, Crabs Opt 3. Intake Resonator delete,

Audio - 1 Kicker L7 10'', Hi-fonics TXI 6006 Titan 2 Channel amp, MTX Re-Q

Future - Eibach pro kit, 18" wheels, FPU crabs upgrade, recessed lower grille, LED dome, License plate LED.

Comment

now just to get CRABS and youll love driving the car.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
              now just to get CRABS and youll love driving the car.
              Already do, I just need the FPU.

Appearance - Eagle Eyes black headlights, tinted tails, 35% rear tint, 20 % front tint, black front and rear dart overlay, black stock wheel dart overlay, de-badged, red painted calipers, black license plate holder, Red LED floor strips,

Performance - Super Flowmaster 40, Resonator delete, Crabs Opt 3. Intake Resonator delete,

Audio - 1 Kicker L7 10'', Hi-fonics TXI 6006 Titan 2 Channel amp, MTX Re-Q

Future - Eibach pro kit, 18" wheels, FPU crabs upgrade, recessed lower grille, LED dome, License plate LED.

Comment

is it ok on a 2.4 to remove the resonator and keep the stock air box with a drop in k&n filter i didnt see an awnser to this.

Comment

Mine was easy to get out. It only took maybe 25-30 min. I guess I was lucky or something lol.
                  Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Finally got around to getting that ugly bastard outta there!

The CRABS can get more air now!

I'm going to run flex hose up to it later and use the side of the middle valance grill to scoop up some air.
                    Last edited by ancr2001; 06-20-2015, 06:30 PM.
                    2009.5 Pontiac G6 3.5 Base Premium Options
                    Modifications
                    Performance:
                    WAMS 93 Octane Tune, CRABS Intake (full kit + FPU), Racingline Motor Mount Inserts

Suspension:
                    Racingline Strut Tower Brace

Audio:
                    Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD Head Unit, Kenwood KFC-P709Ps Component System, Kenwood KAC-7204 Amp, 2 KFC-W3005 Subs, 1 KFC-XW1205DB Sub (not installed yet), Streetwires 14 gauge speaker cable, NVX RCA Cable, Big-3 Upgrade - 0 gauge & 4 gauge, 0 to 4 Gauge Scorpion Power & Ground Distribution Blocks

Interior:
                    Custom Gauge Lighting (in progress), Black Metallic Painted Gauge bezel, Blue LED Interior Accent Lights (underdash, backseat, air vents, dome, map)

Exterior:
                    LED Third Brake Light by AnderbrA Innovations

http://www.krylonix-server.com <--- My ride page

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                      Your operating from the standpoint that you have the same engine. You dont.
                      if your gonna put in a new intake ( K&N ) or whatever, why go through all that trouble to remove that crap restrictive intake resonator? Do what I did, remove passenger headlamp and use a sawzall to cut that piece of shit up into 2 or 3 smaller pieces. Comes out in 5 minutes, replace lamp, toss shit oem intake out and install cold air intake . done in 10 minutes with nice K&N intake!
                      bmd endlinks, CAI / K&N, 5000K lows & 3000K fogs from morimoto/TRS, E.E.'s, ebc cross drilled/slot front discs with ceramic pads

Comment

I just pulled the wheel and muscled the bitch out through the fender well passed the liner. Came out in one piece no probs

Comment

gee thanks ancr2001, its nice to still see people stealing my pics.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Took mine out over three weeks ago. it is close to a month since I had it out, and I love the growl it makes when I open the throttle body's butter fly! It sounds like I have a Cold Air Intake(CAI). Im just itching to get those crabs now and have a real CAI Box setup! lol!! I will say this, the way that resonator was designed, it seems like it supports the bumper to keep anything colliding into it from going through. I could be wrong, because when I shook mine, it seemed like the resonator had pods branching off it to catch dirt. You can see other entrances that branch out into what I call, "pods" in the tube that goes up to the air box.
                            By the way, I loosened my bumper to get mine off. I had to do this before when I changed my radiator to a Silla Radiator brand. My stock one leaked out a little past 86000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by jerij3 View Post
                              This works fine. I chose not to cut mine up (in case I wanted to put it back for whatever God unknown reason).

It was actually easier getting the resonator out than it was removing the headlamp assembly.

jerij
                              easier than headlamp? joking, right
                              bmd endlinks, CAI / K&N, 5000K lows & 3000K fogs from morimoto/TRS, E.E.'s, ebc cross drilled/slot front discs with ceramic pads

Comment

Had to replace the passenger wheel well and while I had it all out I decided to take off that intake resonator. Super easy to remove that way.

Only difference I can tell is a subtle change to the sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X