Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
    How much to send me a flashed bcm for my 2008 G6 GT 3.5 with these instrument cluster issues fixed? I have the money to buy the speedometer now. And also, how much more to turn on remote start?
    His website lists custom BCM programming at $124.99. Looks like it includes any features you want changed. I can't seem to find what a new BCM being sent to you would cost however. Just trying to help get ya info.
    Here's his site: http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...mart&Itemid=54

I'd be interested in seeing if the BCM flash will alleviate all the currently known issues with this swap.

Comment

I 're edited my posts after I seen his website and the info. I want to send him a used bcm so that way I can drive my g6 still.

Comment

Yea don't blame you. I can't afford down time either so I would buy a new bcm outright.
        That's what I did with my PCM and TCM tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
          Yea don't blame you. I can't afford down time either so I would buy a new bcm outright.
          That's what I did with my PCM and TCM tunes.
          I still plan on doing that steering wheel swap after the bcm swap with WAMS. Then I want the ECM and TCM tune first, but I have decided to leave them last. I have to find me a spare first to send. I can't pay that much for his spares he sells them for. I also want the super sport TCM tune too. Then crabs after those tunes. I then want to get the MMI after. Then the strut tower bar to top it off.

Thanks for the help CrusinG6!

Comment

I still plan on doing that steering wheel swap after the bcm swap with WAMS. Then I want the ECM and TCM tune first, but I have decided to leave them last. I have to find me a spare first to send. I can't pay that much for his spares he sells them for. I also want the super sport TCM tune too. Then crabs after those tunes. I then want to get the MMI after. Then the strut tower bar to top it off.

Thanks for the help CrusinG6!

Our spare sets are $135, if you send you own spares they will have to be regreened anyhow just like a regular transfer which is $125. So unless you literally get them for free ours are still a better deal. In fact right now our spares are actually new anyhow (For awhile until supply dries up again). I think considering that a new TCM alone is $70 this is a pretty smokin' deal.

Also for ANY BCM programming you MUST send the unit from your vehicle.
            Last edited by GTPprix; 01-04-2015, 09:49 AM.
            Chris White
            http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
            2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
            2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
            2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
            2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
            2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
              Our spare sets are $135, if you send you own spares they will have to be regreened anyhow just like a regular transfer which is $125. So unless you literally get them for free ours are still a better deal. In fact right now our spares are actually new anyhow (For awhile until supply dries up again). I think considering that a new TCM alone is $70 this is a pretty smokin' deal.

Also for ANY BCM programming you MUST send the unit from your vehicle.
              Okay, I'll just send mine in then. Then I will save up for your tunes for the ECU and tcm and this bcm. Man, that will be a lot ! But well worth it.

Comment

Hey CrusinG6, are you going to be able to send in your bcm before I do? I think it may take me a couple of months before I do. I plan on doing the instrument cluster next, but I need to buy those lowering springs from black07g6gtp because I have been wanting them for awhile now and he has been waiting for me to buy them. Plus I'm about to be in the market for New shocks and struts soon anyway. Then the other member distxboy on here is the next one I buy from. He has the racingline strut tower bar still I hope to buy. Naturally, I would buy the springs, stb, and shocks all at the Same time so I can get that killer set up on all at once.
                So I believe you may have the quicker shot at sending in your bcm before me.

Comment

I've been toying with the idea but I haven't really settled on it. I likely won't be tuning my bcm as I plan to just live with the minimal issues.
                  I was more or less curious of a 09.5 flash would fix the manual shift mode display issue along with the mileage not updating

Comment

I've been toying with the idea but I haven't really settled on it. I likely won't be tuning my bcm as I plan to just live with the minimal issues.
                    I was more or less curious of a 09.5 flash would fix the manual shift mode display issue along with the mileage not updating
                    How bad is the mileage not updating? Seems like I could live with it also.

Comment

Eh not bad. Its only the preview when you open the door. It's gone hundreds of miles without updating but if you cycle through the menus until it shows the odometer everything will be correct and it'll update then.

Comment

Liveable. Okay, I'm going to buy me a bcm from a 2010 GT model and see if just putting that in will do the trick. And I want to also see if the bcm came with remote start too. Then I will get two bangs for my buck. I just don't know if I will need a reprogram eventually? But, anyway, I'm off to bed. I just finished dinner. That's why I was up still.

Comment

You'll need to get it programmed either way to match your Vin so it'll communicate with the TCM and PCM and wireless modules.

Comment

You'll need to get it programmed either way to match your Vin so it'll communicate with the TCM and PCM and wireless modules.
                            Ah, I see. Okay. Thanks.

Comment

Liveable. Okay, I'm going to buy me a bcm from a 2010 GT model and see if just putting that in will do the trick. And I want to also see if the bcm came with remote start too. Then I will get two bangs for my buck. I just don't know if I will need a reprogram eventually? But, anyway, I'm off to bed. I just finished dinner. That's why I was up still.

Uh yeah don't do that. You'll set a huge odometer tamper flag and your car will have the incorrect milage; good luck selling it with that flag Not to mention it wont start, there were other small changes from 2008-2010 that wont work correctly as well.

This is why we require you send the one out of your vehicle.
                              Chris White
                              http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                              2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                              2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                              2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                              2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                              2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
                                Uh yeah don't do that. You'll set a huge odometer tamper flag and your car will have the incorrect milage; good luck selling it with that flag Not to mention it wont start, there were other small changes from 2008-2010 that wont work correctly as well.

This is why we require you send the one out of your vehicle.
                                I completely forgot about the odometer itself. That makes perfect sense as to why you need our original bcm.

Comment

Working...
                                X