Anyone tried 235/50r18 size on gtp tock rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, something like this:

04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
    Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Comment

Dood, I just woke up and that picture was not the first thing I wanted to see

Now my question. Why the fuck doesn't anyone read my posts? I answered the question (except the one about does anyone run them) and after my post, it would seem no one ever laid out the info that i did? I gave exact numbers for how the speedo would be and a site to check yourself!

This happens in many, many topics. Hell its also happens when Im physically talking to people. It seems a lotta things could go easier if people just listened to me. Fucking Wednesday mornings. Where the hell is my bong Im pissy.
        2007 G5 Base Model
        Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Re: Anyone tried 235/50r18 size on gtp tock rims

Originally posted by 066speed
          Was wondering do they rub. does it throw off your speedo? Better ride and handeling?
          Why don't you just ask your Master Tech uncle?

Comment

Originally posted by Eco_JUNK

Now my question. Why the fuck doesn't anyone read my posts? I answered the question (except the one about does anyone run them) and after my post, it would seem no one ever laid out the info that i did? I gave exact numbers for how the speedo would be and a site to check yourself!

This happens in many, many topics. Hell its also happens when Im physically talking to people. It seems a lotta things could go easier if people just listened to me. Fucking Wednesday mornings. Where the hell is my bong Im pissy.
            Don't worry man that happens to me too.

Comment

Not to hijack this thread, but I wonder if anyone actually drove on the 235/50-18, and also on the 245/45-18. I would expect there to be a harsher ride on the 45 profiles, and probably require a tiny bit more steering effort.

Personally, I would not run the 245/40-18.

Comment

Originally posted by Eco_JUNK

I didn't disagree with you at all. I just wanted to add my 2c. Posting is like that.
                04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:

Comment

I was just one of those days. Its all good now, Im late for a game of Circle of Death.
                  2007 G5 Base Model
                  Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

what does the "40" represent? the height of the tire? like how thick it is on the rim? if that is the case, our wheel gap would be much more.
                    2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                    Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                      what does the "40" represent? the height of the tire? like how thick it is on the rim? if that is the case, our wheel gap would be much more.
                      As ECOjunk said earlier the sidewall height of 40 is an aspect ratio meaning 40% of the width, or 245*.4=98mm tall. There is more wheel gap, ~1/2" more. I'll take the much better acceleration, and just lower the car though.

Comment

Sweeet. :smoke:
                        2007 G5 Base Model
                        Black 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                        X