• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/brakep ... mit=Search

04+ PONTIAC G6 3.5 F&R Slotted & Drilled Brake Rotors

04 G6 huh?

I dunno about that site
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I've looked at them quite a bit along with all the other sellers on ebay and BrakePlanet is definitely not one of my choices, I'd go with either the Magnum rotors or the R1 Concepts rotors if you're gonna buy some.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

You could snag the R1 off eBay, but I hear they aren't the best company to deal with so I dunno... I'd tell you to save up more and buy some better quality ones.

Comment

^I agree, the R1 rotors seem to be the best quality offered on the net-especially their higher priced ones (performance or whatever they're called). I've tried contacting them a couple times, once was an email asking questions and they just replied with their phone number and the second time I never heard back from them.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

On my first oil change (8500km's) I had them check my rotors.
            They machined all 4 of them because of corrosion.
            Now 1500 km's later I'm having them look at them again because they give a high pitch squeal when I brake (really loud).
            I think they didn't clean the rotors when they machined them as I heard a grinding noise as well this morning.

I'm going to be sourcing out some brakes from a local company that makes performance rotors for race cars etc...
            If anybody is interested, I can possibly setup a group buy.
            07 White G6 GTP Sedan
            OPGClub

Comment

I would

Comment

a ton of people would be interested I'm sure depending on what type of rotors and what not.

Comment

Has anyone ordered the Aimco rotors off of Autoparts warehouse? I know that they are solid rotors but they seem to be pretty good for the price.

Comment

I think those who have replaced their rotors have gone with either slotted or drilled-why pay for solid rotors again?

Comment

Solid rotors will have the same problems eventually.

Comment

Group Buy

Depending on what's on offer, I would be interested. I'm currently considering slotted rotors and ceramic pads (front & back).
                        Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

Re: brakes and rotor question

Originally posted by swg6
                          Does anybody else experience shaking when braking from speeds higher than 70? I just got my g6 maybe two or three weeks ago and it is an 06 wit about 28,000 mls on it and when I start braking from high speeds it shakes like crazy. Is that worn out brakes or rotors or is that just cheap GM rotors?
                          Within the last two weeks I have noticed that the front end of my 2006 G6 coupe with just over 10,000 miles has started to shake when I apply the brakes. I have had the car for 15 months but don't drive it that much. I had planned to ask about brakes on the forum until I found this thread. Do you think the dealer will do something about the brakes or just say it is because I drive the car hard? I can't remember ever having a panic stop or even locking up the wheels while driving. Of course it would be hard to lock up the wheels with ABS. Haha!

Comment

i just ordered cryogenically frozen powerslot rotors from tire rack..i havent put them on yet bc i havent gotten them shipped to me yet but...i mean they are cryo slotted and they are only $108 for the front and $100 for the rears so why go with solids again...???
                            06BlkGTP 6spd coupe.
                            D.S CAI+Stage 4.
                            Tune Time Performance Tune.
                            Red painted calipers.
                            GT-R Exhaust
                            GM Strut Bar
                            Red LEDs under dash
                            PowerSlot Cryo Rotors + Hawk Pads
                            Hammerhead

Comment

Originally posted by blkgtp
                              i just ordered cryogenically frozen powerslot rotors from tire rack..i havent put them on yet bc i havent gotten them shipped to me yet but...i mean they are cryo slotted and they are only $108 for the front and $100 for the rears so why go with solids again...???
                              are you sure because I just looked and it says those prices are PER rotor??

Comment

Re: brakes and rotor question

Originally posted by swg6
                                Does anybody else experience shaking when braking from speeds higher than 70? I just got my g6 maybe two or three weeks ago and it is an 06 wit about 28,000 mls on it and when I start braking from high speeds it shakes like crazy. Is that worn out brakes or rotors or is that just cheap GM rotors?
                                I went down to the dealer today and told him the front of my car was shaking when braking from speeds greater than 50. He said to bring it in tomorrow morning and they would take care of the brakes under warranty. My 2006 GT Coupe is 15 months old and just turned 10,500 on the way home from the dealer. He also said they would give me a loaner while my car was in the shop. I also mentioned that after the last rain the driver's side seatbelt was damp again. Not as wet as it used to get after a rain but definetly damp. I never did get the sunroof leaking recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X