Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.9L LZ9 internal upgrades & modification query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.9L LZ9 internal upgrades & modification query.

very nice. I love the way your build is going.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Well, I'm taking another year of the same course...since parts were and are hard to come by. This time I got the aftermarket forged rods made and delivered. I also had a torque plate made to perform the honing properly. After this build I will more than likely rent the torque plate out. Check out the pics.
      I'm still having issues with getting a better cam made. I'll try to keep this up to date.
      '06 3.9L VVT Engine Rebuild
      '91 Chevy Beretta GT 3.1L 5spd.

Comment

wot-tech.com has a cam for a 3500...and other stuff...try it if u can and post us 6ers wanna kno
        Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
        JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Does the 3500 have VVT? I'm trying to keep the VVT function.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtohil
            Does the 3500 have VVT? I'm trying to keep the VVT function.
            The 2005-06 3500 does not have VVT. The 2007+ 3500 does have VVT
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

if you get a cam and like the specs let me know where you get it from. A cammed 3.9 would sound awesome.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Bump. find me a cam.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                Show
                -20% tint

Comment

this is the first time ive seen this thread and i cant wait to see what happens next...like when he flies to my house, tears apart my engine and makes it have 400 hp......
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                    this is the first time ive seen this thread and i cant wait to see what happens next...like when he flies to my house, tears apart my engine and makes it have 400 hp......
                    rofl. But seriously, a cam will make this engine scream.

Show
                    -20% tint

Comment

Hey guys, having an issue getting parts for this engine from the dealer... they're saying I need a VIN to order. Was wondering if someone can help me out by providing a VIN I can use.... preferably a '06 GTP w/ 6spd. But more importantly a 2006. Thanks, if not willing/able, understandable.

Comment

Hey guys, having an issue getting parts for this engine from the dealer... they're saying I need a VIN to order. Was wondering if someone can help me out by providing a VIN I can use.... preferably a '06 GTP w/ 6spd. But more importantly a 2006. Thanks, it not, understandable.
                        a VIN? That is silly. What parts are you buying? You should contact gmpartshouse.com. You can probably get the parts a lot cheaper and wont have to worry about the stupid VIN #.

Show
                        -20% tint

Comment

Yeah a CAM for the 3.9 would be awesome since I can't count the number of people that already thought it was cammed in the first place lol, kinda goes along the same lines of everyone thinking my car had a supercharger also.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

hypothetically...

if the LZ4 is just a destroked LZ9 would the cam work for us too?

oh and if i got a LZ9 Crank could i make my motor a LZ9???

sorry if i am a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                              Hey guys, having an issue getting parts for this engine from the dealer... they're saying I need a VIN to order. Was wondering if someone can help me out by providing a VIN I can use.... preferably a '06 GTP w/ 6spd. But more importantly a 2006. Thanks, it not, understandable.
                              a VIN? That is silly. What parts are you buying? You should contact gmpartshouse.com. You can probably get the parts a lot cheaper and wont have to worry about the stupid VIN #.
                              there should be a VIN# on the Motor block. unless the place you bought it from pulled it off

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                                Originally posted by leong6gtp
                                there should be a VIN# on the Motor block. unless the place you bought it from pulled it off
                                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                                X