X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kman
    Originally posted by Blackrider
    Nice Kyle I know you'll be happy!
    I changed my sig to "VMS Performance Group / Member #". I think it sounds a little more exclusive.
    Friggen Keith making things difficult :P

Better make sure Nikki changes it to
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

damn, you guys are all about the exclusivity eh?

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

It's a exclusive club that is looking for new members!
          2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
          Forge Motorsports BPV
          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
          HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

alright, when i get my car in two weeks i will send in my money. anyone have a vector on a car with fewer than 100 miles or will i be the first?

and would you guys suggest pulling your own CPU or sending in a different one? which one needs the crank learn or whatever done to it? can i just send him mine out of my car and plug it right back in no problem? i have read so much on these things the past month i can't remember a damn thing.

Comment

alright, when i get my car in two weeks i will send in my money. anyone have a vector on a car with fewer than 100 miles or will i be the first?

and would you guys suggest pulling your own CPU or sending in a different one? which one needs the crank learn or whatever done to it? can i just send him mine out of my car and plug it right back in no problem? i have read so much on these things the past month i can't remember a damn thing.
              The best way is to send your ECM to be flashed with the upgrades. You will not need a Crank Relearn by sending your ECM(it would be 'Plug N Play').
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

sounds good to me. now i don't have to buy a spare ECU so i can get my car, drive it here, and then render it useless for a week or so until i get my ECU back.

Comment

Nice Kyle I know you'll be happy!
                  I changed my sig to "VMS Performance Group / Member #". I think it sounds a little more exclusive.
                  Friggen Keith making things difficult :P

Better make sure Nikki changes it to
                  Done :P
                  2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Yes, yes... and yes.

Got a tankful of 93 and drove 350 miles yesterday (mostly highway). MUCH smoother at all RPM's. Power gain is undeniable.. effortless power, even in 6th gear you can pass on the interstate without downshifting (if you didn't want to, anyway). There wasn't one passing situation I couldn't take advantage of.

In city driving, 70 mph never came up so fast, you really have to watch your speed. It's so smooth it doesn't feel like the car is struggling any more. If you ask me, this is how it should have come directly from GM. It just feels so natural now, power straight through without the hiccups. If you're looking for a turbocharger, this certainly isn't a replacement for that, but combined with my intake, it wouldn't suprise me if there were 12-15 more hp at the wheels.

The 93 octane thing really doesn't bother me either, it's really only a few more bucks. If you can afford $399 for the tune, a few extra dollars at each fill up probably isn't a concern for you either. I expect 1/4 mile times to be around 14.6-14.7 now.

I give it a 10 out of 10.
                    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Glad to hear... I am wondering what the tune would feel like with 87. But I don't think we will ever know...

Enjoy!

John

P.S. You should Dyno that thng!
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I should. I really wish I had done a baseline....
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

i want to know about the auto

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                            Yes, yes... and yes.

Got a tankful of 93 and drove 350 miles yesterday (mostly highway). MUCH smoother at all RPM's. Power gain is undeniable.. effortless power, even in 6th gear you can pass on the interstate without downshifting (if you didn't want to, anyway). There wasn't one passing situation I couldn't take advantage of.

In city driving, 70 mph never came up so fast, you really have to watch your speed. It's so smooth it doesn't feel like the car is struggling any more. If you ask me, this is how it should have come directly from GM. It just feels so natural now, power straight through without the hiccups. If you're looking for a turbocharger, this certainly isn't a replacement for that, but combined with my intake, it wouldn't suprise me if there were 12-15 more hp at the wheels.

The 93 octane thing really doesn't bother me either, it's really only a few more bucks. If you can afford $399 for the tune, a few extra dollars at each fill up probably isn't a concern for you either. I expect 1/4 mile times to be around 14.6-14.7 now.

I give it a 10 out of 10.
                            I guess I can expect slightly better gains, with my intake and exhaust system.
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

yeah, I'd imagine so. Also Keith, I know you had a good PCm like me, but the rolling burnouts are sooooo much easier with the Vector Tune. Jordie and I were talkin about that and he was right about the difference. I could pretty much always get a little bit before the tune, but now if you're at 3k or above, it's a done deal... you're spinnin!!!
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                                yeah, I'd imagine so. Also Keith, I know you had a good PCm like me, but the rolling burnouts are sooooo much easier with the Vector Tune. Jordie and I were talkin about that and he was right about the difference. I could pretty much always get a little bit before the tune, but now if you're at 3k or above, it's a done deal... you're spinnin!!!
                                Cool, I'm looking forward to it.
                                Forge Motorsports BPV
                                CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                                HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Working...
                                X