What would it take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take?

I know the 06-07's are bolt on for the gt-r, but could I put one ordered for an 07 gtp in a gxp?
    I know about the third cat, but could it just be cut and welded in?
    and about how much can I expect for a shop to do the install.
    I wanted a gtp but I'm having a hard time finding one I like.... Also would I run into any issues with installing that the 07 gt-r system on a gxp?
    ThanksIn advance for the help

Mods: 8K xenon HIDs; mobil 1 plaquer in engine bay; debadged sides and trunk;
    GT-R finally installed, all silver and chrome interior pieces painted.
    My progression:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20671

Re: What would it take?

I am fairly certain Kyle has a GTR on his 08 GXP. However I don't know the lay out of the undercarriage of the two cars. The GXP is already a dual exhaust if I remember and the GTP is as well.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
    2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
    Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

the hangers are in the wrong spot on the strait pipe between the 2 years, i was told that the flanges are different too with the spacing but im not sure, i used a gasket for an 06 between my headers and flex piep, not sure if it was the same between the flex and the exhaust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jacquel View Post
        I am fairly certain Kyle has a GTR on his 08 GXP. However I don't know the lay out of the undercarriage of the two cars. The GXP is already a dual exhaust if I remember and the GTP is as well.
        oh, and kyle has the GMPP not the GTR

Comment

That sucks, I guess I'll keep hunting for that gtp
          Thanks

My progression:

Comment

You can install the 05-07 kit on the 08-10 model, but you will have to do some cutting and welding. If you go the legal route and install the system after the 3rd cat, all you have to do is cut after the 3rd cat and measure the distance between it and the main pipe. The main pipe is the one with all the mandrel bends. Then cut the straight pipe that came with the kit to the right lenght. Making sure you measure from inside the female end of the main pipe to the place after the cat that you made the cut, as that pipe needs to slide into the female end of the main pipe.

If you're not going the legal route, then you'll have to cut the flange on our straight pipe out and use the stock flange that comes on the 08-10 models in it's place, then make and weld the rod hangers to match the 08-10 location in the tunnel. The 08-10 models uses a double hanger setup near the front of the tunnel. The 05-07 models uses 2 single hangers, one near the front of the tunnel, and the other near the end of the tunnel.

The flange on the 08-10 model has the same diameter opening in the center, what is different, is the location of the bolt holes. The bolt holes are further outward in order to clear the width of the 3rd cat, which is welded up against the flange.

Comment

That sounds like a looooot of work, or a lot of money depending where I take it...
              Thanks for the detailed explanation, another reason I'm glad I night my gt-r with you guys even if I haven't gotten the 6 yet...
              Your guys's customer service never ceases to amaze me

My progression:

Comment

Don't expect to be able to say the word CHEAP when it comes to exhaust, when I did my custom exhaust on my g6, it cost me 1200

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
                2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
                Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

Working...
                X