No announcement yet.

anyone installed a pulley on the g6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay so by the looks of things, i wont have a huge problem, only small ones if at all.since i mostly am all about pushingthe engine i would take the risk. thanks guys I feel better
    Black GTP 6pd Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
      I would be happy with a stock drive lightend power steering pully, and Alternator pully.
      So would I. I don't want an underdriven pulley. My headlights dim when I'm rolling off at a light as it is.
      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

take out your BOOM BOOM subs then-you are out of high school right??

Anyways so is Zero gonna be the man for the 3.5 to finally get some damn parts for this engine?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

do eeet. How many people do they need? Or are they gonna sell them to us for $60 a pop no matter how many buy.
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Im going to do this, I have already e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply. If its a go i will let kyle know and hopefully we can do this.
            Black GTP 6pd Coupe

Comment

"I know they say that they've been tested and they don't cause any ill effects, but trust me they do."

Care to show me any evidence of the UDP causing damage? Large stereos are not a problem if you have a larger alt, more caps, another battery, or resize the alt pulley. If you are that ragged edge close anyway, you need to upgrade. .1 volt drop at idle is proof enough for me on that. Plus ive used an UD pulley. Many have without issues. I can't think of any that did have it screw up their bearings or break parts.

If you think UD is a waste, you should seriously reconsider lightweight pullies. The drag of the waterpump is more than the weight of all the pullies combined.

I can get pullies made, but if you want the dampener, its gonna cost more. Research and development for that would be more than to cut a piece of aluminum and check it for balance and adjust from there. $60 for that though, dream on. If you get FFP to fall for that, let me know.
              Ben

Comment

Thank You Sappy! I just got an e-mail back from FFP:

Hi Jerrod,

We would be more than happy to look into this for you. Do you know if
                anyone has a stock pulley lying around? If not, I will see if I can get
                one from the dealer soon. I haven't had a chance to check out that forum
                just yet... do you know if there are any members in Colorado?

Thanks,
                Michael | Fast Forward Performance | michael@fastfwdperformance.com |

Colorado memebers, where you at? And ya 60 dollars is a little low.......
                2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                Black/Black coupe

Comment

like i said i live 5 miles north of the springs i can do whatevers needed. just let me know what they need.
                  Black GTP 6pd Coupe

Comment

ahh shit yeah!!...... can't wait to see what happens!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

SWEET!!!! got an e-mail back from him!!

Hey Jerrod,

He sent me an email already. I ordered two dampers (yes.. the 3.6 already has gone through 2 designs for the damper!) today from the dealer. I am definitely going to do my best to make this happen… just tell everyone to please be patient. The testing can take a lot of time (it did with the 3100 pulley anyway). No guarantees, but I am definitely looking into it (seriously at this point).
                      let's make this happen boys(and girls)! More aftermarket!
                      Black/Black coupe

Comment

jesus christ why in the hell is he working on the 3.6????

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                          beats me, throw him and e-mail
                          Black/Black coupe

Comment

hey boys, I got an email from him and im going to see if i can get a time set up to meet him.
                            Black GTP 6pd Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                              They run anywhere from 70-100 dollars for a pulley, but we(beretta forum) did a group buy with them and gave us a sick discount. Give it a shot?
                              Your the one that said you got a good discount from the normal 70-100 range.
                              BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                                G6
                                soon G8
                                Equinox
                                Torrent
                                CTS
                                soon Malibu
                                etc.

just kidding
                                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                                ^ The Man
                                v The Legend

Comment