Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it depends on how much it was used, if it was more than about 15-20K miles (I doubt it) you should use the k&N recharge kit, other than that no worries

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I already made one. I want mounting accessories - not zip ties. I don't care for the ghetto rig of the oil breather tube.

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... hlight=cai
      2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
      Black/Black coupe

Comment

No way I can make my own

Looks like I'm stuck with eBay :
        What do you guys think of this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MALIB...mZ160150779196
        It looks like DS's Stage 2 kit, but with a Stage 4 pipe too.
        Looks nice but doesn't isolate the intake from radiant heat..
        Looks like I'd need to get this to get the Stage 4 then trow in DS's Stage 3 or CAB and attack it to the pipe from that kit...
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Ordered it
          I'm not sure if it's a K&N filter on it or not...
          And this doesn't isolate the intake from engine heat at all...
          Anyone know if I can just attach the K&N that comes with DS's CAB to the pipe in there, so I know I have a genuine K&N? I still want get get DS's CAB once he gets caught up so I can isolate it from engine heat.
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
            Originally posted by cash
            it really sucks having to read through 39 pages of stuff that should be separated into pertainable sections on individual concerns.
            I don't care if a question is asked 10000 times in this thread, thats what its for! The point of this thread, it to keep the exhaust threads down and to keep people off the new guys back about using the search button.

ASK AWAY!
            OK, I will take you up on this...

Has anybody tried to use a K&N Panel filter in the stock airbox, but remove the resonator and create a snorkel through the fenderwell hole and opening? This is pretty much what the manufacturer Volant does to create all their intakes. I am thinking this is a unique way to go, and it might yield very good results.

Comment

many have used panel filters, but no one has created a snorkel, most people just take the resonator and leave the hole empty

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero

Comment

I thought about it...so the excess air from my Ram Air hood would have a place to funnel out of.

Actually I figured if I cut it from underneath my luck would enable it to whistle at precisely the right pich to cause dogs to howl while driving down the road or some such crap.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Ordered by Dr. Speed CAB today
                  I decided to go ahead and order it... I ordered this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MALIB...mZ160150779196 off of eBay the other day, but its ground shipping from CA and wont get here till middle of next week . I'm not using the actual intake from that, unless it's an actual K&N filter which I doubt, just the stage 4 aluminum pipe since Dr. Speed isn't making his stage 4 upgrade anymore. I'm like 90% sure I can just slap the intake and plastic piece from Dr. Speeds on the end of the pipe I got off eBay. I'll take some pictures when both pieces come in, the CAB no one seems to actually know when I should get it, but the pipe should be here next week.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Did you notice it shows 2 diferent setups?
                    The first pix has the long pipe with a 90 degree turn.
                    This is just like the DS Stage 4!

now the second image has one long straight pipe with one 90 pipe attached then one with a milder bend toward the filter.

I think either way would look good but for some strange reason I would drop another silicone coupler around your MAF then a 3" pipe about 3.5" long after that and attach your filter there instead of attaching the filter right to the MAF.

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

hmm I didn't take the time to notice that the pix were different...
                      I really hope it's like the first picture so I can pretend its a DS Stage 4..
                      As for the placement of the filter itself, I won't care much. I'm taking that out and just leaving just the long pipe (my imitation D.S. stage 4) there as soon as DS's CAB comes in. Worst off, I go back to stock and look for a used DS Stage 4. The eBay kit was just $60, worth it it for the month or two I might/will be using it.
                      The eBay intake comes in Tuesday, the $20 shipping got me ground shipping apparently from CA so its gotta come clear across the US, just in time to NOT make it in time before the long weekend.
                      I'll take pictures once I get it on and let everyone know what it _actually_ looks like. This guy looks like has sold dozens of these 3.9L Boo/6er kits and has more up already.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

I dont know what to get!!!!

reading about what you guys have to say about each kind of intake system there helps but, I would feel a little more comfortable if I could a get a straight up opinion about what I should get, I live in iowa so winters are cold and summers are kinda hot. I have 3.5 v6 and I am wanting to get a cold air system but dont you have to change it to short ram in cold weather, or how does that work??? So what do you think I should get?
                        done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
                        to do (soon): window tint
                        to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
                        need: g6performance.com decals
                        cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

it really shouldn't matter unless you're driving thru 2 feet of snow, you can get the 3.5 ebay one that is fenderwell and also includes a short ram conversion, so you could change it if you want

Comment

You don't need to change it to a short ram in the winter. Last winter my IAT was still much warmer than ambient. I think the coldest I saw IAT when the engine was warm was 59 degrees.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I dont know where I heard about have to change over in the winter, must have been a misunderstanding. Im not worried about changing over than, I cant make up my mind about the cab or stage 3 tho.

hmmmm...
                              done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
                              to do (soon): window tint
                              to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
                              need: g6performance.com decals
                              cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

Originally posted by datexasdude
                                I cant make up my mind about the cab or stage 3 tho. hmmmm...
                                Hey man, I'd say that the CAB is the best of the options, as it does provide cold air and is an easy install and easy clean.

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
                                15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
                                Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
                                Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
                                Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

Working...
                                X