Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

8"

Comment

To long.....
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

i did but the universal filter, damn thing is a bit bulky, but thats the smallest one they had where i went

Comment

can ya take it back or too late...?

MODS:

Comment

to late. already pitched the receipt

Comment

I was thinking of buying a Crab Intake and I was just wondering what is the difference in sound compared to the stock. I ask because I am also thinking of buying a Magnaflow Performance exhaust and I just didn't know if the mix will produce a sound I won't like.
              Thanks!

Comment

If your exhaust is too loud it will drown out the sounds of the intake but its not like a noise that when
                coupled together with any exhaust may sound bad. The intake sound is the intake sound.

Its the exhaust sound you may or may not like.

I had a magnaflow on my G6 but alas....thats for another thread (Clicky here for the exhaust thread).

MODS:

Comment

I 100% agree with Lampoon. 2 totally different sounds. I couldn't be happier with my CRAB intake. Do the intake right away, since it is relatively inexpensive. Then research exhaust.

ominousone

Comment

re-did my CAI tube

Comment

I hope you went with a 4"....?

MODS:

Comment

just recieved my cai from ebay today,will be installing it tomorrow,i will have no problem removing the headlight and stock intake,but i am not sure what and where some of these parts are for..intake came from procarparts.com anybody have this and have a how to ,thanks

these two brackets and some kind of rubber grommet i am not sure of

Thanks for the help....

cold air intake, painted engine bay, zzp strut bar, GM lip kit, upper and lower recessed chrome grilles, chrome handles ,pillar posts,painted calipers,painted mirror covers,custom dual exhaust
                        interrior blue LED's , front and rear dart overlays
                        MODS to come ...MPD or GXP hood,and 91 octane tune (waiting on rear tail lights)

Comment

the smallest metal tube is for converting it to a stage 2/ short air intake. the rubber grommet i think is used to hold the a/c line away from the belt. there is a how-to written in the how-to section about this specific intake by whitesedanman

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

ok thank you ,that helps a bit

cold air intake, painted engine bay, zzp strut bar, GM lip kit, upper and lower recessed chrome grilles, chrome handles ,pillar posts,painted calipers,painted mirror covers,custom dual exhaust
                            interrior blue LED's , front and rear dart overlays
                            MODS to come ...MPD or GXP hood,and 91 octane tune (waiting on rear tail lights)

Comment

Originally posted by canadian6er
                              ok thank you ,that helps a bit
                              here's the how to http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...p?f=29&t=11977

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                              Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                              Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                              -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

Hello is DA MAN!!

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                                X