Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

here's a free tip for ya cordless, look at my box and look at all the picks of pooners (the original) and then look at your engine compartment and decide what you want to do.

I would highly recomend making a template out of cardboard first so you can trim and fine tune it before you put in on metal or plastic. I used lightweight HVAC aluminum so it was easy to cut with a pnumatic cut-off wheel (and i had some laying around ), and then to make the bends nice and straight i used the wheel to very lightly score the metal where i wanted it bent. Then just test fit and paint it. i had to weld on a tab so i could bolt it down to where the original box bolted but that was just so i wouldn't have any rattles or anything.

Good luck and when you get something finished or even started throw some pics up here and lets see what ya got

Comment

i was busy today

k&n uni' filter

headlight removal (what a bitch!)

shop vac hose with fuzzy cleaner piece (fuzzy removed)

conected the flat cleaner part to the for lamp clips (dont have fog lamps) i put some duct tape over this (sorry no pic) just to secure

Comment

top view

view of hose coming through to filter

this is just kinda a mock up, still need to play with some things

Comment

O now that is cool. So you are using the foglight hole as a scoop right? Got a straight on pic of that?
          Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
          - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
          - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

So it can be done on the 2.4, nice job. Now you just need to get that over to Pooners and have him fab you up a box and you'll really be likeing it.

Comment

Can you get me a better overhead shot of where the green arrow is pointing?
              Also up under in front. Is there a place a CAB could tie into? can you snap one looking forward
              from the firewall? basically snaps where all the arrows are on that picture.

Thanks!!!

Im also wondering if you need all that black covering. Could a 3" 90 come off your TBI?
              Then you could take polished pipe to your quarter....?
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

i'll have more pics tonite

Comment

Tonight will be too late. For it is Friday the 13th!!

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                    it is Friday the 13th!!

Time to go hide.

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Look one page back at Pezzy's -he just did that.

Also look in the vendor area for my post on the Tiger Crab.
                      Its a do it yourself for a snorkle intake. At the minimum it may
                      help fire up your synapsis.
                      man lampoon this tiger crab how-too is sweet I am gonna try it out next week
                      DONE: debadged, cold air intake, Crimson Crab, red painted calipers and black painted rotors, painted engine and battery cover, eyelids, black emblem overlays, 235/55R16 tires, Raceingline engine mounts, Raceingline strut tower brace, Black recessed upper grilles.

Comment

Lampoon, got thew shots you wanted

top view

heres one dead on

hope these helped!

Comment

Can you get me a better overhead shot of where the green arrow is pointing?
                          Also up under in front. Is there a place a CAB could tie into? can you snap one looking forward
                          from the firewall? basically snaps where all the arrows are on that picture.

Thanks!!!

Im also wondering if you need all that black covering. Could a 3" 90 come off your TBI?
                          Then you could take polished pipe to your quarter....?
                          no i dont need all that plastic. and from what i found, a 3" 90 will fit

Comment

I would have to alter the cab to fit over that hump but the attachments for the brackets are there.
                            Man if you lived close we would sooooooo have you a fabbed up intake from the TBI on!!

We would need to extend what you have and direct it over more at an angle.
                            What size is your intake on your filter?
                            Is it 3" crammed over your MAF?

MODS:

Comment

yea, it would be a bit of a drive. i'm about 99% sure that its a 3" on the filter.

Comment

Measure your filter tip to stern. Is it over 6"? Include the bottom attachment part

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                                X