Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

that is how i installed my fenderwell intake.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

resonator removal FTW....also for your leg sake I hope you had a jackstand in there.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Just about to make a comment on the jack stand. That is too dangerous. Also on that top pic, I noticed that your intake was realy realy close to your belt. Mine was too, and I did some bending of the bracket and got it further away. The last thing I noticed was on my ebay intake. The filter sat realy close to the cross member behind the headlight. So when it rained the water would run across the cross member and onto the filter. Check that out and adjust your pipe accordingly

Comment

haha yes we did! When that picture was taken the spring was already put into place and we had a stand underneath, just not able to see it in the picture. safety was takin into consideration lol.

Comment

• Re: Intake Elbow Size

Originally posted by HogTech
            OK, thanks Robert, here's the pic. I want to do this mod as well.

Can this elbow be bought?

Comment

• Re: K&N Typhoon Intake

1. MAS sensor wiring too short
              2. Air Recirculation silicone hose does not attach to stock hose.
              3. Heat sheild could have been better
              Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

• Re: K&N Typhoon Intake

Luckily I had time to cancel my KN typhoon due to it being backordered so I could order a CAB and cone from pooners.
                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

• Cold air intake

I was considering a cold air system for my 05 3.5L engine but I wonder how much benefit it would be because of how hot the intake tube gets with the heat from the exhaust manifold and the radiator. I opened the hood after getting home and quickly felt the temperature in the engine compartment. It seems much cooler around the battery so I wonder; why not mount a cone filter to a shortened intake tube in that vicinity of the engine compartment. I could always re-locate the battery to where the air filter box is currently located. Has anyone ever tried this method of a cold air system and if so, how did it work out?

Comment

• Re: Cold air intake

no one has done that yet.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint

Comment

Yes, someone did do this. I just don't remember who.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I forgot who too... but it's a Short Ram intake is what it's called I think.

They are stupid though.. they should have thrown the battery on the left and the intake in the fender well on the driver side instead so there's less heat soak. Changing this could easily net performance and slight MPG.
                        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                        2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

who? I don't remember anyone doing that. The only one I remember doing something soi
                          lar is that jordie put the intake straight down next to the battery

Show
                          -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                            who? I don't remember anyone doing that. The only one I remember doing something soi
                            lar is that jordie put the intake straight down next to the battery
                            Maybe that's what I'm thinking of?
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Jerrodman maybe?

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Its been done. Several times in fact.

The problem is there is no air going to the point. You have cool air going into your passanger side panel now.
                                I dont recommend that sans some way to vent cool air to that spot.

There is a very very small opening if you look but I wouldnt be comfy doing it and I do all kinds
                                of crazy things!

With a stage 3 or a CAB your getting cooler air to your intake.

Notice how I didnt say what a PITA it would be to move your mass air flow sensor?

I feel you would be sucking up even hotter air.

Maybe that newer hood they posted up this past week would vent to that battery spot.....

Hey woody....remember if you put the battery on the left you have the power wires crossing the belts.
                                Few companies will do that. Now if our engine wasnt transmounted it could go either way.
                                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                                X