Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
    What intake do you have?
    I found a guy on craigslist selling a K&N series 69 typhoon intake. It was a steal for only $50! So far I'm really happy with it, although its not on my car yet...
    It was originally installed on a 2009 GT. Only 4 months old when he totaled the car. It in like new condition!..but you can tell that it has sat in the guys garage for another year afterward lol. The only thing I don't like is the heat shield, but I could never justify spending $100 for the CRAB CAB.

Believe it or not, my mom works at a shop that is a K&N distributor so I had the filter professionally cleaned for free. I'm having the pipe painted satin red. It will be back from paint and installed in less than 2 weeks! (weather permitting ha)

Thanks for answering all my questions Lampoon and GMManof3!

Comment

Originally posted by SampsonSour22 View Post
      I found a guy on craigslist selling a K&N series 69 typhoon intake. It was a steal for only $50! So far I'm really happy with it, although its not on my car yet...
      It was originally installed on a 2009 GT. Only 4 months old when he totaled the car. It in like new condition!..but you can tell that it has sat in the guys garage for another year afterward lol. The only thing I don't like is the heat shield, but I could never justify spending $100 for the CRAB CAB.

Believe it or not, my mom works at a shop that is a K&N distributor so I had the filter professionally cleaned for free. I'm having the pipe painted satin red. It will be back from paint and installed in less than 2 weeks! (weather permitting ha)

Thanks for answering all my questions Lampoon and GMManof3!

Welcome bud! I am always glad to have helped.

Comment

I would remove it. It wasn't too hard, you'll be working in that area anyway, and like Lampoon said, you'll want that space for the intake (possibly).
        -- Whatever doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. --

Comment

So I finally installed my CAI last week. Today I did an oil change, and while the car was in the air, I decided to remove the intake resonator. After driving it with and without the resonator.... I think Im going to reinstall it.... As someone mentioned, the resonator, resonates. I think it sounded much more aggressive before. I do hear the CAI sucking up air but I preferred the growl that the resonator gave at certain throttle positions. Anyone else have this feeling as well?

Comment

Originally posted by SampsonSour22 View Post
            So I finally installed my CAI last week. Today I did an oil change, and while the car was in the air, I decided to remove the intake resonator. After driving it with and without the resonator.... I think Im going to reinstall it.... As someone mentioned, the resonator, resonates. I think it sounded much more aggressive before. I do hear the CAI sucking up air but I preferred the growl that the resonator gave at certain throttle positions. Anyone else have this feeling as well?
            what CAI did you get? the CRAB setup has way more audible growl

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

K&N typhoon

Comment

Hello. 2 Questions I can't seem to find an answer to regarding cold air intakes.

First, if I put a CAI on an otherwise stock G6 with the 2.4L Ecotec, will it give me an CEL? I've read various differing opinions on weather the 2.4L will accept one without a tune.

Secondly, I see a lot of people on here giving positive reviews to the CRAB intakes. I'm interested in getting one, but I can't determine if its for the 3.6L or if theres a version for each engine.

Thanks!

Comment

My browser messed up and double posted +

Comment

• INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Originally posted by BlargKing View Post
                    Hello. 2 Questions I can't seem to find an answer to regarding cold air intakes.

First, if I put a CAI on an otherwise stock G6 with the 2.4L Ecotec, will it give me an CEL? I've read various differing opinions on weather the 2.4L will accept one without a tune.

Secondly, I see a lot of people on here giving positive reviews to the CRAB intakes. I'm interested in getting one, but I can't determine if its for the 3.6L or if theres a version for each engine.

Thanks!
                    I don't think it throws a code as long as you keep your MAF but someone like Cruisin might be able to tell you if he had a prob on his 2.4, but as for the crabs it's not just for the 3.6 but it's not for the 2.4. I think there is a kit for the 2.4 I can get back to you on that one or you can just do custom because you pretty much just come out with a 90 degree coupler then straight pipe with maf then filter, pretty simple set up, also it's not your browser it's the forum.

Edit: there is a few kits on eBay but again if someone with a 2.4 can comment they could prob give you feedback, but they all look pretty close.
                    Last edited by Newellzie; 04-08-2015, 08:20 AM.
                    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

See I didn't think it would give a CEL either because I drive in -20 C weather and if the car can handle that cold of air with the stock intake then I don't see how a CAI could cause problems as long as the MAF is still there.

I've been looking at some of the ones on ebay, some of them seem decent.

Comment

Well it's not going to give you a code for cold air, truthfully your engine likes cold air, so you should be covered there, especially if where you live you have a colder climate all will be good and yeah they do and there not badly priced!
                        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

I am missing the piece where it hooks up to the PCV Valve I believe, I went autozone and tried 4 different brass valve fittings, none snap into place. I have no clue and cannot find what size or what kind of fitting I need, I have had the Crabs sitting in a box at my folks house and decided to reinstall it, I'm thinking it fell out somewhere and at this moment don't have time to go to my parents house and look.

Fitting that will snap into this,

Stock, need something similar to this,
                          Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
                          Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

Hey guys. I'm looking to upgrade my intake and really want to go with CRABS but they don't seem to be active anymore, or at least haven't replied to my email yet. Does anybody know if they still sell and if not, what the next best CAI setup would be?

Comment

Originally posted by aRuHZoNa View Post
                              Hey guys. I'm looking to upgrade my intake and really want to go with CRABS but they don't seem to be active anymore, or at least haven't replied to my email yet. Does anybody know if they still sell and if not, what the next best CAI setup would be?
                              I emailed them and got an email back saying they would make one for me, custom to order which sounds like it would be much more expensive than the ones I've seen on ebay ($100-$150). Interested to hear the thoughts of the others on this board. I have an 06 3.9 GT Convertible

Comment

I had a K&N Typhoon on my 2006 3.5l GT and it worked out perfectly. I was able to reuse it on my 2008 3.6l GXP with a custom bracket and new elbow.
                                Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                                INDIAN WARRIORS
                                1926-2010

Comment

Working...
                                X