Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah you should do that!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

• I got an email from K&N today because I think I wrote them a long time ago about available products for the 3.9. I noticed that they list a Typhoon Intake kit as "new", so I'm guessing it just came out? I don't really keep up with the number of intakes floating around, but here it is anyway.

Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

Built for performance and show, the Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. Some Typhoon's have high quality finish options including polished aluminum (part ends with TP), powder coated blue (part ends in TB), powder coated red (part ends in TR), and powder coated silver (ends in TS) among others. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction allowing more air flow to your engine. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. [MORE]

69-7202TTK Product Specifications
      Product Style: 69 Series Typhoon Kits
      Estimated Horsepower Gain: 5.22 HP @ 5195 RPM
      Color: Textured Black
      Replacement Filter: RU-5168
      CARB Exempt: No
      System Type: Cold-air intake system
      Weight: 10.1 lb (4.6 kg)
      Product Box Length: 36.25 in (921 mm)
      Product Box Width: 13.38 in (340 mm)
      Product Box Height: 10.38 in (264 mm)
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

• http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... 69-7202TTK

Interesting! Part number is the same and it only lists the 3.5 and 3.9 engine.

Originally posted by Hello
        how much is it?
        I called Autozone....they can get it in 3 days. You have to prepay though.
        The above part costs $255.99 plus tax.

Same part number for the 3.5 or 3.9

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

• What other engine would it list? It defiantly wouldn't fit the 3.6...

Even if they did build one, I think I am still going to build my 3.5" full piping intake when I get back from my deployment.
          2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
          Black/Black coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Lampoon
            Originally posted by WoodburyMan

You dont need those straps.

Blue Silicone pm sent....
            I had them from my eBay intake which needed them badly.. so I just reused them. It keeps it a tad more snug, whether or not I need it or not though I didn't really test since I just put them on cause i had them

And thanks! I'll be ordering those tongiht!
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

• I bet its the AC lines that are screwing up the 3.6ers.....

Anyone in SA with a 3.6? I'd love to fit it w/a Crab intake.

MODS:

Comment

• AC lines aren't in the way with the "stage 4" set up. Unless your talking about your CRABs Robert?

K & N would only have to mold a different plastic tube than the 3.5 and the 3.9 inlet angle to the TB and bam! 3.6 would have like the same thing.
                2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                Black/Black coupe

Comment

• You dont think that box would hit the AC lines?
                  They run a different path than the 3.5 or 3.9.

How come the 3.6 gets no love?

MODS:

Comment

• Look how long it took them to get the one for the 3.9 out...maybe one will come out for the 3.6 after they stop making it.
                    -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-7202TTK

how much is it?

I have to check out how much I can get them for through my work with someone we deal with a ton.
                      2007 G6 GT Coupe
                      Mike

Comment

• That's a good price if you compare to what K&N wants...which is something like $320 I think.
                        -Mike #1

Comment

• Well I just ordered the K&N intake from autoanything and it was $228.95 with free shipping and no tax. They originally wanted 249 but I told the sales guy he had to do better and he then lowered the price. BUT I had ordered a CAB from Dr.Speed in Oct. which I paid for but have not yet received and no idea if and when it will arrive. If anyone here is interested in the Dr. Speed CAB please PM me, I will obviously be selling it when it (hopefully) arrives.

Comment

• Wow. So I've been driving with the State 4 and CAB all week now. I've DEFINALLY noticed an increase in fuel efficiency. I've driven like I usually drive, with the exception of only 1 short trip on the highway rather than my usual 2 / week because classes ended, and my DIC currently read 19.5mpg . Usually by about 1/3 tank left it would say like 18.0-18.5 usually and I'd get about 17.5-18 when I fill up.

It has to something else like random coincidence as well. All I did really was go from a State 2 to a C.A.B. Blocking the heat couldn't do that much, could it?

Another note, I have to tie down the intake a bit more. I didn't bother attaching the MAF to the CAB like most people did with a bolt since I had the other brackets, but I'm going to have to. Right now, whenever I accelerate from a complete stop I hear a "eeert" from the engine, most definally the intake, I determined it was the filter rubbing on the CAB when it would shift slightly. I have to play with that later today.
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-7202TTK

how much is it?

on the page doesnt it say avalible in different finishes?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                              Show
                              -20% tint
                              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

• The last two letters in the part number indicate the finish.

Built for performance and show, the Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. Some Typhoon's have high quality finish options including polished aluminum (part ends with TP), powder coated blue (part ends in TB), powder coated red (part ends in TR), and powder coated silver (ends in TS) among others. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction allowing more air flow to your engine. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range.

Sooo a 69-7202TTP should be should be polished aluminum.- if its available. Call your local K&N dealer and see.

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                                X