Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalcoreG6
    So Sam, are you going to send us an e-mail or something tomorrow for ordering the exhaust?

If not tomorrow, for sure before the end of the weekend.

Comment

hey guys i have a 2.4l ecotec and i wanna get a muffler for now just to improve the sound and get a new exhaust system later u guys got any suggestions for a muffler that will improve the sound?

Comment

exhaust tips????

i am ordering the gt-r exhaust system from classicperformance & am hoping that someone can tell me what the dimensions of the exhaust tips are.

i am looking to get some black chrome tips (which if anyone knows where i can find them, too - that would be fantastic).

y'all's help on this matter is greatly NEEDED and greatly APPRECIATED!

thanks a million,

tom
        --<<the tin injun is back>>--
        2006 G6 GTP coupe - 3.9L V6 w/ 6spd. manual

Comment

Re: exhaust tips????

Originally posted by phaceman_gtp
          i am ordering the gt-r exhaust system from classicperformance & am hoping that someone can tell me what the dimensions of the exhaust tips are.

i am looking to get some black chrome tips (which if anyone knows where i can find them, too - that would be fantastic).

y'all's help on this matter is greatly NEEDED and greatly APPRECIATED!

thanks a million,

tom
          Hi Tom, the diameter of my tips are 4.5" and the inlet is 2.5"

Comment

I get my tax return real soon here, I was thinking about getting duals with dual magnaflows.
            maybe something like Kman?

I currently have a stock 06 gt coupe,
            how expensive has this been for other people?

just wanted some feedback

Comment

The fascia is your first purchase and that is less than 100.

After that it will cost at least 300 and that is for any custom exhaust work on the extreme low end. Really more like the 500-600 range without getting too fancy.

Unless you have a really great exhaust shop with great pricing around you The GT-R is really the best bang for your buck if you want to go single muffler.

John
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight
                I get my tax return real soon here, I was thinking about getting duals with dual magnaflows.

Kman got one heck of a good deal on his. I think he paid just over $900.00 for his system. His pipes are not mandrel bent, but he says they are real close. Of course his system is not a real dual exhaust, as it is still a single pipe feeding two mufflers. There is however a member here that did go with two pipes and mufflers, maybe he'll chime in.

Comment

Would I be able to purchase the gt-r and have my local exhaust shop put it on?
                  I am at work, so I can't hear the sound clips, but I really like the feedback I am reading!

Comment

Would I be able to purchase the gt-r and have my local exhaust shop put it on?
                    I am at work, so I can't hear the sound clips, but I really like the feedback I am reading!
                    Im going to put it on myself then take it down to a shop to be welded. But Im sure if you dont want to mess with it a local mechanic will take your money and do it.
                    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

well than, on that note, are there any G6ers in the are that would be able to help me do this?
                      I am just worried about doing it myself and screwing it all up.

Comment

The system is really not that hard to install, but having another persons help, comes in real handy, as the factory system is all one piece, and rather awkward to remove. If you don't have much mechanical experience, it will take longer to install. The secrete is not tightening up on the clamps till you have everythingh adjusted.

All the parts just slip into one another.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R

Kman got one heck of a good deal on his. I think he paid just over $900.00 for his system. His pipes are not mandrel bent, but he says they are real close. Of course his system is not a real dual exhaust, as it is still a single pipe feeding two mufflers. There is however a member here that did go with two pipes and mufflers, maybe he'll chime in.
                          Thanks for the props ,Sam. Your system was actually my first choice, but I was working to get the mods done in a tight time frame. My system was $900. Your system is the only ready-to-install exhaust for the G6 and it is of high quality.
                          2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                          Forge Motorsports BPV
                          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                          HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

did anybody else lose mpg with there exhaust..... I've lost about 7 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by jkru
                              You still stompin on the go pedal to hear it?
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                                Originally posted by jkru
                                You still stompin on the go pedal to hear it?

not really

Comment

Working...
                                X