Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

does the site have free shipping or something?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

• Re: EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Originally posted by leong6gtp
      does the site have free shipping or something?
      As I said you are quick with the trigger.
      Why shoot everthing that moves? Is that why you have so many post? Ah I get it, this way the armanition is free.LOL. I'm just razzing you. Let smoke a pipe were it has the Pontiac logo

The purpose of my post was to get some intelligent comments on the proposed alternate cat back for us Canadians. I Know for you fortunate American's you do have GT-R at a verry resonable price especialy being a member here. I would with no hesitation buy it if I was too.
      I didn't ask to dispute the better or wosrt of one or the other. Simply an intelligent thought on this alternative.

So my reference was for us Canadian to buy that product at the local Canadian GM dealer. Not the site I refered to, that was to visualize with a picture of the offered product not a target to shoot at.
      Just to top it all up the dealer are actualy selling it for 1K. Now you can spit your tobaco. LOL. Sorry that came out by itself.

I can buy at garrage price so it maybe more appealing for me.

Back to my ORIGINAL question. Forget about the price, does it seem like a descent exhaustor what? PLease liong6gtp can you stand down on this one. No offence I hope.
      Debaged, GFX red overlay on GXP & metalic black overlay on key holes & front logo, red calipers, K&N filter, Vector ECM & TCM tune, 35% tint all around.
      Pioneer TS-D1720C front, TS-D6902R rear, GM-D9500F power amp

Comment

• Re: Car sound - Muffler/Exhaust/intake/headers?

the post above me sounds just like i would want and i saw a flowmaster 40 at checkers for 84 or something like that i could do that
        Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

well there you go then
          2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

so having the resonator removied will improve sound some and then a flowmaster later will make it that much better right.
            Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by travis05
              so having the resonator removied will improve sound some and then a flowmaster later will make it that much better right.
              my car without resonator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86h1gz-5 ... h_response

Jahnplayâ„¢

Comment

I like that sound except it sounds like there is something metallic rattling when you let up on the revving. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Comment

Also, I see it says Cherry Bomb Pro (a glasspack if I'm not mistaken). I've heard good and bad things about those.
                  1. How much did all of that cost together?
                  2. Is there a way to get rid of that metallic rattling sound that comes when you let up on the revving? (idle and pushing on the pedal sounds perfect, letting up on the pedal sounds like something metallic rattles, you should easily hear what I mean)
                  3. Cherry Bombs/Glasspacks ... how reliable are they? I've heard some people say they sound "better" after a couple months/couple thousand miles, some say they sound the same, some say they're stable, some say they fall off, some say they break ... is this something that would end up being changed like every couple months? I'd like something that preferably doesn't need to be changed except for maybe once a year if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianSix
                    Also, I see it says Cherry Bomb Pro (a glasspack if I'm not mistaken). I've heard good and bad things about those.
                    1. How much did all of that cost together?
                    2. Is there a way to get rid of that metallic rattling sound that comes when you let up on the revving? (idle and pushing on the pedal sounds perfect, letting up on the pedal sounds like something metallic rattles, you should easily hear what I mean)
                    3. Cherry Bombs/Glasspacks ... how reliable are they? I've heard some people say they sound "better" after a couple months/couple thousand miles, some say they sound the same, some say they're stable, some say they fall off, some say they break ... is this something that would end up being changed like every couple months? I'd like something that preferably doesn't need to be changed except for maybe once a year if at all.
                    1- cost me 280$ total at a muffler shop might be less where you live i am not sure

2- the sound your talking about goes away after your car warms up in the video the car is cold not fully warmed up so you got to drive it for like 5 mins and i will go away

3- i am happy with it no problems i had alot of people saying how they like the sound and they can't belive its a G6 making that sound. and i had it for 9 months now with no break downs

and btw i don't know why it sounds different when i am moving that standing still

look at this video my car was fully warmed up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSGiiYsnFE8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jahnplayâ„¢

Comment

if you want to sound like a gay civic then use a cherry bomb muffler
                      remove your resonator then install a 40 series flowmaster and it'll sound good...
                      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
                        if you want to sound like a gay civic then use a cherry bomb muffler
                        remove your resonator then install a 40 series flowmaster and it'll sound good...
                        ya too bad mine does not

Jahnplayâ„¢

Comment

What would the flowmaster 40 sound like with the resonator? Just curious. Removing the resonator isn't going to void anything right? I don't know what 'gay civic' sound is, but usually I don't think there is any really "bad" or "gay" sound unless it's high pitched and ripping sounding, but a lot of times the paintcan muffler makes a negative association with the whole thing sound and all, when if the paintcan were removed, the sound isn't actually too bad.

Also, I know it sounds odd to people my wanting to make a little noise and have a nice sound, but in terms of a person's car, their opinion is all that truly matters (no matter how bad it may be to other people) and I enjoy deep rumbling sounds (don't forget, I rode around in my Vette for a looooong time and I also have an '85 firebird with a custom exhaust system which I forget how we did, so not having any form of vehicle sound to listen to ... is just odd). Just a personal thing, performance to me comes second since I don't race, it's the sound that I'm used to and miss. I would drive the firebird everywhere, but commuting to college means that the traffic would absolutely kill it for gas milage and with it being old it needs to be taken better car of, so my G6 is my everyday driver. Thus, G6 = need some sort of vehicle sound woohoo vroom vroom!

Comment

If its just a personal thing and you dont care what other think (which is great, dont get me wrong) then do what YOU thinks sounds good... Lots of different opinions have been offered here, just do what you think the best id for you, and your budget. personally dont like cherry bomb mufflers, thats just me tho, lots of kids love em. Flowmaster is a classic deep sound for a reasonable price. Borla is better, but a bunch more money, so do what you like, and you can afford...
                            2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

• what is this

what is this mesh stuff on the exhaust and when i install the gt-r sys should i remove it or not

Comment

• Re: what is this

its just a cover over the flexable portions of the exhaust im not sure of its purpouse bit i wouldnt remove it since theres no reason too

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                                X