Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea for an exhaust

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

so you don't think it's a cool idea but how about with no side exhaust would it make it sound different than from both ends like the holes are already there for
      Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

With a Flowmaster on it?
        I'm sure it would sound different

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

i mean cause most of their mufflers are for front to back flow exhaust but can you make a new inlet in the middle of the muffler to use the same spot so you don't have to get a special bent pipe to make it work.
          Found cross flow muffler similar to what i want to work http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/80_series.html

Comment

Originally posted by travis05
            i mean cause most of their mufflers are for front to back flow exhaust but can you make a new inlet in the middle of the muffler to use the same spot so you don't have to get a special bent pipe to make it work.
            Found cross flow muffler similar to what i want to work http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/80_series.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
            I am by no means trying to discourage you, but, there are a few things you need to know.
            #1. Flow Masters uses baffles inside of their muffler. You just can't pop a pipe in the center of one and expect it to flow properly, especially out both sides. You pretty much have to cut one open and redesign the baffling. At this point you pretty much end up with a hollow can. There won't be much muffling, therefore you'll more than likely end up with a very loud exhaust system.

#2. When designing an exhaust system, you have to know the flow capacity. Just going bigger is not always the answer. If you intend to daily drive your car, you need something that will compliment a nice street tune, otherwise you'll end up with a loud car that is slower than stock.

#3. The G6 is at minimum a 3500 lbs. plus car. It is powered by a V6. loosing torque is not a good thing, as torque is the one thing you need the most of.

Comment

id move it but i feel like being lazy tonight

as for the idea. i think it would like unbalanced. you would have one pipe out the back and one on the same side? or the opposite?

either way i think it would look quite strange and kinda ricey, but that is my opinion on it. if you think it would look good then i say go for it, if you change your mind you just take whichever section off and you are good to go

Comment

• Re: EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

It really should have gone in the exhaust section.
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

well if i did that i would just do the back but thought it was a nice idea. so you could save a few bucks to have dual without the rear stuff to buy.

Comment

so found this and wondered if it would really work with the 6 and if anyone has it http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?D=exh ... 2+16&Nty=1

Comment

• Car sound - Muffler/Exhaust/intake/headers?

Okay, so my post basically got ignored in the exhaust topic and then someone posted the precise same question concerning the product I asked about, so I figured I should ask the real bigger question I had.

As I mentioned in the post, I'm falling into the 'shallow' driver state of mind - I'm in college, I wish to be noticed. I don't want to just pop holes in my pipes though because I believe that voids warranty, it can't control the type of sound, and I'm pretty certain it would just end up crappy.

So, onto the topic at hand. I have under $200 dollars to spend. I would like to know the cheapest (but best!) thing that I could buy for my car that will improve the sound (such that people will notice), but not something that will make it so loud that a cop will pull me, not so loud that it feels like the exhaust is IN everyone else's cars, and not something that requires a paint can muffler (or if it does, it can be hidden and I can use a tip to make put the outlet back to ~3").
                      That's one idea. The other idea is an entire exhaust system, but I'm 99.991% sure that I don't/won't have enough for that. However, if one can be had, I'm all for it.
                      Another idea that I've heard is that intakes can improve the sound, but I think that is more for certain points and not for an all around sound at low-end, upper-end, etc.
                      Also, I've heard that exhaust headers can improve sound, but headers are one area that I am lacking in.

If there is another option, I'd love to hear it. I just want something that will a. set my car apart from other G6's, b. let people know I'm here and I'm coming, c. won't void any warranty, d. won't sound like a cheap-ass toy car.

I know some people think some things sound ricey and I understand, however the only sound I want to avoid is the sound similar to those toys where you put the plastic string in, pull the string out real fast, set the car on the ground and watch it go with that 'ripping' noise.

ADD: The reason I made a new post was because I would also like to know about headers/intakes/performance things that add sound. The topic likely revolves around mufflers/exhaust, but I would like to know more for the future. That and, sorry, but I was a ghost in the exhaust topic and I would like to know stuff before the end of the year >.<;;

Comment

• Re: Car sound - Muffler/Exhaust/intake/headers?

im going to say that ther is no place currently making headers from what ive heard read etc etc

also when it comes to voiding warrentys the dealer has to be able to prove that what you did caused the problem so they cant blame your exhaust if your tranny blows unless something really crazy happened that your exhaust bleew a trans

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                        Originally posted by snowmanG6
                        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

i have the same question so hope someone can help

Comment

Ok, I'm contemplating a flowmaster. This is the description:

"FLOWMASTER 40 SERIES DELTA FLOW MUFFLER, 409 STAINLESS STEEL -- 2.50 Offset Inlet/Center Outlet, 4” Thick X 9.75” Wide, 19 Long, 13" Case Length, Produces More Power Than OE And Competitive Aftermarket Products, Unique H-Chamber Design Helps Control Interior Resonance, Fully Welded Construction Adds Strength And Durability To Last Even When Installed On High Horsepower Engines, Helps Increase Torque And Horsepower On Many Late-Model Performance Cars And Trucks, With Manufacturer's Limited 10-Year Warranty" -----Universal, $106.44

I've heard that people used the 40 or 50 series, but I'm not sure what the difference between the series' is. The 50 series says the same thing, except it's a 17" case length.

I would like to know a couple things:

1. Does this sound like it could be any good?
                            ---Performance gains, not too worried about, but I don't want to lose a mess or lose mpg (I don't know)
                            ---Sound, I only see the part about 'control interior resonance'; what does that mean?
                            ---It says universal; with the 2.5 inlet/outlet, will I be able to use my exhaust tip I have now on this? It's just a clamp on tip that I think looks nice.

2. Will I need anything else? I've heard people say you need another/more catalytic converters to stay in emissions limits or something like that. Is it possible for me to just buy this, install it on my stock car (since I haven't done anything to it except for the interior) and have it be 100% legal and under warranty?

Comment

Take youre 200$ go to the track, and if youre lucky take youre 500$ and by a gtr exhaust. Best decision youll ever make.
                              2006 Black g6 Gtp, MODS: Dr speed stage-3, Gt-r exhaust, 93 Octane VMS Tune, Dxr Black 18'' Rims, Razzi Body Kit,
                              Red interior lights, Alpine 2 DIN Head Unit, Boston Speakers, 2 12'' Alpine type-r in a custom ported box, front side 30% tint back and rear 10% tint. EBC rotors, Redstuff Pads, Black Recessed Grills

Comment

Going to the track doesn't really serve me any purpose x.x

I won't come into contact with $500 anytime soon at all, and I can't get the GT-R because I have the 2.4L engine, unless I'm mistaken about the GT-R and even then I still don't have $500. >.<

Comment

Working...
                                X