Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reubenk
    I think sam said it takes about a week or two to settle in. What size engine do you have?
    3.9L
    If life is a highway, than I'm driving!
    SSSS #8 06 Silver GTP CAB GT-R

Comment

The muffler is stainless inside and out. There is a stainless mesh inside which will settle after a few hard runs or heat cycles. It will then pick up a deeper tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
        The muffler is stainless inside and out. There is a stainless mesh inside which will settle after a few hard runs or heat cycles. It will then pick up a deeper tone.
        I don't drive that hard, so I'm assuming it's going to take a while.
        If life is a highway, than I'm driving!
        SSSS #8 06 Silver GTP CAB GT-R

Comment

I don't rag on mine very hard so it took mine about a month.

Comment

Yeah, if you're not hard on it, it will take a bit longer. This is how most quality mufflers are built these days. Without the inner chamber and mesh material, there would be no muffling effect.

Comment

Some of you might be asking why would a muffler need to break in. Let me explain.

Breaking in basically means, that the stainless mesh material will settle away from the inner pipe and closer to the inner wall of the muffler, allowing the chamber to muffle the sound further. Untill this occurs, the sound will have a little high pitch, since most of the sound pulses are just rushing straight out the outlets. Sort of like a straight pipe effect.

Once the mesh is pushed away from the center pipe, the sound pulses will then enter further into the muffler chamber, getting rid of the higher pitch sound.

Hope this helps.
              -SAM-

Comment

i didnt go through all 13 pages of this topic but. has anyone ever done this previously just getting rid of the resonator and leaving the rest stock..i want do something with my exhaust but i dont want to effect the sound all that much. even though i know that the gt-r isnt all that much of a difference.
                06BlkGTP 6spd coupe.
                D.S CAI+Stage 4.
                Tune Time Performance Tune.
                Red painted calipers.
                GT-R Exhaust
                GM Strut Bar
                Red LEDs under dash
                PowerSlot Cryo Rotors + Hawk Pads
                Hammerhead

Comment

If you check out the sound clips, the GT-R *is* quite different.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

The GT-R is nothing like stock at all.

Comment

Originally posted by blkgtp
                      i didnt go through all 13 pages of this topic but. has anyone ever done this previously just getting rid of the resonator and leaving the rest stock..i want do something with my exhaust but i dont want to effect the sound all that much. even though i know that the gt-r isnt all that much of a difference.
                      It has been done before. It will make a slight difference in sound. But me personally, you need to get rid of the muffler (s). And yes, the GT-R is a good bit different.
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                        i just meant not all that different bc of the clip with the guy just under regular driving. its very subtle of a difference.
                        06BlkGTP 6spd coupe.
                        D.S CAI+Stage 4.
                        Tune Time Performance Tune.
                        Red painted calipers.
                        GT-R Exhaust
                        GM Strut Bar
                        Red LEDs under dash
                        PowerSlot Cryo Rotors + Hawk Pads
                        Hammerhead

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                          i just meant not all that different bc of the clip with the guy just under regular driving. its very subtle of a difference.
                          Your nuts.. my G6's is exhaust is like... inaudible...Can't hear it at all. The GT-r is like 2039 times louder.

Comment

The sound on the video clips is a little misleading. It's louder than you would think from those.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                              It has been done before. It will make a slight difference in sound. But me personally, you need to get rid of the muffler (s). And yes, the GT-R is a good bit different.
                              Well getting rid of the muffler would be illegal, atleast in my state anyway.

Comment

So Sam, are you going to send us an e-mail or something tomorrow for ordering the exhaust?

Comment

Working...
                                X