Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Simple question about LE5 G6's...

Originally posted by BAMBAMM View Post
    Bump, I've seen a car or two that have dual mufflers, I believe the mufflers were Borla Mufflers and he had pictures. Hopefully someone will be able to see this and help you out.
    i have dual borlas and its very mild which i love. power/tq wise it picked up everywhere from what i can feel.

the video is in that thread but i dont have any pics as i havent had time to get under the car again to take pics.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
      No matter what you're running whether it be a G6 or a Corvette, peak hp, or peak torque is bs What is important are the numbers under the power curve, the (ENTIRE) power curve.
      I, and dare i say "we" as a buying market, understand this. the differences between random points over the curve can show "+46HP and +20TQ" However showing how your system evens out the existing curve is not showing BS

While a dyno is a great tuning tool for those that know how to use one as such, it is not a very good tool to show consistent or accurate numbers. I can have a dyno say what ever I want it to say, depending on how I program it, and while I have dynoed the GT-R and know exactly what it is capable of, I don't brag about the numbers, and have never felt the need to do so.
      Bragging is the not what i am talking about. it is showing the functionality of the product and showing the claim that it does increase torque throughout the curve.

We have plenty of systems out there, and had the system not performed correctly, I think we would all know it. I think it would be easier for me to post numbers, and say there you have it, but in the end it's the customers that will rate the system. Some here have gone with systems that have actually caused their cars to slow down (loss of torque) and this from systems that advertise peak hp and torque. In the end the customer knew better, but not till after they bought and installed the system.
      I agree that when some people put the "custom exhaust" systems they do complain about a loss and i agree taht many people have and will stand by your system as the best. never tried to belittle your system.

Like I said, it's just a selling tool for those that don't know better, and it works. I just don't believe in playing that game. I am here on this forum everyday, and can answer any questions you may have, try that with the other systems.
      The game you speak of is the main point of the product. just because someone loves the sound or "feels the power" does not answer the question i have been asking from day 1.

Other companies show results on paper. Hard numbers. something that can be quantified.

so, since you are here all teh time... can you show us some numbers. even if they are irrelevant as you say.

MAH PROGRESSION THREAD.................................................. .................................Mah Cardomain

Comment

I'll make a deal with you. You go ahead and challenge all the other companies that make an exhaust for the G6 with the same questions and I'll play. Till then, either build your own system, or buy one from somebody. BTW, it may surprise you to know that other companies simply photo shop an estimated gain onto a graph, but don't take my word for it, check it out yourself and then get back to us.

From your own quote:
        I agree that when some people put the "custom exhaust" systems they do complain about a loss and i agree taht many people have and will stand by your system as the best. never tried to belittle your system

Comment

he just wants the GTR system on the dyno man, is that really too much to ask? Kinda curious myself as to what the GTR actually can produce. No BS

Comment

Too much of a liability - if he publishes numbers that your G6 with a GT-R can't match then you'll be all over him to fix it. I say if you want numbers, buy it and get numbers or get another 6'er with a GT-R to get numbers.
            CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Liability?? Just throw a dam 6er on the dyno with the GTR and post numbers, and all you have to say in the small print is "results may vary."

Comment

Being a company that caters to a niche market... This shouldnt be pulling teeth. But i am going to send maganaflow an email. Asking for g6 numbers according to their system. I will send it to woodbury and then tell you i have it. Then you do the same and woodbury can share.

MAH PROGRESSION THREAD.................................................. .................................Mah Cardomain

Comment

I think your issue is with those exhaust system that caused a loss of power, not the GT-R. We're not the ones famous for loss of power, on the contrary.

If you want to play the numbers game, buy a GT-R and spend a day on the dyno.

hnda8n, how did you feel after spending money on that other exhaust system that caused your car to lose torque?

Did my recommendation help you to regain some of that lost torque?

Comment

^ I love exhaust shootouts!

Look at the EPIC one that happened on another site i frequent (back when i had a focus hatch)

There are a lot of myths, personal reviews and manufacturers claims floating around. So we decided to get down and dirty and find out exactly how some of the major cat-back systems stack up against each other and the dyno.

We put out the call to all the system manufacturers we could find and asked if they would be willing to provide us with systems for a shoot-out. Many said “yes” right away. A few needed more information before they were convinced and a couple* declined to participate.
                    we need this! GTR VS MAGNAFLOW! GOVERNMENT MOTORS RUMBLE! lol
                    -Paul- 2006- G6 GTP Coupe- Crimson Red- 18" Wheels- 6*Spd Manual

Comment

hnda8n, how did you feel after spending money on that other exhaust system that caused your car to lose torque?

Did my recommendation help you to regain some of that lost torque?
                      yeah it brought back some of the torque and I thanked you for that info. But I guess Im with Tupp on this and just would like to know what your sytem can do to a stock or pretty stock 6er, thats all. Plus it would be fun to slap different kinds of 6ers on the dyno anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n View Post
                        y But I guess Im with Tupp on this and just would like to know what your sytem can do to a stock or pretty stock 6er, thats all. Plus it would be fun to slap different kinds of 6ers on the dyno anyway.
                        I have a simple solution, just buy a GT-R and you too will know, just like the rest that have bought one, and on that note, lets not fill this thread full of gunk that will have to be cleaned up later.

Comment

Is there a difference in GT-R systems from trim to trim? Is the exhaust the same on the 3.9 as the 3.6, etc..

I know the hangers are different, but with the redesign of the muffler (ie, the valves to produce max torque w/ the dual-outlets) is there a difference?
                          Modifications:
                          [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
                          [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
                          [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

• Figured out my custom exhaust setup.

So after doing some research I have found my parts that I want to use for my new exhaust setup on the GXP.

Vibrant street power muffler 10633

Vibrant resonator #1793

2 Vibrant exhaust tips #1303
                            Last edited by The01Cav; 10-14-2010, 01:55 PM.
                            2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

• Re: Figured out my custom exhaust setup.

where are the exits for that muffler?

Comment

• Re: Figured out my custom exhaust setup.

out of the sides just like the stock muffler
                                2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Working...
                                X