X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 3.6 ltr.

Originally posted by stevey722
    hmmm im very interested in putting a turbo on...... i have the 3.9 though...... would you have to get bigger injectors when only running 5-7 psi of boost or would u be safe with the regular injectors....
    If you were to run 5 or 6 psi of boost all stock components should be fine to handle that. Or so that is what ive been reading

The stock injectors should be more than capable to handle a low amount of boost(5-6 psi)

Comment

hmmm this is great! so i figured i would be close to 300 to wheels or more at 6 psi.... the clutch would need some work though. wish i had the money!
      Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Not to chime in but. That's right as far as ive seen also. You will need a good tune though to make it run at top performance. There are grand am guy's doing this to the 3400's with great sucess some even geting high 12's. So if done right i think we will be in the same area low 13's to mid 12's. I know there is allot of speculation about the tran's not being able to hold up, but it is speculation and we won't know for sure untill it's attempted.

:EDIT:
        I did just find this statement on a spec's page for the auto 6spd in our car's. We have the 6T70 and could probably use the 6T75 to handle the extra power better.

"Two variations of the six-speed automatic transaxle are being introduced for the 2007 Model Year, the 6T70 and 6T75. The primary difference is the 6T75 has greater torque handling capability (see specs). The input gearset of the 6T75 uses five pinion gears, versus four pinions for the 6T70. In addition, the case of the 6T75 is slightly larger and includes a heavier ribbed case for strength."
        G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

That trans was discussed earlier.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
          4 door mafia
          93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
          8000k hid's
          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
          Rotofab cai and radiator cover
          13.207@107.11
          330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Originally posted by mi04se1
            That trans was discussed earlier.
            Woops i thought i had ben keeping up with this thread i must have missed it.

Comment

With the rear turbo set up would we need new headers or manifold or anything?

Comment

headers would help, but i dont think they are needed. the return pipe from the turbo goes right into the throttle body
                2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Thats the beauty of a rear mount turbo. No custom manifold's no intercooler plenty of room. The only problem i could see is the length of the pipe but if you think about it if you strech out all the pipes on an intercooled turbo car they would probably be about the same length. Not to mention all the bends your getting rid of which let's the air flow better.

Comment

Got to worry about the filter also under the car from getting wet from snow and rain.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                    4 door mafia
                    8000k hid's
                    Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                    13.207@107.11

Comment

Hey brian which one, tranny do you have?
                      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by uzun1986
                        Hey brian which one, tranny do you have?
                        The 3.6L only came with one. The 6T60 if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Correction, 6T70
                        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

correct

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                          4 door mafia
                          8000k hid's
                          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                          13.207@107.11

Comment

It's actually the 6T70.

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                            - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                            - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                              It's actually the 6T70.

That's right. And the 6T75 is the next applicable tranny, just with a high final drive. Thanks!
                              2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                              1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Originally posted by mi04se1
                                Got to worry about the filter also under the car from getting wet from snow and rain.
                                Yeah that could be a problem if you put it down by the road but if you have it up in the rear bumper and had a splash shield im sure it wouldent be that big of a problem.

That's right. And the 6T65 is the next applicable tranny, just with a high final drive. Thanks!
                                Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                                It's actually the 6T70.

[/quote="07GTPBlackAndTan"]That's right. And the 6T65 is the next applicable tranny, just with a high final drive. Thanks!
                                I couldent find much on the 6T65 sure you don't mean the 6T75 from the GM Crossovers.

Check out this link for more trans info. http://www.worldcarfans.com/10605187...utomatic-trans

Comment

Working...
                                X