X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 3.5 ltr.

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
    You can't offer anything like this can you?

sent from my wireless telegraph machine
    I mean this honestly, I wish I had the time!! I'm in the same boat with new stuff I have zero time right now
    Chris White
    http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
    2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
    2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
    2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
    2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Do you have EFI Live already? If so then why not try to write your own definition file for it? Just cuz EFI Live doesn't have the time to write one doesn't mean you dont haha
      Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

• G6 3.5 ltr.

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
        Do you have EFI Live already? If so then why not try to write your own definition file for it? Just cuz EFI Live doesn't have the time to write one doesn't mean you dont haha
        Because there is no loader function? Lol
        Last edited by GTPprix; 03-22-2013, 08:54 PM.
        Chris White

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
          I'm working with a Purdue student to do something similar and Brian has the efilive

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I'm working with a Purdue student to do something similar and Brian has the efilive

Nice! Good luck!
            Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Gonna need it! Realistically it prob won't work out.. but its worth a lil more trying

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Hi new to this performance forum! I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find mods for my car?? Ive searched online and cant find anything, only mod I have so far is an intake... also if anyone can explain to me what VVT is? Im not sure if my engine is or not I read somewhere that it was bc its an 08 gt. Im just learning about the pontiac game so all help and tips are appreciated! thanks in advance!!

Comment

it stands for variable valve timing
                  http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13376
                  v^v^my progression^v^v
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24215

sigpic

Comment

so we are all trying to figure out how to tune an LX9 ecu/tcu.. so what if we tried another avenue of possibilities? I know the GA 3400 guys move to install a 3500 in their cars and can tune since they have P04 controllers.. so whats wrong with putting a 3400 computer in our cars and getting a 3400 harness for the engine? the BCMs are the same (mostly) (same language at least)

lets discuss shall we?

Comment

so we are all trying to figure out how to tune an LX9 ecu/tcu.. so what if we tried another avenue of possibilities? I know the GA 3400 guys move to install a 3500 in their cars and can tune since they have P04 controllers.. so whats wrong with putting a 3400 computer in our cars and getting a 3400 harness for the engine? the BCMs are the same (mostly) (same language at least)

lets discuss shall we?
                      Not even close to the same unfortunately. The GA is Class 2 everything in the G6 is GMLAN, the Grand Am also runs a P59 Variant.
                      Chris White

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                        Post a picture of it. There is a big visual difference.

i even googled the LZ4 and LX9 and tried to compare it to mine but being i'm not much of a car person i don't notice anything obvious LOL

Comment

Originally posted by moose517 View Post

i even googled the LZ4 and LX9 and tried to compare it to mine but being i'm not much of a car person i don't notice anything obvious LOL
                          LZ4

Comment

lets discuss shall we?
                            You guys try a stand alone? Wiring sucks but if its not your daily driver, its an option. My uncles done a couple Fast stand alones for some turbo Ford 2.3's. I can help.... if you can afford a Motec setup, lol. Or you can tune the way the manufacturers do, but you need a special PCM typically labeled a "ram" PCM, and ETAS INCA software. But it'll cost more then the Motec. A cheaper stand alone is probably the best bet.
                            Last edited by gokart2; 04-15-2013, 09:56 PM.
                            Wife: 09 Malibu LTZ 3.6L
                            K&N filter, modified stock air box and MAF, and custom intake piping (done, but needs more perfecting). Working on custom engine damper and mount (stock mount on engine is plastic and flex's terribly). Also about to port a TB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Me: 06 Focus ST 2.3L
                            Balance shaft delete, Cosworth CAI, FRPP (Borla) catback, poly dog-bone trans mount bushings, 89oct SCT tune
                            Had a Cosworth header and 93oct tune at one point.

Comment

why has anyone try to upgrade the cams for the LZ4 i post up threads and no input
                              why is that??

Comment

For anyone who uses Tunercat... www.tunercat.com
                                Vehicle Definition Files (VDFs) are now available for 2007-09 3.5 and 3.9; and the 2010 3.5. (The 2010, I believe, uses a different PCM. Hence the two files.)

You will still need the OBDII tuner. If you don't already have one, you will need to buy one from someone other than Tunercat. They have an exclusive distributorship with Jet Performance, but they still support their older customers (like me) with new files and stuff.
                                Raydar

2010 Pontiac G6 GT 4 door. 18" Mach M7 wheels. "The ride"
                                1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Fastback conversion. 4.9/Allante V8. NVG T-550 5 speed. "The toy"

Comment

Working...
                                X